Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well done Woy  (Read 31432 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:52:13 »

You over achieved son.

Dare I say there's some hope for the future.

What hope? The players available are clearly not up to the task and never will be.

England will never win a tournament.

Yes, I quite like Woy but what he has available to represent my country are absolute dog shite
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:56:12 »

But England have won a tournament?  Wink

At the minute yes... But there is a lot of young talent ready to be primed for 2014. Walker, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Sturridge, Rodwell, Wilshere, Cleverly, Powell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bertrand ect ect
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:58:15 »

Let's hope Roy builds a team and hasn't got to pander to egos and the press. - the latter two can go and fuck themselves. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:00:21 »

Surprised to see so much positivity on here - I was half expecting the usual same-old-England type comments. Glad to see some rational response! I think Roy's done a good job, and when you consider the fact that many players in or on the fringes of the squad are still young, there's a bit of hope for the future.

One step at a time and all that, but to get draws against France and Italy is much more than most would have expected a few weeks back and I'm hopeful that Roy can help us find that bit extra in attack over the WC qualifiers.
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:09:18 »

What's the point?

Why not just accept the fact that England will never produce technical players capable of ever getting beyond the odd quarter final.

It's fucking embarrassing - again
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:11:05 »

rubbish, spain were dogshit 10 years ago
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:13:20 »

What's the point?

Why not just accept the fact that England will never produce technical players capable of ever getting beyond the odd quarter final.

It's fucking embarrassing - again

Why is it embarassing? Only four teams make the semis (obviously) and nobody in their right mind would put us in the top four. We were a kick or two away from hugely over-achieving, so fair play to Roy and the team for that. My hope is that this team can grow a bit over the next two years and be a genuine contender for the WC semis, which I see as ambitious but not outrageous.
graym

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:34:30 »

Well done roy for showing us how to defend and play long ball,4-42 the way forward that was the most inept i have seen an england team.
But at least hes english roony was fucked before half time
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 23:47:21 »

Well done roy for showing us how to defend and play long ball,4-42 the way forward that was the most inept i have seen an england team.
But at least hes english roony was fucked before half time

Do they not teach spelling at Primary School anymore ?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 00:38:48 »

But England have won a tournament?  Wink

At the minute yes... But there is a lot of young talent ready to be primed for 2014. Walker, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Sturridge, Rodwell, Wilshere, Cleverly, Powell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bertrand ect ect

These kids need to go abroad and play on leagues more akin to the slower more technical style of international football such as Spain or Italy or Germany.  We will get nowhere while they are fed on the wham bham style of the epl. 

I also think Roy needs to can 4-4-2. As being technically inferior and outnumbered in midfield is a recipe for disaster. I would go 3-5-2.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 02:52:01 »

I think Roy has done well.

Yes, England dont have the ability or players to be the best as Kerry Red points out - but that is why finally the nation has changed their expectations to reflect this. Did anyone think we had a chance of winning it, nope. Did we do better than most expected, yes we did.

We were hard to beat and committed to the cause - something which hasnt been seen in the national team for a good number of years.

Whilst I havent been paying much attention to news and/or paper and/or tv ads and fuck knows what else but this is the first time I remember reading/hearing/seeing nothing of the players off field/night time activities and what the WAGs were up to, which was a change for the better
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 06:54:22 »

I thought Roy was terrific this tournament. The only real decision I disagreed was to do with the admission of Rooney straight away. I be pleased if he took us into the next world cup.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:36:03 »

I was amazed we got this far and topping our group was an over achievement for me. In the first half tonight we played the best I've seen for a long time, just a shame we were technically outclassed and Italy did deserve the win. I hope the FA keeps Hodgson on and lets him build for 2014 and don't bin him off for Harry.

Roy has a contract till 2016

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:41:28 »

I thought Roy was terrific this tournament. The only real decision I disagreed was to do with the admission of Rooney straight away. I be pleased if he took us into the next world cup.

I think he needs to be more flexible tactically.

Given the lack of time and the limited nature of the players available a QF exit can be thought of as above average.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:50:15 »

Overall has done a good job with the players he has. Be interesting to see what style he plays once the younger players come into the side, might have to step away from the 4-4-2 mind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: