Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 195281 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 10:48:57 »

Maybe I could wear a Swindon shirt underneath my running top then just as I cross the finish line..
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 11:40:47 »

I've been asked by a friend to do the Oxford half marathon in October.

Guess where the start/finish line is.

The Oxford one is the same date as Swindon half apparently.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 11:54:55 »

I did the Blenheim Palace half in September in 1 hour 40 mins.

Was happy with that because it was 27 c that day.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 12:23:14 »

I did the Blenheim Palace half in September in 1 hour 40 mins.

Was happy with that because it was 27 c that day.

Thats good considering the heat. What's the route like?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 12:57:52 »

Maybe I could will wear a Swindon shirt underneath over my running top then just as I cross the finish line..

If Eric is about you could finish in a record time Ralphster.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 13:19:21 »

The Oxford one is the same date as Swindon half apparently.
Perhaps Paolo will fancy running both this year and still call it a fun run  Smiley
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 19:47:41 »

Thats good considering the heat. What's the route like?

Surprisingly hilly ! You go round the grounds of Blenheim and into the village of Coombe.

They had people with hosepipes spraying you it was that hot. I lost 8 pounds in weight.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 15:52:13 »

Anyone run the Bristol half?

I'm looking on their website but the route does not enlarge when you click it so can't make out where it goes. Whats it like to run?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 22:48:38 »

*bump* or something like that.

Im not sure if there is another running thread but I found this one so thought Id ask a little advice.  As an occasional runner for, oh at least 2 months, I know fuck all about the gear and that sort of thing.  Now as I have a couple of weeks with bugger all work thanks to an old rocker postponing his tour, I want to get back out there.  Which bring me to my question - Just what should I wear?

At the moment I go out in a t shirt and what my wife calls 'obscene' running shorts.  Are track suits and that sort of thing a better idea.  I feel like im going to freeze my cock off if I go out in the usual stuff.

Never knowingly overstated.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 23:00:03 »

In this weather, I wear shorts, t-shirt and a good quality florescent jacket (normally windbreaker material).

In the summer I ditch the jacket.

I also tend to have an under armour long sleeved t-shirt for running in the day, again in the winter.

Providing you're pushing yourself (even everso slightly) you'll work up a sweat and wont 'freeze your cock off'

Might be an idea to put some vaseline on the old nips though....especially in this weather!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 23:05:20 »

I started running again about 6 or 7 weeks ago after a break of 7 years.  I  don't blame my kids for much, but they are entirely responsible here.  I heard at the end of September that I have a place in next year's marathon, and have been going out a few times a week since then...each time wearing 7 year old running kit and 7 year old shoes.

I do know that, sooner or later, I will need to spend some money and update but, being the tight arse I am, I'm holding off until I absolutely have to.  I will await the responses to your question with interest.  Personally, I think the most important piece of kit is a good pair of running shoes; everything else, in my view, is secondary.  I went out for an 8 miler this morning in oldish kit, and the worst I'm suffering is an annoying case of runners' nipple (x2), so I'll live.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 23:12:52 »

I started running again about 6 or 7 weeks ago after a break of 7 years.  I  don't blame my kids for much, but they are entirely responsible here.  I heard at the end of September that I have a place in next year's marathon, and have been going out a few times a week since then...each time wearing 7 year old running kit and 7 year old shoes.

I do know that, sooner or later, I will need to spend some money and update but, being the tight arse I am, I'm holding off until I absolutely have to.  I will await the responses to your question with interest.  Personally, I think the most important piece of kit is a good pair of running shoes; everything else, in my view, is secondary.  I went out for an 8 miler this morning in oldish kit, and the worst I'm suffering is an annoying case of runners' nipple (x2), so I'll live.

At least it wasn't x3...

I find the BEST running shoes to be made by Saucony or Asics..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 03:30:07 »

each time wearing 7 year old running kit and 7 year old shoes.
Surely you have out grown the 7 year old kit and shoes? Shocked
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 07:15:59 »

Good to see so many of you take up running. I'm not an expert but I generally tend to wear shorts and a long sleeve running shirt. Sports direct do some decent stuff without breaking the bank.

I whole heartily agree that the best thing you can get is a decent pair of running shoes, it will be a good investment.

Good luck in the marathon next year Ardiles, you'll 'enjoy' it for the hard work you put in and will get a huge sense of achievement when you finish. Great weekend in London, even if it is the hardest thing I have ever done. If you need any tops give me a shout.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, November 10, 2013, 10:14:19 »

Good luck in the marathon next year Ardiles, you'll 'enjoy' it for the hard work you put in and will get a huge sense of achievement when you finish. Great weekend in London, even if it is the hardest thing I have ever done. If you need any tops give me a shout.

Thanks Jimmy.  I do have a couple of marathons under my belt, but they were both a long time ago.  (London 2007 and NYC 2002).  Feel like a beginner again, to tell the truth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: