Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 187544 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:04:37 »

People always find things to whinge about in these olympics, and NONE OF THEM ARE MATTERS TO MOAN ABOUT. It pisses me off that this is the biggest festival of sport to ever take place in this country ever, and people still try and whinge.

Totally with you on this. Everybody moaning about how crap the opening ceremony is going to be based on nothing other than a three minute bit of nonsense in Beijing that nobody really cared about, and a bucket load of good old British pessimism.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:06:21 »

...to make it eaiser for the yanks to watch.

This is likely to be the key bit.

"Absolute Calamity!"
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:12:43 »

One of the pluses about the Olympics is we get to ogle some stunners as well.  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:14:00 »

It starts at 4 doesn't it?

And with the wonders of modern technology, it's not going to be that difficult to watch it again is it? I won't be suprised if the bbc have a channel set aside solely to show the opening ceremony on repeat for the two weeks. They've got one for everything else.

People always find things to whinge about in these olympics, and NONE OF THEM ARE MATTERS TO MOAN ABOUT. It pisses me off that this is the biggest festival of sport to ever take place in this country ever, and people still try and whinge.

Apparently the rest of the world perceive us now as a nation of moaners. Well fuck them...they can piss off.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:28:14 »

Totally with you on this. Everybody moaning about how crap the opening ceremony is going to be based on nothing other than a three minute bit of nonsense in Beijing that nobody really cared about, and a bucket load of good old British pessimism.

me too, if the games was in another city in another country everyone would be talking about our medal chances and hoping we do even better than last time round.

but no, it's in england and all people can do talk shit about it.

i dread to think what would happen if we ever get another world cup - it'd be the worst thing to ever happen anywhere on the planet presumably...
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:40:24 »

It starts at 4 doesn't it?

And with the wonders of modern technology, it's not going to be that difficult to watch it again is it? I won't be suprised if the bbc have a channel set aside solely to show the opening ceremony on repeat for the two weeks. They've got one for everything else.

I thought it started at 20:12, and went on till gone midnight ? And yes I know I can watch it again, not really the same though is it ?

To be honest though, if all we're finding to moan about is stupid little things like this, it should be the best Olympics yet. A lot of other countries have still been fitting the seats in the stadiums or plumbing the Olympic village at this stage !
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:41:55 »

me too, if the games was in another city in another country everyone would be talking about our medal chances and hoping we do even better than last time round.

but no, it's in england and all people can do talk shit about it.

i dread to think what would happen if we ever get another world cup - it'd be the worst thing to ever happen anywhere on the planet presumably...

The Daily Mail would go into meltdown, I don't think the media help at all in the build up to any major event. Focusing too much on the negative and not enough on the positives. I will enjoy having the Olympics here in my country this will be the first and last time I'll ever see it here.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 14:57:18 »

One of the pluses about the Olympics is we get to ogle some stunners as well.  Cheesy

Well if there's going to be an Olympics Stunners I don't want Saudi Arabia

DMR

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 15:57:04 »

Prepubescent gymnasts and tanks who could beat the living fuck out of you?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 15:58:41 »

I will watch as much as I can on TV... I love it. Also, I'm unemployed, skint, and intolerant to summer sunshine, so it will keep me occupied regardless.

If you have Virgin, check out the 24 additional BBC Olympics channels (High 500s, maybe 580...).  Looks like they're trying to televise absolutely everything.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 17:12:10 »

Prepubescent gymnasts and tanks who could beat the living fuck out of you?

Well if that's your thing, I prefer the women's beach volleyball myself.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 17:25:08 »

Its good to see us host a major sporting event but we will be made to look silly as you can bet our public transport system will be shown up for how awful it really is. It will also be interesting to see how well organised it is as well.

On the actual subject of sport I'll watch the footy maybe some sprinting events, the cycling but that's about it id imagine.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 17:31:47 »

Lodnon 2012 Oylmpisc??
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 19:13:35 »

Have tickets to football at Coventry on Sunday.

Planning to go to the Individual TT on Tuesday (as its free).

Have tickets for the Athletics next Saturday (incl 100m heats).

Will probably watch a load of shit sports that I wouldn't normally watch, if GB have a chance of a medal (ie Rowing, Hockey, Swimming, Sailing etc....).

It's the only time in my, or my sons, lifetime that we will host an Olympics.
If you like sport then it seems a bit daft to not embrace the opportunity.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 19:28:48 »

North Korea aren't playing, because they put the south Korea flag on the screen.

That's pretty funny

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: