Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1626068 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6255 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 15:35:21 »

Its actually less than you would think, he got a goal every 2 games for us but a goal every 4 for Ipswich before the injury, yes its a higher level but 50% lower strike rate.

Unless my memory mistakes me too, Ipswich also played Parkin in an outright target man role like we've had Simpson and Davison this season. It goes back to being at the right club with the right style of play for the player to thrive for me.

The same can be said with managers too, e.g. Wellens, Cooper and now Garner.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6256 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 08:15:03 »

Given Northampton provided their release/retain list last Thursday (a day after their play off defeat) I anticipate ours will be today. It should be interesting to hear who we have offered contracts to/released.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6257 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 09:07:47 »

Unless my memory mistakes me too, Ipswich also played Parkin in an outright target man role like we've had Simpson and Davison this season. It goes back to being at the right club with the right style of play for the player to thrive for me.

The same can be said with managers too, e.g. Wellens, Cooper and now Garner.
Absolutely right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6258 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 09:48:59 »

Given Northampton provided their release/retain list last Thursday (a day after their play off defeat) I anticipate ours will be today. It should be interesting to hear who we have offered contracts to/released.

Who do people think will be going without an offer then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6259 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 09:55:35 »

Who do people think will be going without an offer then?

Wollacott for one.

#1 all season then dropped at the end. Over the age of 24.
I’d say he told us weeks ago he had no interest in being here next season.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #6260 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:03:40 »

I am sure we will offer new contracts to all those out of contract barring Idem and Conroy who will probably be released.

Lyden offered pay as you play terms or a 6 month deal.

Wether they accept terms or not is a different matter. I fully expect Jojo, Payne and possibly Reed and Williams receiving offers from bigger teams.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #6261 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:24:41 »

If Williams leaves,I will cry

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6262 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:34:32 »

If Williams leaves,I will cry

I have to be honest Williams irritated me for much of the season, I felt he spent more time on the floor than he really needed to. Towards the end of the season I think he started to hit some proper form and we saw something more like the International footballer he is. If we can keep him next season I think he can kick on. Again, this is all dependent on whether Jack Payne stays or goes, but if he does leave, I can see Williams excelling in the Jack Payne 'role'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6263 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:38:11 »

For me Williams has made a huge impact.

My Charlton supporting mate said he will win loads of fouls with his gamesmanship, and he has, its part of the game now and he wins them well.

I would love to get him tied down to a longer contract, although Wrexham have expressed an interest, but then they have in Payne, McKirdy, Jojo and Reed as well if you read their forum.

They also seem to think they are going to sign Wayne Hennesey and the Brentford England U21 keeper Balcombe! deluded.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6264 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:41:46 »

I hope that we add some physicality to the squad

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6265 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:48:43 »

I have to be honest Williams irritated me for much of the season, I felt he spent more time on the floor than he really needed to. Towards the end of the season I think he started to hit some proper form and we saw something more like the International footballer he is. If we can keep him next season I think he can kick on. Again, this is all dependent on whether Jack Payne stays or goes, but if he does leave, I can see Williams excelling in the Jack Payne 'role'

Is the fact that he rarely lasts 90 mins down to fitness or tactics? In 44 games last season he only played 90 mins in 5 of them!
« Last Edit: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:58:20 by horlock07 » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #6266 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:50:59 »

I am sure we will offer new contracts to all those out of contract barring Idem and Conroy who will probably be released.

Lyden offered pay as you play terms or a 6 month deal.

Wether they accept terms or not is a different matter. I fully expect Jojo, Payne and possibly Reed and Williams receiving offers from bigger teams.

Jojo will be off which I would assume make Ward the number 1. With that said I would probably keep Idem as a back up as I'm not sure you'll bring anyone in to sit on the bench. That's how I see things anyway.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6267 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:53:10 »

Jojo will be off which I would assume make Ward the number 1. With that said I would probably keep Idem as a back up as I'm not sure you'll bring anyone in to sit on the bench. That's how I see things anyway.

If we didn't have the playing style we do and instead had a flitcroft kinda style, Ward would be the perfect number 1,  I just worry about his ability with ball at feet and kicking from open play, its never been great.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6268 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 10:56:24 »

If we didn't have the playing style we do and instead had a flitcroft kinda style, Ward would be the perfect number 1,  I just worry about his ability with ball at feet and kicking from open play, its never been great.

Its not ideal, but hopefully it will improve when he is not behind defenders giving him hospital passes on his wrong foot.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6269 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 11:03:07 »

I'm inclined to agree although I mentioned before that it does look like he has been working on his kicking as it was atrocious at the start of the season and I think it has improved. As Horlock says, our centre backs need to remember not to give him hospital passes as he isn't as good with the ball at feet like Jojo was.

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: