Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Italy match thread.  (Read 70077 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:56:48 »

I hate the guy, but must admit John Terry was brilliant tonight, as was Glen Johnson.

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:59:47 »

Rooney is a class act. If he had stayed upfront instead of dropping deep and wide all the time he may have netted more and had a better tournament. Why he was the one supposedly to try to stop pirlo i'll never know?
He tried to do too much and it didn't work. It's that simple imo.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:00:40 »

Ashley Young has been absolute wank all tournament.

Troll (aparently)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:01:22 »

How's that then? I make it about 50/50.

Only 1 win on penalties in 8 attempts prior to tonight didn't make the odds 50/50.

We didn't deserve to win, but after hanging on for so long, you couldn't help but wonder if it might be our night.  Too many players not in the game.  Gerrard probably had his least effective game, Rooney was clearly struggling from around 60 mins and constantly gave the ball away. As for Young, his penalty summed up his whole tournament utter dogshite.  How he's played every minute of every game is beyond me.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:01:45 »

perhaps if barry hadn't been out then we could have had gerrard take that job with barry and parker deeper and only the one up top (rooney)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:02:06 »

Rooney is a class act. If he had stayed upfront instead of dropping deep and wide all the time he may have netted more and had a better tournament. Why he was the one supposedly to try to stop pirlo i'll never know?

Jesus

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:03:50 »

Jesus

Better. I am not a myth
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:04:33 »

Troll (aparently)

Yep....no one has mentioned Walcot either.........absolute dire tonight,no cosistency at all in his game.
His pace should have made it a tough second half for the Italian defence.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:05:51 »

Yep....no one has mentioned Walcot either.........absolute dire tonight,no cosistency at all in his game.
His pace should have made it a tough second half for the Italian defence.

Much prefer Chamberlain, has a better end product and seems more consistent than Walcott.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:07:34 »

Some of the views on here, mainly relating to Rooney, are beyond belief. Clueless. I can only assume you have been drinking all day.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:07:44 »

Thought the back four has played well together in this tournament. Lescott has grown into an international. Cole has been excellent for years. Terry is a 110% trier (althougk he's a horrible man). Johnson has been solid, although prone to the odd gaff and wasteful in possession.

Tonight things went downhill quickly when Carroll came on. He and Rooney had no pace between them, which meant they caused no threat. Not sure what Walcott has done in the last 2 games. He has been totally anonymous.

Thought Parker had his most influential game of the tournament. Looked to do more than just break up play in the first half.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:08:27 »

Some of the views on here, mainly relating to Rooney, are beyond belief. Clueless. I can only assume you have been drinking all day.
Why, he was shite both games
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:08:36 »

I would've taken QFs before the tournament started so not disappointed. People on Five Live criticising Hodgson but not sure anyone could've done much better in the 5 weeks he had before it started a d, more importantly, with the players at his disposal.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:11:08 »

Why, he was shite both games
He got us three points against Ukraine and faced an uphill battle tonight with little service, add to that playing alongside a pub player in Carroll.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 22:11:39 »

Why do some people have such a problem with other people saying Rooney has been shit in the last two games when he so clearly has been?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: