Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 189450 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 13:47:28 »

Back to Cash in the Attic Reg?

No...West Indies v NZ from Antigua...a Test Match with possibly the lowest crowd in history.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 13:58:07 »

Honduras v Mexico finished 2-2. Can't have been that bad a game. And the wonderfully named Ben & Jerry scored 2 for Honduras. What's not to like?

I thought it was Morocco, given the way they whinged and bitched about the pen decision...must pay closer attention, to my national stereotypes
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 14:04:09 »

I thought it was Morocco, given the way they whinged and bitched about the pen decision...must pay closer attention, to my national stereotypes

You are right it was Morocco. Funnily enough we played in a local bank league football match a couple of weeks ago against a team which featured what I think were Moroccans. (Certainly from that neck of the woods) and they bitched and whined like a bunch of girls, despite spending the time kicking lumps out of us.

Our fiery Scottish forward kicked one of them in a tackle and then held his hand out to apologise. The fella took exception to this and said 'no, you do not kick someone and apologise' to which Ross replied, 'what the fuck do you expect me to do, apologise and then kick you'.

Needless to say we beat them 4-0, hence having the last laughs!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 14:24:53 »

Hoo is the President of South Korea.

(Damn.  Doesn't work as well when you write it down.)

Sounds like a job for Dr. Hoo
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 14:44:31 »

Bookies William Hill have closed the book on whos going to light the olympic torch after thousands of pounds was placed on Roger Bannister
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 15:24:28 »

Bookies William Hill have closed the book on whos going to light the olympic torch after thousands of pounds was placed on Roger Bannister

Looks to be just WillHill as the others still have Sir Steve as fav ahead of Rog!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 13:33:19 »

https://p.twimg.com/Ay0Bv7dCEAILD5W.jpg
Barry Scott

« Reply #52 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 13:39:41 »

Just wanted to say while driving through London yesterday evening aboard a bus, while on the way to watch Derren Brown, I was staring at a bird in the car next to me who I found strangely attractive, and some how familiar. After a few minutes I realised it was Posh, but only on account of realising how much like Beckham the driver looked. Weird.
ScillyRed

« Reply #53 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 13:41:15 »

No...West Indies v NZ from Antigua...a Test Match with possibly the lowest crowd in history.

Drove past this ground on a day trip from a cruise a couple of years ago - like Wembley stadium in  the middle of a very large area of scrubland - built with money 'donated' by China. Despite being Antigua with stunning scenery in parts, there is sadly considerable poverty for a large number of the indigenous population .
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 14:57:45 »

BBC have added loads of Olympics channels.
On Virgin they're 574 - 597.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 15:31:03 »

Looking forward to watching the opening ceremony tonight with pizza, cider and a few tons of cheap Swedish pick and mix.

I don't know why but I always enjoy seeing all of the athletes being introduced
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 15:45:13 »

I'm genuinely looking forward to this evening.  Snippets that have emerged from the rehearsals make it sound as if the ceremony has been tailored very much to the local, UK audience.  So the rest of the world might not understand a word of it...but should be fun for us!
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 17:21:46 »

Just wanted to say while driving through London yesterday evening aboard a bus, while on the way to watch Derren Brown, I was staring at a bird in the car next to me who I found strangely attractive, and some how familiar. After a few minutes I realised it was Posh, but only on account of realising how much like Beckham the driver looked. Weird.

Lovey alert!!!!!!!!!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 18:16:01 »

I'm settled in with an awesome amount of takeaway sushi ready to take in the whole spectacle - I can't wait!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 18:21:52 »

Pointless speculation I know, but I've seen rumours that there might be a beatles hologram, similar to the tupac one from coachella. That would be AMAZZZZIIINNGGG

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: