Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611812 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5550 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 11:29:35 »

It's not about what i consider enough. I am just saying £10k isn't the drop in the ocean that many are saying it is. There seems to be this thought process among alot of fans that ah well Clem is loaded so fuck it. Commercial teams are working their bollocks off to secure sponsorship for a lot less than just £10k

I think that's football fans in general, I recall previously when there have been dubious debts of about £50k needing settling that many have suggested the owners just pay them off like its a drop in the ocean.

Although depends on the wealth of the individual, I remember spending bloody days trying to save one of my clients £100k  and after about a week his Trust Manager came back to me and said 'don't bother its probably about the same to him as £100 to you....'
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5551 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 12:35:00 »

It may depends who misses what games, and there is no confirmation of the call up so far who has been officially called up other than Williams for Wales so I suppose it is all so far dependant who gets called and when they have to attend international meet up.

Wont be good if we are missing 2 or 3 for several games.

I'm sure the manger may not have been happy about the amount of games Grant has missed with his call up and isolation, and we may have that issue with JoJo also, that is the downside of being a lower league team with international players.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5552 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 12:50:21 »

It may depends who misses what games, and there is no confirmation of the call up so far who has been officially called up other than Williams for Wales so I suppose it is all so far dependant who gets called and when they have to attend international meet up.

Wont be good if we are missing 2 or 3 for several games.

I'm sure the manger may not have been happy about the amount of games Grant has missed with his call up and isolation, and we may have that issue with JoJo also, that is the downside of being a lower league team with international players.

The upside being that we are playing well enough for players to be catching eyes elsewhere.

I do think Garner has rather created a rod for his own back by getting an unexpected raw but better than alright team together which has vastly inflated expectation very quickly and thus increased pressure.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5553 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 14:44:27 »

And a shit defeat could easily knock 500 off the next home gate and there goes your £10k so even commercially if we are missing 3 or 4 players it's a no brainer to call it off.
Like i said it's a no brainer to us
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #5554 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 14:45:45 »

It's not about what i consider enough. I am just saying £10k isn't the drop in the ocean that many are saying it is. There seems to be this thought process among alot of fans that ah well Clem is loaded so fuck it. Commercial teams are working their bollocks off to secure sponsorship for a lot less than just £10k

I'm not thinking like that at all - I'm an accountant.

I do not want Clem or anyone else to blow their fortune on us.   We need to be well run and sustainable and get there through hard work rather than charity.

I'll put it another way - and ignoring the ethics - if we were offered £10k (or c 0.2% of annual income) to play a weakened team in any game would it be tempting?   I'd say not even close.    It would be counterproductive in so many ways

There's a difference between maximising revenue through selling shirts and advertising space, and points for cash.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5555 on: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 22:09:20 »

Grant called up for Jamaica games vs Canada and Honduras

Neither on the red list
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5556 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 16:30:08 »

Great news!

Ghana and Zimbabwe taken off the red list!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #5557 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 16:45:12 »

Along with pretty much every other country
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5558 on: Thursday, October 7, 2021, 16:51:01 »

Yep. A few South American countries left on it.

At least it means JoJo should only miss the FGR league game.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #5559 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 13:42:34 »

Wollacott starts for Ghana
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5560 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:19:58 »

Wollacott starts for Ghana

In what otherwise looks like a first choice team - Partey, the Ayew brothers, Amartey and so on. Figured he'd been called up to be cover, so great news for him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5561 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:21:33 »

In what otherwise looks like a first choice team - Partey, the Ayew brothers, Amartey and so on. Figured he'd been called up to be cover, so great news for him.
I hope he does himself proud and plays a blinder as Ward did today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5562 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:25:07 »

It’s a World Cup qualifier so you would expect it to be a full strength team so he’s gone straight in as number 1 by the look of it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5563 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:26:41 »

Some decent players in that line up too.

Jojo Wollacott (GK), Daniel Amartey, Jonathan Mensah, Alexander Djiku, Baba Rahman, Thomas Partey, Andre Ayew (c), Mohammed Kudus, Issahaku Fatawu, Kamaldeen Sulemana and Jordan Ayew

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5564 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 14:38:44 »

Some decent players in that line up too.

Jojo Wollacott (GK), Daniel Amartey, Jonathan Mensah, Alexander Djiku, Baba Rahman, Thomas Partey, Andre Ayew (c), Mohammed Kudus, Issahaku Fatawu, Kamaldeen Sulemana and Jordan Ayew
The funny thing is that a lot of there fans don’t think he should be playing as he plays in league 2. Think some need to learn about the English pyramid. League 2 will be miles ahead of the Ghanaian league where their other keeper plays.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: