Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1626364 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4425 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 19:29:12 »

Did he say Grant/Doyle/Rose will only be offered contracts depending on wage cap?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4426 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 20:29:09 »

Did he say Grant/Doyle/Rose will only be offered contracts depending on wage cap?
Pretty much. There is also apparently some possibility of having to have x number of players under the age of 21 in the squad as well, so that might also impact who can be offered deals. That's from the BBC Wilts interview today btw.

You'd have to assume that if there is a wage cap (and probably even if there isn't), no-one in L1 or L2 is going to be able to offer Doyle and Grant what they're on now, so it may be a case that if they're not going to get the money they'd like they may as well be on less money here where they at least know they like it and suit the style of football as be on worse money at (e.g.) Bradford
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4427 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 20:31:29 »

Cheers, ill have a listen to it tomorrow.

Someone on twitter also said that Woolery’s agent is a director at Tranmere or something
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4428 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 20:36:24 »

Someone on twitter also said that Woolery’s agent is a director at Tranmere or something
CEO according to Wellens IIRC. Not checked to see who that is
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4429 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 20:44:18 »

Pretty much. There is also apparently some possibility of having to have x number of players under the age of 21 in the squad as well, so that might also impact who can be offered deals. That's from the BBC Wilts interview today btw.

You'd have to assume that if there is a wage cap (and probably even if there isn't), no-one in L1 or L2 is going to be able to offer Doyle and Grant what they're on now, so it may be a case that if they're not going to get the money they'd like they may as well be on less money here where they at least know they like it and suit the style of football as be on worse money at (e.g.) Bradford

How would a wage cap work with players under contract as you can imagine the likes Sunderland & Ipswich would have some big earners or would the cap be based on the squad rather than individuals

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #4430 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 20:47:46 »

Wait surely that's a Standing like conflict?
Flashheart

« Reply #4431 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 21:11:43 »

I thought the same.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4432 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 02:05:50 »

Any wage cap would be phased in over a year so clubs that are way over already have time to adjust. I think Sunderland’s is something like £15m so God knows how they’ll trim that - Grigg will be seeing out his contract for sure now!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4433 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 02:22:11 »

I thought similar RE: Woolery agent comment  Hmmm

Also, was surprised to see Ralph Graham let go. I was certain Wellens said he thought he had something about him. I swear he made it onto the bench a few times iirc?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4434 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 07:20:09 »

Looking at the Tranmere website they seem to have a series of "Associate Directors" so maybe it's one of them? i.e. assuming an Associate Director doesn't operate as a normal director but just in some kind of advisory capacity, that might not present the same conflict of interest if there isn't the same element of control/financial benefit. And they don't seem to have a CEO as such so looks like I must have misheard that

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/club/tranmere-rovers-staff-directory/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4435 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 07:47:06 »

This is what I don’t understand. If Standing/Barry have no legal or official role in STFC and are just some random blokes who decided to throw a whole heap of dosh at Power who is in contravention of anything.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4436 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 08:12:04 »

I wonder if Sherwood was a silent investor whilst still at Spurs

So, give no fucks
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #4437 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 08:15:06 »

This is what I don’t understand. If Standing/Barry have no legal or official role in STFC and are just some random blokes who decided to throw a whole heap of dosh at Power who is in contravention of anything.

I guess it'll be down to the application (or not) of the rule about "interest" in more than one club.  Here's Rule 105.  Enjoy!

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4438 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 08:26:12 »

I guess it'll be down to the application (or not) of the rule about "interest" in more than one club.  Here's Rule 105.  Enjoy!

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/

You could have highlighted the relevant points Crying

So, give no fucks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4439 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 08:42:33 »

You could have highlighted the relevant points Crying

There's a lot in there..... my fave is this.

118.1 Clubs shall hold at least two meetings/fans forums per Season to which its supporters (or representatives) are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the Club. The framework for these meetings shall be documented in the Club’s customer charter, but are subject to the following minimum criteria:

118.1.1 Clubs must be represented by the Club’s majority owner, board director(s) or other senior executive(s);

118.1.2 where meetings are not open to all supporters wishing to attend, the supporter representatives must be elected, selected or invited in line with basic democratic principles; and

118.1.3 individuals cannot be excluded by the Club without good reason (the Club acting reasonably).

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: