Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611635 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 17:10:57 »

Fuck me, someone's hormonal. Time of the month?

Not at all, just say it as I see it
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 17:19:42 »

Not at all, just say it as I see it

Yeah, that's what I was doing too...

It's All Good..............
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 19:53:50 »

Somewhere like our board's very deep pockets, perhaps?

Yep, but they are not putting their hard earned money in for the love of it they are going to want it back one day, the ground redevelopment will obviously help them to see a return it also keep the debts down as it all goes down as money owed.

Just trying to inject a bit of reality into the situation

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 20:18:23 »

Yep, but they are not putting their hard earned money in for the love of it they are going to want it back one day, the ground redevelopment will obviously help them to see a return it also keep the debts down as it all goes down as money owed.

People don't get a return from football. I'm sure they know that
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 20:47:33 »

I keep thinking he must have been at the very least slightly hard done by being given this tag. His attitude has been first class since he's been here and as far as we know just kept his head down without being in the team straight away.

I read up on him on some forums and it was pretty consistent, plus at least one club decided against extending his loan. The interview with him backed it up as well, came across that he knew he'd been a bit of a twat and it was time to get his head down as he was running out of chances.

Can't be easy for him though, being billed as the next big thing and then it not working out must be hard to handle. Again, you have to question the people advising him, moving to Tottenham was probably the worst thing he could have done.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 20:49:31 »

Its always better to get first team footballer at a smaller club than to play under 18s and reserve football for a big Premiership Club.

Should have stayed at Palace still about now...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 20:58:03 »

Its always better to get first team footballer at a smaller club than to play under 18s and reserve football for a big Premiership Club.

Should have stayed at Palace still about now...

From a football point of view, yes. From a bank balance point of view, no.

Don't know if that was the motivator for him. I just think of Henshall's move to City. He'll get better coaching there but will he really break into the City first team. I just can't see it. But he'll probably be minted.
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:01:06 »

The point is that they don't haveto sell first in order to buy

They can buy players with a view to selling at a later date without having to pop down to the pawn shop to pay the leccy bill in the mean time. They'll get their money back in time. The likes of Ritchie, Ferry and Caddis will (very likely) be sold, at a tidy profit, and the board have no reason to be in a rush to get the money back quickly.
DRS

« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:04:55 »

Those 3 players mentioned will be our biggest signings of the summer if they all sign new deals.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:06:46 »

From a football point of view, yes. From a bank balance point of view, no.

Don't know if that was the motivator for him. I just think of Henshall's move to City. He'll get better coaching there but will he really break into the City first team. I just can't see it. But he'll probably be minted.

...and whats Henshall done since? nothing yet.

Plus, short term he might be minted - but if he doesnt develop and ends up falling down the leagues then he's losing out on earnings he might have got if he'd worked his way up instead of down.

Of course, nothing is as black and white as that but you get the point.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:07:19 »

I just think of Henshall's move to City. He'll get better coaching there but will he really break into the City first team. I just can't see it. But he'll probably be minted.

Probably not minted in terms of set up for llife but certainly more cash than a typical 18-21 year old could even imagine having.

Even if he doesn't break into City 1st team (which I agree is highly unlikely) but with the better coaching must expect to have a better chance of developing a career at prem / championship level than if he'd stayed at Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:13:12 »

Even if he doesn't break into City 1st team (which I agree is highly unlikely) but with the better coaching must expect to have a better chance of developing a career at prem / championship level than if he'd stayed at Swindon.

I agree, he's got a reasonable wedge and better coaching. And that seems to be more important than proving himself on the pitch and working his way up the leagues. Take it up front and hope he gets something on the way down.

And I reckon that is why the likes of Paul Benson show 1000 times more commitment and effort than the likes of Frank Nouble. The latter appreciates it more.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:14:49 by Batch » Logged
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:17:42 »

At the end of the day if the attitude isn't there, regardless of talent and help via quality coaching / advice etc. then its a rare player who will succeed.
I guess the point is that lads might get their heads turned being at a top club and think they've made it when they're just starting, but that probably happens with kids at Swindon too!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:35:42 »

. The likes of Ritchie, Ferry and Caddis will (
Those 3 players mentioned will be our biggest signings of the summer if they all sign new deals.

Definitely. But if they do move on then they deserve a lot of credit from us fans. They were least culpable in last years shambles yet had enough bollocks to stay and put it right.
Flashheart

« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 21:45:08 »

Definitely. But if they do move on then they deserve a lot of credit from us fans. They were least culpable in last years shambles yet had enough bollocks to stay and put it right.

They still have a year left?

I can see....

A) Contracts extended
or
B) Being sold

I think it's fair to say that if the players are not willing for A, then he will fully endorse B.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: