Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611828 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:32:06 »

I dont know what people expect. Ronaldo, Messi?

Don't forget Cavani, now that Man City have refused to cough up the £54m this paves the way for our bid Wink
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:32:14 »

So one more down at least a further 4  to go.....Roberts is a bit of a bonus, as couldn't see anyone taking him on his wages. The concern now though is that the 4 or 5 who we've got left that we might want to keep, will be seeking a move if possible, as they'll not want to play in a side stripped of its main players.
I don't have a problem with this. To be fair, its not much different to when we were relegated to L2. Wholesale changes to personnel who were allegedly inferior. Didn't do too bad in the end. Maybe something similar will happen this year? As long as were are competitive and play some decent, attacking football I think that most will be happy.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:51:14 »

I thought Luongo was superb in most if not all of his games here during his loan, better than Ferry during the same period (yes I know he was shifted out to the right) - I for one would be more than happy if we manage to sign players of similar quality this summer.

Delighted with Foderingham signing on, same with Thompson. Fair play to the board for getting those sorted. So long as we aren't relegation fodder then I'm more then happy with the sustainable strategy, at least until the club finds it's feet again.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:58:19 »

Really suprised some bigger clubs aint knocking on the Luongo door...quality player i reckon.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:08:00 »

Really suprised some bigger clubs aint knocking on the Luongo door...quality player i reckon.

It's been said countless times, but that PO semi final goal was sublime! One of those goals that brings a smile to the face (even when ignoring the circumstances).

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:12:06 »

Has it been stated somewhere that we're after Luongo or are we just assuming? (Genuine question, I have no idea!)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:15:04 »

Regarding Luongo, it's all about potential really.

Does he have the potential to improve and therefore become an asset in the future.

For me the answer is Yes, although there is no guarantee he will turn into a good player.

For all that we loved Ferry, McCormack, Flint and Devera have all been snapped up before him. That in itself must tell you something, especially as he is now a free agent.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:17:20 »

We are after him but he was at Ipswich and did ok so he may have his sights set a bit higher.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #593 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:22:58 »

I thought Luongo was average, but yeah he is young so can only get better.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 19:25:32 »

We are after him but he was at Ipswich and did ok so he may have his sights set a bit higher.

Oh ok.

He certainly has the attributes to go on and become a very good player. Can score, pick a pass and loves to put his foot in.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:06:45 »

I suggest maybe you try and get a refund on your season ticket then.The club are going down the young player route,not everyones cup of tea but one maybe the fans have to get used to

Why make a pathetic dig like that?  Ffs I've barely posted on here in recent weeks and as soon as I do I get pounced on even though there are plenty of others who've made similar comments.

I don't have a problem with young players, but didn't think Byrne or Luongo were that good.  My personal opinion that differs from other peoples and may well be wrong.

At the moment I feel extremely indifferent and unexcited about next season, which isn't a particularly nice feeling to have.  Normally I can't wait.  However, I'm sure that when we start to see a few incoming players and as the first game approaches, I'll start to feel excited.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:11:09 »

Young, hungry players aligned with a manager whose status in the game has largely been made by bringing through the youth, sounds pretty exciting to me.
Obviously we need experience too, but I'd rather 80% young players than 80% old pros that have been round the block a few times.
Anyway, that's the way the club's going, whether people like it or not.
completely agree.

A team of experienced pros got us relegated in 2010/2011
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:18:46 »

Why make a pathetic dig like that?  Ffs I've barely posted on here in recent weeks and as soon as I do I get pounced on even though there are plenty of others who've made similar comments.

I don't have a problem with young players, but didn't think Byrne or Luongo were that good.  My personal opinion that differs from other peoples and may well be wrong.

At the moment I feel extremely indifferent and unexcited about next season, which isn't a particularly nice feeling to have.  Normally I can't wait.  However, I'm sure that when we start to see a few incoming players and as the first game approaches, I'll start to feel excited.

Slight overreaction mate, but I agree there is a fair bit of sniping on here.

I have very low expectations for next season but I'm actually getting quite excited for it already.  Winning is not everything and when the fixture list came out I was looking for the do-able away fixtures and actually looking forward to it again. 

Chin up, I'm sure the excitement will hit you eventually!

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:21:57 »

Slight overreaction mate, but I agree there is a fair bit of sniping on here.

I have very low expectations for next season but I'm actually getting quite excited for it already.  Winning is not everything and when the fixture list came out I was looking for the do-able away fixtures and actually looking forward to it again. 

Chin up, I'm sure the excitement will hit you eventually!

Hope so.  I'll be gutted if it doesn't!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:33:31 »

Has it been stated somewhere that we're after Luongo or are we just assuming? (Genuine question, I have no idea!)
No it hasn't, when Jed announced the Byrne deal (which has still not been confirmed!) he did say they would like to try to sign him but thought he would go to a championship side.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: