Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611560 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:21:07 »

Snith is shite but he chips in with a few. He is one of them annoying players to watch.
True, but what is more annoying is town fans booing him / getting on his back throughout the match
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:29:39 »

So did anyone else hear the quote from Coopers dad which was "I think, next year they will have the lowest budget in the league".

Just putting it out there. Maybe that's the reality of self sufficiency. Or incorrect. Who knows.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:42:21 »

So did anyone else hear the quote from Coopers dad which was "I think, next year they will have the lowest budget in the league".

Just putting it out there. Maybe that's the reality of self sufficiency. Or incorrect. Who knows.

Sounds about right at 1.5 mill. Similar to the sort of budget that the Scum have.
Flashheart

« Reply #888 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:44:38 »

1.5 mil is nowhere near the lowest. Not even close, probably better than average. I'm quite sure that the likes of Franchise will be operating on something similar.

I have looked into it.
Flashheart

« Reply #889 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:46:16 »

Sounds about right at 1.5 mill. Similar to the sort of budget that the Scum have.

And they are racking up huge debts.
Flashheart

« Reply #890 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:23:55 »

I have had a dig around for some up-to-date figures but it's not easy to find anything meaningful. I will downgrade my opinion from 'better than average' to 'average' though.

It can all be somewhat ambiguous because when clubs mention their wage bill, it often includes their non-footballing staff plus coaches. I found one for Shrewsbury that included over 100 staff members, they threw stewards and what-not into the pot as well

I understand it from a Lee Power interview that the 1.5m stated is for playing staff, which I take to mean players' salaries plus coaches and non-footballing staff on top.

One thing that I will say is that considering we are one of the better supported clubs in the league, and with higher prices than most, if we do have the lowest budget then people* should be asking why......

*'people' meaning the trust.

It's not all about the budget though. Yeovil went up last season on 800k and when we went down under Wilson we had a budget of over 4M.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:32:45 »

£1.5m probably won't be too far off what we paying the playing staff who actually played this season I suspect. Get Navarro, Williams, Benno and Troy's current contract off the books and that should save a pretty hefty sum I would suspect.

This is obviously a total (but I like to think educated by common sense) guess.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:34:52 by Paolo69 » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:38:34 »

One thing that I will say is that considering we are one of the better supported clubs in the league, and with higher prices than most, if we do have the lowest budget then people* should be asking why......

*'people' meaning the trust.

My guess is that achieving a level of 'sustainability' or 'self-sufficiency' in a relatively short timeframe requires drastic measures, combining a massive reduction in budget AND high ticket prices. It also seems to be a model that won't bank on generating significant regular income through transfer fees. We've been fortunate that a team like the Slave Traders were willing to part with lots of cash for Flint, and Wes may earn the club an ok wedge if he goes in the summer, but a policy of using the maximum number of long-term loans reduces the likelihood of having saleable assets on show.
Flashheart

« Reply #893 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:47:52 »

My guess is that achieving a level of 'sustainability' or 'self-sufficiency' in a relatively short timeframe requires drastic measures, combining a massive reduction in budget AND high ticket prices. It also seems to be a model that won't bank on generating significant regular income through transfer fees. We've been fortunate that a team like the Slave Traders were willing to part with lots of cash for Flint, and Wes may earn the club an ok wedge if he goes in the summer, but a policy of using the maximum number of long-term loans reduces the likelihood of having saleable assets on show.

We've had high ticket prices for some time now.

And let's not forget that we have paid money for Luongo, M Smith, Byrne and a couple of others this season which is more than most in the league are able to do. Some may argue whether or not they represent good investment but it can't be said that the Power isn't willing to spend a bit. Not a lot, granted, but a bit at least.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 20:57:58 »

We've had high ticket prices for some time now.

And let's not forget that we have paid money for Luongo, M Smith, Byrne and a couple of others this season which is more than most in the league are able to do. Some may argue whether or not they represent good investment but it can't be said that the Power isn't willing to spend a bit. Not a lot, granted, but a bit at least.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see if any significant transfer fees are paid out this summer. I suppose it is likely to depend on whether transfer fees come in, and whether the ownership stuff is sorted out and we're not left with a leech running things.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 13:27:29 »

SECOND-YEAR Scholars Curtis Da Costa and Matty Jones will be offered professional contracts at Swindon Town.
Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/ytscontractsdecided-1510211.aspx#CkIsxGqfQhy3aZbr.99

Expect them to be out on loan all season as this years have mostly been
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #896 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:04:15 »

Do we know anything about these kids? Where are they from?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:08:46 »

I thought from reading the adver this morning contracts etc weren't going to be sorted out until the battle of the boardroom was sorted?!  Hmmm

#VivaKenBarlow!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:10:15 »

Do we know anything about these kids? Where are they from?

Isnt Mat Jones the son of Tom Jones, former town legend
Have no idea on de Costa

Seems club statement may have been how other YTS found out they werent being kept

Salvyn Kisitu ‏@Kisitu_6  15m
Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy to be treated so unprofessionally like that but believe everything happens for a reason

EDIT

According to FLIC wiltshire

Both players are defenders, with Jones, known for his prowess at dead ball situations, a left back whilst Da Costa is a centre back.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:25:43 by @mwooly63 » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #899 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 14:50:15 »

Nice, cheers wooly
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: