Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well done Woy  (Read 31305 times)
Flashheart

« on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:28:11 »

You over achieved son.

Dare I say there's some hope for the future.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:30:32 »

Credit to Roy, that's some job he's done in the last few weeks.

Keep blooding the youngsters. Roll on Brazil 2014.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:31:17 »

Did well overall
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:32:29 »

Indeed, lucky to get to penalties but we could have made the semi-final. And we were technically unbeaten.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:33:06 »

Well done Roy, looking forward to future tournaments! Deserved the loss tonight, but played well in the tournament as a whole.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:34:15 »

Credit to Roy, that's some job he's done in the last few weeks.

Keep blooding the youngsters. Roll on Brazil 2014.

Which youngters? The number of foreign players at the top English clubs was bound to affect the national side.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:41:12 »

Indeed, lucky to get to penalties but we could have made the semi-final. And we were technically unbeaten.

More than technically, 0-0 is a draw.  Penalties are merely a way of deciding who advances through to the next round, not who wins the match.

And, yes, I agree with the sentiment of this thread...well done Roy.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:14:57 »

I was amazed we got this far and topping our group was an over achievement for me. In the first half tonight we played the best I've seen for a long time, just a shame we were technically outclassed and Italy did deserve the win. I hope the FA keeps Hodgson on and lets him build for 2014 and don't bin him off for Harry.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:31:14 »

Little bit of a shake up, introduce a few more youngsters and the future is brighter than it has been for the laste few tournaments anyway.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
fatbasher

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:33:01 »

Agree with the thread title. Well done Roy and the team. I'm looking forwards to the world cup qualifiers now.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:36:17 »

Exceeded my expectations by getting out of the group. I think there were plenty of positives and being hard to beat was one of them. Need to look at the centre of midfield and maybe the wingers but there's a decent enough group of players there to make qualifying or Brazil easy enough.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:36:25 »

When you consider how long he has been in the job and the very short space of time he had to pick the squad and prepare, Hodgson has done a fantastic job. Sure the tactics were a bit too negative but I'd put that down to the lack of time as well.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:37:36 »

Don't forget the injuries too, limited our central midfield enormously.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:38:33 »

I agree

Hodgson has done a great job with the talent, and especially, the moral that he had when he arrived.

His defensive style, I am sure, was his way of making the most of what he had, and to be honest, we had several good chances in each game.

At half time today, % wise, we were way behind on possession and passes, but about equal on good chances. Admittedly it wasn't quite so rosy second half

I'm more than happy for the opposion to have the ball as much as they like as long as they fanny about with it and don't score.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:45:06 »

Agree with what has been said - Hodgson did a really good job in making England hard to beat in this tournament. Next thing to work on is not wasting possession when we win the ball and blending in a bit of attacking guile.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: