Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611670 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1215 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:00:11 »

If teams want a 'play him or else will recall him' clause in untested players loan contracts they can fuck off.

The biggest loss here isn't the player, but our ability to call off games in international weekends.

Smith may be great one day, if he can learn to cross,  but he's not an automatic pick and not should he be. That's the point of competition for places.

Time for barthram to prove himself.

Now watch us find out smith is injured Smiley
JayBox325

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1216 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:07:40 »

If teams want a 'play him or else will recall him' clause in untested players loan contracts they can fuck off.

The biggest loss here isn't the player, but our ability to call off games in international weekends.

Smith may be great one day, if he can learn to cross,  but he's not an automatic pick and not should he be. That's the point of competition for places.

Time for barthram to prove himself.

Well said ^

Barthram has shown some moments of brilliance in the past, so we should give him a runout. My formation for Rochdale would be:

Up front: Williams, Obika
Bell, L. Thompson, Luongo, Gladwin
Kasim
Turnbull, Stephens, Byrne

Louis seemed to slot in at right-back temporarily against Yeovil and seemed to hold his own. But the main question is would you be happy to drop Byrne back into his old Left back position or putting Barthram in that position?

But with Byrne that far back, Gladwin & Yaser would have to be very aware of filling in that position when Byrne goes up.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:08:34 »

Smith was muck when I watched him. I haven't seen this Bell guy but he sounds better overall.

As Batch says he was key to international call offs which is a bummer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #1218 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:13:21 »

We still have Reeves, Gladwin and Rodgers to step up. While we may not be as strong as we otherwise would be, we're not exactly left with a poor midfield.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:15:51 »

We still have Reeves, Gladwin and Rodgers to step up. While we may not be as strong as we otherwise would be, we're not exactly left with a poor midfield.

They look good. But still relatively untested. Reeves looks really good, Gladwin on his day could be the first name on the teamsheet...

It's just we're going to have to drop them all into the squad at the same time. I'd be happy if it was just one midfielder to be replaced, but both our strongest midfielders is what's making me nervous.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1220 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:22:58 »

I prefer to get on with it...chance for these lads to step up and claim a place.  In the long run don't think postponements do you any good....we've had more than enough already.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1221 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:26:48 »

Is this the time we go back to Derby

"Hey, you know that Lelan guy... we've sent him back to you twice cause we don't think he's all that. Can we have him back for a bit please."

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1222 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:30:33 »

Gladwin can fill in on the left, as proved against Yeovil at the weekend. Byrne can play there but he's much better marauding down the right. Could even play Gladwin in Nathan's role actually, he's a unit and can pick a pass pretty bloody well. Mind you, sticking someone that young and with that little first team experience in that position might end in disaster.

Losing Mass and Yas at the same time could completely scupper our season. They're the hinge of the team. Reeves is good, Gladwin's good, haven't seen much/anything of Rogers personally, but as others have said, if we're having to stick practically untested players into the first team because of injury and internationals it's hardly great. Especially over winter, which is probably going to be the toughest part of the season with our style of play.

Time for the yoof to step up!
kerry red

« Reply #1223 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:16:50 »

We were always going to lose Yas and Mass for the whole of January anyway.

Neither have, IMO, been at the top of their game lately.

Wouldn't bother me overly to go with Gladwin and Reeves against City
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1224 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:22:46 »

I like this. You do make a good point. But my main issue with losing them is that Massimo and Byrne link up like they're sharing the same brain and Yaser just has a presence in midfield that adds a lot regardless of his performance. But saying that, I remember a few times in the Yeovil game he lost the ball in bad places... not to mention at the end he was clear for a shot but decided to do skill and got himself in a non-shooting position.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:27:26 »

if Massimo and Kasim start, we have Reeves and Gladwin on the bench as impact subs.

If Reeves and Gladwin start, we have Rogers and Marshall. Wouldn't fancy much impact off the bench from them.
kerry red

« Reply #1226 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:32:35 »

Yas and Mass haven't ever been subbed this season as far as I can recall
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1227 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:33:30 »

Hopefully Louis will break into the Welsh squad soon so we'll have our 3rd international back!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1228 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:37:44 »

Yas and Mass haven't ever been subbed this season as far as I can recall
Pretty sure mas has but not yas ....
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1229 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:41:59 »

Going into a game against a side who are top the league and unbeaten without 2 key players is a bit shit, I've no doubt Reeves and Gladwin could do a job, but they're not quite Kasim and Luongo are they?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: