Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611732 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:13:44 »

Wes has just posted his thanks and goodbye via twitter (its a pic). Good luck to him.

One thing that does look good is that the keepers do seem to have a bot of love for Steve Hale which also seems to suggest he is doing a good job as Belford (C) also quite positive about him!

I think that Aaron Moody also said that Hale helped him grow as a man, but that may be another thing entirely!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:17:27 »

One thing that does look good is that the keepers do seem to have a bot of love for Steve Hale which also seems to suggest he is doing a good job as Belford (C) also quite positive about him!

Guess they've had enough keeper coaches to know a good one.

I think that Aaron Moody also said that Hale helped him grow as a man, but that may be another thing entirely!

Clap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:21:38 »

Totally forgot we had a general manager, not that talking to the press is necessarily his job.
No, but the discussion was about who should have notified the players they were being released, or instructed a minion to do so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:32:36 »

I meant generally, not heard from him about anything hence forgetting he existed.
Flashheart

« Reply #1579 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:51:12 »

Looks like Barthram's deleted his twitter account,
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:01:16 »

What a nice little meltdown that was.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:08:33 »

I'm sure I heard all players were informed last week but the list wouldn't released to the public straight away
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:52:41 »

I thought someone had posted here that Barthram had already said he want going to stay and had something else lined up.

If that was the case surely he wouldn't be surprised not to be offered a new contract.

FWIW I thought he was ok, and had some potential, but as others have said the fact that we preferred to play other people out of position rather than him suggests that Cooper didn't really rate him
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 13:12:51 »

Looks like Barthram's deleted his twitter account,

New one is @JPB_1993  Wink
Apparently was getting some abuse tho fuck knows what for

Edit
Though even that isnt safe 

« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2015, 13:17:22 by @mwooly63 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1584 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 13:14:30 »

I thought someone had posted here that Barthram had already said he want going to stay and had something else lined up.

If that was the case surely he wouldn't be surprised not to be offered a new contract.

FWIW I thought he was ok, and had some potential, but as others have said the fact that we preferred to play other people out of position rather than him suggests that Cooper didn't really rate him
Exeter have offered him a contract after his trial but aren't bothering with Barker after they both went there for a few days.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 13:43:11 »

New one is @JPB_1993  Wink
Apparently was getting some abuse tho fuck knows what for

Edit
Though even that isnt safe 

No need. The have the right to be aggravated. Not for the fact that they've been let go, but because they had to find out via the public announcement. That's not very professional.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 14:01:04 »

If they genuinely did found out via the list being published by the press, that is very poor.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 14:12:11 »

No need. The have the right to be aggravated. Not for the fact that they've been let go, but because they had to find out via the public announcement. That's not very professional.

I love the way that whatever happens in life, posters on here will immediately accept anything negative written about the club. We have no idea what the actual process was (although I am sure it was confirmed that the players were told a few weeks back so not sure how this has come 'via the media') apart from posts made by two embittered ex employees who may now struggle to find employment (for which I do genuinely feel sympathy for them).
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 14:22:23 »

If they genuinely did found out via the list being published by the press, that is very poor.
I am convinced that it was said that the players who were leaving had been told about three weeks ago, no announcements whilst we were still chasing promotion - why it was delayed for a week after Wembley i have no idea.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 14:59:24 »

Maybe a bit of both - players had been told informally but were expecting a formal "Thank you and fuck off" letter/call/email/pigeon post before the official announcement, club thought they'd already informed them so just went ahead with announcement? (I have no actual knowledge, just a possible suggestion as to how these kinds of misunderstandings happen)

Either way, storm in a teacup, hope the released players find a new club quickly so they can get on with their careers.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: