Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611465 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1350 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 10:49:50 »

This little gem springs to mind:

Mass said above;

''The worst-case scenario is that I stay at Swindon''. That is DEEPLY insulting to us.

The 400K deal always sounded very dodgy and guess what? IT IS!

He has just been away for a month anyway, an absence which it now seems we were foolish to support and we have very clearly been used by both the player and his leech of an agent.

If the player does not want to play for us, he should just leave on good terms, but sooner rather than later.

Please do not catch your bum on the door on your way out Mass, is what MR Power should be saying.

A player who is thinking of leaving is simply not fit to wear a Swindon Town shirt!!

Fucking hell indeed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:09:07 »

''The worst-case scenario is that I stay at Swindon''

To be honest that is a bit of a dumb ass thing to say. Yes we know he's off at the end of the year, but we don't need to be told it like that!
---
Thing is, its likely a fair few will be off. Even if we do go up. That's our wage structure. Deal with it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:11:08 »

There has been some wonderful hyperbolic knee-jerking across the Swindon Town Social Networks right now. However, surely there's an argument that the club could very well be 'dancing on a volcano' so to speak.

We've got a great squad right now but it's more than plausible that 2015-16 doesn't start with...

Wes Foderingham
Ty Belford

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Byrne
Jack Barthram
Darren Ward
Jack Stephens
Jordan Turnbull
Harry Toffolo

Mass Luongo
Yaser Kasim
Anton Rodgers
John Swift
Louis Thompson
Matty Jones

Andy Williams 
Connor Waldon
George Barker
Miles Storey

I've included loan players in that list because we've been discussing some of them staying on and I know that there are some players on that list who we would hardly mourn the loss of (I didn't even include Agombar and Josue) but it has to be said that this could be a pretty high turnover of playing staff, even for this level. Power has enjoyed decent success with the transfer market so far but that is a lot of work in the Summer if we are unable to retain our players.

In Conclusion: Please get promoted.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:13:01 »

To be honest that is a bit of a dumb ass thing to say. Yes we know he's off at the end of the year, but we don't need to be told it like that!
---
Thing is, its likely a fair few will be off. Even if we do go up. That's our wage structure. Deal with it.

TBF he did qualify it with "and that’s not a bad worst-case scenario, especially if I continue to be involved with the national team."

But yes, the wording probably was a tad tactless. It's no surprise that players will be off - we're where we are because a few of our players are too good for this league. Some of the comments on the Adver are OTT in response.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #1354 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:17:14 »

I think he's just worded it poorly. Footballers aren't generally known to be the most articulate of people.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:23:18 »

This little gem springs to mind:

Fucking hell indeed.

Hilarious, the morons will really inherit the earth as predicted..
Barry Scott

« Reply #1356 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:33:12 »

Doesn't seem that bad to me. I read it as him saying, the world is his oyster and we're merely the least great option, in a great set of options. It doesn't seem negative at all, especially in context.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 11:53:26 »

Haha, fucking idiots. Why would Luongo's dream (or any other footballer's come to that) be to play in the 3rd, or 2nd, tier of English football with a provincial club that he has no real tie to? As long as players are committed whilst they're with us can anyone really begrudge them a chance to progress?

It's All Good..............
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1358 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 12:23:45 »

Worst case scenario is that he stays with a club where he is an established starter in one of the best midfields outside the premier league. Hardly a terrible scenario.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 12:49:23 »

TBF he did qualify it with "and that’s not a bad worst-case scenario, especially if I continue to be involved with the national team."

Aaah, I missed that.

I think he's just worded it poorly. Footballers aren't generally known to be the most articulate of people.

Very true. I sincerely hope the football fan equivalent aren't dumb enough to give him a hard time.

Sometimes you have to accept a player will outgrow the club/is too good and appreciate it while it lasts. I just about put Luongo into that category (on ability, clearly on reputation he is), and he isn't going to get worse.
kerry red

« Reply #1360 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 13:37:01 »

I never thought for a minute he would be still here next season.

I was expecting a few quid instead, though - which might still be the case, of course
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 13:41:49 »

We have a lot of mongs, if luongo misses a chance someone will say something about lack of commitment etc. Ridiculous considering he's far too good for L1 and we are lucky to have him
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 12:28:05 »

Try Belfords older brother Cameron on trial with the club
Another keeper

Wonder if that's a long term look at replacing Wes, with Ty stepping into number 1 slot.
Odd move otherwise as managed all season with just the 2 keepers
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 12:53:59 »

Favour for a mate wont it be, coopers best mates with belfords dad isnt he?
Flashheart

« Reply #1364 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 12:59:36 »

Perhaps, maybe, we're trialling a player because we're a football club and trialing players is something that football clubs do?

Just a thought like!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: