Pages: 1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1622347 times)
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #5190 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:32:08 »

Powers fingers all over this.Never likes to pay contracts through the summer and always leaves recruitment late.Maybe he is expecting to be here next year after all looking at this list.Lets hope not!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5191 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:36:30 »

The club deny Cheshire didnt know by saying ‘we tried ringing Anthony Cheshire a few times, but it went to voicemail, so left a message instead’

Good god
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5192 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:57:24 »

That kind of proves the point though doesn't it, other clubs managers will also know about players and Twine had enough about him to get a loan move to a league 2 club and subsequently has proven himself somewhat. The rest of our youth players struggle to get anything above National League North and South level and even down there don't exactly excel down there.

Unless we are able to scale up our academy to the point where we can compete against the likes of Reading & City's academies and at the same time keep the really promising players then there is always going to be a problem with youth players making it to the first team. It's no slight on the Academy staff as they do a lot of hard work, but if you just don't have the sufficient quality of player to work with then there is always going to be a lack of youth team players stepping up to the first team. 
Again you seem to keep missing the point that it's not so much a lack of quality as that the quality players often get sold before they get to stage of being in contention for the first team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5193 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:58:21 »

Grounds and Curran shouldnt kick another ball for us.

Pitman might do a job in L2 with a good foil.

Two thugs in midfield and a big keeper....build the rest around that.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5194 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:59:16 »

Wow next season is going to be fun. Surprised to see Parson's has been offered a deal, although the way things are going we'll probably need a load of cheap players and youth teamers to field XI players.
Except the "youth teamers" and 1st year pros have all been released apart from Parsons so that doesn't really stack up?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #5195 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 13:03:32 »

Seen a few on this thread that believe contracts run on a 365 day basis, ie if grounds and pitman signed September 2020, their deals expire September 2021.

I really don't think this is the case. Deals run from pre season start/whenever you sign up till May 30/June 30? I know there is a obligation on all FL clubs part to pay an extra 1 month if they are yet to find a club.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5196 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 13:09:23 »

Don't really disagree with releasing them but would have liked to see a classier message to send off Grant and Caddis in particular.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5197 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 13:20:19 »

I suspect that some of those on the retained list won't be here come the beginning of the season.

The Archie Matthews one is not surprising. I don't think we was up to Fryer or Kovar's standard, so there is little reason to keep him is there? 
Behave,  Aunt Sally would have done a better job than Kovar.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5198 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 13:21:31 »

Except the "youth teamers" and 1st year pros have all been released apart from Parsons so that doesn't really stack up?
Perhaps he's the only one they think might do a job, he's had little to no involvement this season so seems odd to offer him a new deal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5199 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 13:43:10 »

Perhaps he's the only one they think might do a job, he's had little to no involvement this season so seems odd to offer him a new deal.
It's not a "new deal" as such, he's a second year scholar (U18) so this would be his first professional contract
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5200 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:29:20 »

The retained list contains a number of players with poor fitness  records - Lyden, Conroy, Baudry, Iandolo and Hunt(in his case in 20-21)
If they could stay fit, with the possible exception of Baudry (based on his age) the others would do a good job in L2 if they stay fit.
Presumably with Pitman and Grounds, the trade off for a cheapish short term contract is an option for another year triggered by appearances - important for them at their ages. I agree with those who would have neither in the team next season, Grounds is error prone, and BP’s immobility means it is difficult to press sides from the front.

Of those released, I would have preferred to keep Hope, who I think would do a job in L2. Possibly Missoulu also, but not as convinced by him. The rest  - no issues with any of them going  - Fryers is a good player when fit, but we can’t afford too many sick notes in the squad.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5201 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:39:54 »

I wouldn't have minded Hope sticking around, but purely from when he signed (when we were desperate for a striker after Yates and Doyle were recalled) and with no inside knowledge I wouldn't be shocked to find out he was much higher up the wage structure than his role in the team merited.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5202 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:41:07 »

Luke Haines Huh??
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5203 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:42:35 »

Luke Haines Huh??

Still at Hereford I think? They have the FA Trophy final next weekend, I guess he'll be eligible to play that. Would be surprised if he comes back to Town though.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:44:21 by Nemo » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5204 on: Friday, May 14, 2021, 16:54:48 »

Shame we had to retain any to be honest
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: