Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611693 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5640 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 15:35:24 »

Kesley posted a pic of him in england kit with a smiling emoji the other day
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5641 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 19:52:54 »

So far Jonny Williams, Jojo and Anthony Grant have been called up by Wales, Ghana and Jamaica respectively. Gilbert is not in the Ireland Under 21s squad but Crawley's Will Ferry is. (good news for us I guess) Can't find out information about KKH but assume he'll be in the England Under 20 squad.

Club are selling tickets for Crawley so assuming it is going ahead.

If it was called off all they would say is tickets valid for rearranged, ticket office are not going to not sell tickets just in case it is called off as it might not be.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5642 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 09:04:53 »

If it was called off all they would say is tickets valid for rearranged, ticket office are not going to not sell tickets just in case it is called off as it might not be.

If you say so. Irrelevant now anyway as the club (Garner in his press conference) have confirmed the Crawley game is going ahead.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5643 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 09:30:53 »

Wollacott starts for Ghana vs Ethiopia.

Not a chance we are keeping him, post end of season imo
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5644 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 09:46:28 »

Wollacott starts for Ghana vs Ethiopia.

Not a chance we are keeping him, post end of season imo

I’m not so sure.

He’s a 25 year old keeper who up until this season sat on the bench(if that) for his whole career bar a few loans. I don’t think he will be desperate to jump ship, especially if we go up.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 09:48:49 by Quagmire » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #5645 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:04:46 »

African Cup of Nations throughout January, too, isn't it?  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5646 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:05:12 »

I’m not so sure.

He’s a 25 year old keeper who up until this season sat on the bench(if that) for his whole career bar a few loans. I don’t think he will be desperate to jump ship, especially if we go up.
If we don't win promotion then I feel there will be a host of clubs after him, hes has done well to earn a call up and seemingly claim the number 1 jersey now.

I understand he still lives in Bristol and has no desire to move what with us being local to him and doing well, lets hope we can tie him down to a longer contract ASAP.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5647 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:26:11 »

Are we able to tie anyone down to longer contracts as it stands with the loans etc, albeit I suppose we can sign up to pre-contract agreements or what not?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5648 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:32:35 »

Always so much more difficult for a keeper to establish himself when going higher up the food chain. He’d be back up at a Championship club. Is that what he’d want at this stage of his career?

He’s still young in keeper terms. Get promoted, do it in L1 and then look at your options.

These little cup runs - and the money generated - could be pivotal in retaining those on 1 year contracts. I’m sure when the debt figures were published last month the EFL was ‘only’  £175,000. Pay that off before January and tie them down to longer, better contracts.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5649 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:35:51 »

Always so much more difficult for a keeper to establish himself when going higher up the food chain. He’d be back up at a Championship club. Is that what he’d want at this stage of his career?

I think Foderingham made the same discovery, not looked is he getting games for Sheff Utd now they are back in the Championship and Ramsdale has gone?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5650 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:50:07 »

Slightly different for Foderingham though as he was without a club
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5651 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 11:18:31 »

I think Foderingham made the same discovery, not looked is he getting games for Sheff Utd now they are back in the Championship and Ramsdale has gone?

I don't think he is.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5652 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:14:58 »

He’s still young in keeper terms. Get promoted, do it in L1 and then look at your options.

These little cup runs - and the money generated - could be pivotal in retaining those on 1 year contracts. I’m sure when the debt figures were published last month the EFL was ‘only’  £175,000. Pay that off before January and tie them down to longer, better contracts.
By this you are presuming that he will go to a club in England.

On the international stage clubs abroad in such countries as Belgium, Holland, France and Germany are far less worried about signing young players for the first team and all those counties have several players from the African nations already so see it as less of a risk than English clubs do.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5653 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:42:46 »

By this you are presuming that he will go to a club in England.

On the international stage clubs abroad in such countries as Belgium, Holland, France and Germany are far less worried about signing young players for the first team and all those counties have several players from the African nations already so see it as less of a risk than English clubs do.

Key issue in that would be whether JJ ants to go abroad, whilst its become (thankfully) much more of a thing recently a lot of players (and people generally) baulk at the idea of different language/food etc.

I suppose another thing for a keeper is that if you are going up the ladder possibly as a no.2 are clubs going to want a no.2 who is fucking off every international break and for a month in the winter to the ACN.

Anyway hopefully a del can be done and he stays here!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5654 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 13:39:52 »

As mentioned above it could well be down to our ongoing embargo whether we can offer him a longer deal or not, I hope we can and that he signs, same with Ward who is a very adequate stand in.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: