Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT  (Read 37423 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #225 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:49:57 »

Crying Terrific and emotional speech. I am starting to believe that we might just do it, I can only hope.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:59:12 »

Chesterfield are a much bigger club than us and are plying their trade in a higher division.

Compared to them we are plucky minnows and don't stand a chance against them at Wembley, they are stronger, fitter, more tactically gifted and all round far superior to our bunch of cloggers.

But sometimes, just sometimes, the fairytale comes true: Jack kills the giant; David triumphs over Goliath; pox win a game in Wiltshire, these things can happen.

Live the dream little Swindon, live the dream....

Class.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 08:51:03 »

Fuck me this game isn't for 6 weeks....and it's only the Skoda hubcap...bit early to be dissecting likely events.

Word!

Clems Army!
fatbasher

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 11:49:31 »

Just got back!!! blah, blah. Only one sat in the pub in Peterfield! I also missed the goal going for a piss would you believe.

Still nice to be going to Wembley again and taking the missus and nipper this time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 12:06:57 »

Word!

Unfortunately this is bound to be a problem....we've a massive game on Tuesday night (weather permitting) and nobody mentions it. We'll expect the players to fully focussed, but as fans, many are getting as excited as Gary Glitter at girl guide jamboree.  This is the first time we've had a final in season since 1969...then Wembley cost us 3 defeats in a row in March, which ultimately cost the title.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 12:14:21 »

I kind of agree with Reg, got to get back focusing on the league.

Thankfully Crawley are dreaming of a cup tie against Stoke. I kid you not one question on their forum was "is Stoke at home bigger than Man U away". Erm. No. But its interesting that (one of ) their fans think this way, I suppose if you a new league club then it seems more glamorous than it is.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 12:15:24 »

Unfortunately this is bound to be a problem....we've a massive game on Tuesday night (weather permitting) and nobody mentions it. We'll expect the players to fully focussed, but as fans, many are getting as excited as Gary Glitter at girl guide jamboree.  This is the first time we've had a final in season since 1969...then Wembley cost us 3 defeats in a row in March, which ultimately cost the title.

I agree with what you say, but I'm hoping that the professional attitude that Paolo has brought to the club will shine now.

He doesn't appear to accept anyone who is not totally focused on the next game, and will happily sub someone after 20 mins if they are not doing the job he expects (see Kerrouche).

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 12:37:11 »

I agree with what you say, but I'm hoping that the professional attitude that Paolo has brought to the club will shine now.

He doesn't appear to accept anyone who is not totally focused on the next game, and will happily sub someone after 20 mins if they are not doing the job he expects (see Kerrouche).

It will be interesting to see...it certainly helps that we've Bodin, Cox, and Rooney, who can't play in the paint pot.
fatbasher

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 12:49:46 »

Here's something for everyone to ponder.

After we won the league cup we were denied the chance to play in the Fairs cup, now Europa league due to league rules at the time. We then went on to enter the Anglo Italian cup (as a sop) which we won. Why not inaugurate a similar European cup competition for lower league clubs winning a specific domestic cup competition like the JPT? Sponsorship would not be an issue as I'm sure there would be many companies clamouring to support "grass roots" football in all the other Euro countries. The format could be on a knockout basis so not to clog up domestic fixture lists.

So for instance if we win this years JPT we don't enter next seasons we go into the Euro piss pot trophy instead. The next seasons JPT could give a bye to one club in round one while we go off into Europe same rule applies to other euro clubs too. A team winning the Euro piss pot trophy can only win it once and will have to drop back into the domestic comp the following season to ensure there not being a one club domination or two clubs from the same country participating or taking into account a club being internally promoted to say in our case the Championship.

You'd have to circumnavigate around Blatter or Platini as they'd veto it on the grounds a) they did not think of it b) there's nothing worthwhile for them c) you think of something

Discuss.... 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 13:35:45 »

After we won the league cup we were denied the chance to play in the Fairs cup, now Europa league due to league rules at the time. We then went on to enter the Anglo Italian cup (as a sop) which we won. Why not inaugurate a similar European cup competition for lower league clubs winning a specific domestic cup competition like the JPT? Sponsorship would not be an issue as I'm sure there would be many companies clamouring to support "grass roots" football in all the other Euro countries. The format could be on a knockout basis so not to clog up domestic fixture lists.

So for instance if we win this years JPT we don't enter next seasons we go into the Euro piss pot trophy instead. The next seasons JPT could give a bye to one club in round one while we go off into Europe same rule applies to other euro clubs too. A team winning the Euro piss pot trophy can only win it once and will have to drop back into the domestic comp the following season to ensure there not being a one club domination or two clubs from the same country participating or taking into account a club being internally promoted to say in our case the Championship.

You'd have to circumnavigate around Blatter or Platini as they'd veto it on the grounds a) they did not think of it b) there's nothing worthwhile for them c) you think of something

Discuss.... 
Non starter
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 13:38:06 »

Discuss....  

I imagine this competition would be about as attractive as the JPT is now. Who'd want to watch Swindon vs some 4th division French team away on a cold night in February? Nobody.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 13:44:10 »

Speak for yourself reeves

Im sure summer of noughtie nine would have something to say about that
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 13:44:55 »

Speak for yourself reeves

Im sure summer of noughtie nine would have something to say about that

Cheesy
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 14:09:29 »

Just remember how shit the second attempt at the Anglo Italian Cup was.

And then imagine how good it would be to play someone from the lower leagues in Eastern Europe.

Would be a huge financial burden to the team that qualified, big costs & small crowds.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 14:20:18 »

Cant wait for us to play someone from the azerbaijan 5th division
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: