Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625996 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: Friday, December 16, 2016, 22:12:05 »

I reckon that Brophy is suffering from panic attacks.  They can present like heart problems but the club has confirmed that that the heart monitor has picked up no issue.  I have a feeling that he won't be a professional footballer for much longer.  I hope I'm wrong because he has shown signs of being a handy player.

Interesting theory. If he's been checked over that thoroughly though then panic attacks would be a pretty standard and easy diagnosis - I feel it would have been made by now. Just ask anyone who's worked in A&E!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 11:34:39 »

I reckon that Brophy is suffering from panic attacks.  They can present like heart problems but the club has confirmed that that the heart monitor has picked up no issue.  I have a feeling that he won't be a professional footballer for much longer.  I hope I'm wrong because he has shown signs of being a handy player.

I think it would more likely that he suffers from Anxiety but that's not a bad shout.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 15:48:38 »

Here we go again. No Obika, Doughty or Kasim tomorrow.
One out of three - not too bad!
Flashheart

« Reply #2613 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 11:57:06 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14975923.Williams_praises_impact_of_returning_Hylton/#comments-anchor

"Striker Obika will also continue to be monitored by the Swindon staff, although it is impossible at this stage to predict whether he will be fit to return to the side against Millwall on Boxing Day.

Williams said: “It’s too soon. One thing seems to lead to another with Jon at the moment so there is no point talking about time with him at the moment.”

Is it me, or does that sound like a bit of a dig?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:37:07 »

sounds like a dig to me as well
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:39:34 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14975923.Williams_praises_impact_of_returning_Hylton/#comments-anchor

"Striker Obika will also continue to be monitored by the Swindon staff, although it is impossible at this stage to predict whether he will be fit to return to the side against Millwall on Boxing Day.

Williams said: “It’s too soon. One thing seems to lead to another with Jon at the moment so there is no point talking about time with him at the moment.”

Is it me, or does that sound like a bit of a dig?

Me and my dad had a chat about this yesterday and we may be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 but we agreed there is a chance Jon has had enough and wants to move to another club and is no longer dedicated to playing for us. The recent interview with LW where he said Obika hurt his neck heading a ball and was then seen on crutches suggests that he is making himself unavailable for selection.

Or he could genuinely be injured of course but I reckon he'll be moving on in January, perhaps we've had an offer and he doesn't want to get injured before signing for his new team.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2616 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:42:55 »

Yep.

A trapped nerve in the neck wouldn't have bothered Bert Trautmann!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #2617 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:49:23 »

Shame if he is getting stroppy, he never struck me as the type.

It's all speculation though of course.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:51:18 »

Alternatively his agent has told him there is interest in signing him in January and he is trying to stay fit by protecting his body
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2619 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:51:21 »

Shame if he is getting stroppy, he never struck me as the type.

It's all speculation though of course.

As is about 95% of what goes on at STFC at the moment.

Did Power recently come out and said we are looking to sign 5 or 6 players in the Transfer window?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:52:11 »

As is about 95% of what goes on at STFC at the moment.

Did Power recently come out and said we are looking to sign 5 or 6 players in the Transfer window?

Don't think he has put a number on it, he has said there will be in's and out's
Flashheart

« Reply #2621 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:54:14 »

He's actually said there's no plans for any outs, it's ins that are priority. (although, every player has their price blah blah)
Flashheart

« Reply #2622 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:56:48 »

"We need to (move up the table) sooner rather than later", he began.

"We can't wait for the (transfer) window to open, obviously we need some new players in - that's evident. Obviously we just want to get the window open and try and do some business as quick as we can.

"We are underperforming and underachieving so we need to turn that around and get players fit.

"We haven't had the spine of the team throughout the season but we can't make excuses about it we just haven't been good enough - that's why we're 19th."

Since his arrival as chairman in 2013, Power has often been the subject of fan backlash for not spending enough on players, despite this summer spending £550,000 on Lawrence Vigouroux and Luke Norris combined as well as bringing in Johnny Goddard from Woking for an undisclosed fee.

"It's not just about the money," he said.

"Obviously that is important because you can only spend what you've got in the budget.

"Things get made about our budget but our budget this year is in the top half of this league."

The other worry is that Swindon have a number of key players - most notably club captain Nathan Thompson, Jon Obika and Yaser Kasim - being out-of-contract this summer who may leave on free transfers if they are not sold for a fee next month.

"If I'm honest we've just looked at people to bring in not the other way"

"If there are offers for (the out-of-contract players) then we'll have to look at it but we won't do that unless we've got replacements ready. We'll see what happens in the window but our focus is getting players in."
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:57:14 »

Just found the articles. It does sound like we are looking to recruit heavily in the window. Good news, lets see if it pans out.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2624 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 13:03:43 »

He's actually said there's no plans for any outs, it's ins that are priority. (although, every player has their price blah blah)
On Saturday pre game LP said some players would be moved on but the priority was ins rather than outs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: