Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611464 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:46:47 »

If his coaches are to be believed, Mason has the talent and dedication to be playing regularly at a high level in any league in the world. But his injury history and lack of playing time during crucial development years appear to have set him back to a worrying degree. At 22 he's one of the wise old heads of the Spurs youth setup, and he isn't getting any younger. Swindon are rumored to have expressed interest in taking him on loan, but another stint in League One is definitely not what he needs at his age.

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/6/13/4426860/tottenham-hotspur-prospect-rankings-ryan-mason

Very similar to Timlin(albeit with Fulham) when he came here ...the pedigree is there lets hope he has the luck and drive.

Incidently i wonder if poor Timlin is out of nick now Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:48:25 »

Twitter, and facebook.

Swindon Town FC @Official_STFC
Town have signed midfielder Ryan Mason on a season-long loan from Tottenham Hotspur #STFC
Reply Retweet Favorite
More options Details

Danke.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:48:39 »

I see Morshead and Lyus have moaned about the lack of a press release!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:48:51 »

An attacking midfield/playmaker then. Certainly seem to shaping up to play a continental 1 upfront (Williams?) next year with Mason behind. Doubt Collins will be replaced with another striker.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:53:39 »

Fods

Byrne Hall Ward N.Thompson

Tijane Smith Pritchard Luongo

Mason Williams ?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:56:13 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:53:59 »

Depends who is in charge i guess!

Looks like it will be the 433 we played against Spurs with Pritchard/Williams/Reis the front 3 at the moment. Think we need a goalscorer in there instead of Williams to make that work, Church maybe?

Then the three in midfield as Luongo/ANO/Mason, think we need a holding player in there, its probably thompson at the moment but hopefully somebody like Hollands instead.

In fact if we got Hollands and Church i'd be quite happy with how that eleven is looking

china red

« Reply #651 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:55:10 »

If Mason can stay injury free and get some games he could prove to be a great signing. 

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:58:24 »

Looks like it will be the 433 we played against Spurs with Pritchard/Williams/Reis the front 3 at the moment. Think we need a goalscorer in there instead of Williams to make that work, Church maybe?

Then the three in midfield as Luongo/ANO/Mason, think we need a holding player in there, its probably thompson at the moment but hopefully somebody like Hollands instead.

In fact if we got Hollands and Church i'd be quite happy with how that eleven is looking

I suspect if all goes to play, we should be getting more goals from midfield with this team. Mason, Pritchard and Luongo should all chip in and I doubt we'll have a 20 goal striker this season.

I quite like the look of the first 11 we can field. Much of it depends on the Spurs lads of course but I'm pretty content with what we have. Lack of experience is still a worry.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 14:58:36 »

I'd of thought they'd appoint someone to play the chosen formation. No point signing Mason if we aren't going to incorporate a playmaker into the system.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:01:51 »

I'd of thought they'd appoint someone to play the chosen formation. No point signing Mason if we aren't going to incorporate a playmaker into the system.

Agreed, i think the 433 or 4231 is the way to go. Mason fits as the attacking player in the 3 man mid or the one in the middle of the 3 behind one forward. Either way though you need another physical holding player. Luongo was doing it against Spurs, but we need another experienced head with him. Hollands would fit perfectly.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:02:30 »

Playing Devil's Advocate, I wonder if Spurs will dictate our formation, to bring the best out of their young players?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:07:38 »

Agreed, i think the 433 or 4231 is the way to go. Mason fits as the attacking player in the 3 man mid or the one in the middle of the 3 behind one forward. Either way though you need another physical holding player. Luongo was doing it against Spurs, but we need another experienced head with him. Hollands would fit perfectly.

Indeed, 4231 is what it seems to be.

I know some people have reservations about playing 1 upfront, but Swansea have shown how successful it can be if you focus on keeping the ball and denying opposition goal scoring chances.

I worry about our lack of height as we look a little vulnerable from set pieces as things stand. 
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:11:54 »

Playing Devil's Advocate, I wonder if Spurs will dictate our formation, to bring the best out of their young players?

One of the Spurs fans on here said something similar. Was a rumour that the Spurs/Swindon thing stipulates us playing the same way. Would make perfect sense from a Spurs point of view.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #658 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:12:41 »

Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 15:19:56 »

Foderingham      

N.Thompson   Ward   Hall   Byrne

Luongo   Smith   

Pritchard   Mason      Tijane

Williams      

Story         
L Thompson         
Francis         
TAH