Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT  (Read 37499 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:24:57 »

I love the logic of, 'well we beat bournemouth and they're much better than swindon'.  By that logic, well, we beat Wigan, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Colchester and Exeter.  They're all better than Chesterfield according to the league tables.

That 5 games against people in division one or higher.  The same as they have one against league 1 teams in their league campaign.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:29:16 »

"but no reason why we cant win as barnet showed what class of teams play in division 2 ,the step up to league 1 is massive"

Step up massive ? so why are you bottom then ? ?
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:29:53 »

I can understand people thinking we ain't all that from watching last night's game. Barnet were scrappy and bought us down to their level, certainly wasn't the fluid football that has made us as good as we are.

Quite why anybody would thing we were dodgy at the back though is beyond me.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:30:40 »

"but no reason why we cant win as barnet showed what class of teams play in division 2 ,the step up to league 1 is massive"

Step up massive ? so why are you bottom then ? ?

Because the step up was so massive...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Barry Scott

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:36:21 »

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:41:49 »

QED!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:44:29 »

If they have made all these judgements on us from watching one game against Barnet, then my judgement on them from watching one game against Oldham is that they looked poor at the back, their right back was dodgy and they had no midfield at all.
kerry red

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:14:28 »

You can understand why opposing fans are not keen on PdC

"We beat Wigan, deservedly. We beat Huddersfield so we won't have any problems with Chesterfield," he added.

Got to love the bloke, though - pure box office stuff!!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:20:08 »

I asked for that
Jack Lester

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 17:46:08 »

I love the logic of, 'well we beat bournemouth and they're much better than swindon'.  By that logic, well, we beat Wigan, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Colchester and Exeter.  They're all better than Chesterfield according to the league tables.

That 5 games against people in division one or higher.  The same as they have one against league 1 teams in their league campaign.
Hi lads. Spireite here. There are some really thick arrogant cunts on our forum who believe because we are in a higher division we will beat you. You cant tell the fucking idiots anything though,if you do then they take points off you because they have a scoring system. Childish wankers. Anyway,i feel it should be a good game between us both as we both like to play football. Dont let the Oldham game trick you into thinking you saw how we usually play though. We went their to protect our goal advantage and try and nick a goal,which we did. It wasn't very pretty,granted,but we got the result. We like to get forward down the flanks but it aint really worked out for us this season because the club fucked up by not replacing two players who scored nearly 40 goals between them. Jack Lester will be our main threat,he only needs a sniff and can punish the meanest of defences. Who is your main threat and are you confident?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 17:50:35 »

Hi lads. Spireite here. There are some really thick arrogant cunts on our forum who believe because we are in a higher division we will beat you. You cant tell the fucking idiots anything though,if you do then they take points off you because they have a scoring system. Childish wankers. Anyway,i feel it should be a good game between us both as we both like to play football. Dont let the Oldham game trick you into thinking you saw how we usually play though. We went their to protect our goal advantage and try and nick a goal,which we did. It wasn't very pretty,granted,but we got the result. We like to get forward down the flanks but it aint really worked out for us this season because the club fucked up by not replacing two players who scored nearly 40 goals between them. Jack Lester will be our main threat,he only needs a sniff and can punish the meanest of defences. Who is your main threat and are you confident?

Matt Ritchie. Yes.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:09:19 »

Matt Ritchie. Yes.

Can't argue with that really. Ritchie is the one to watch, and we have every reason to be confident. We've beaten a number of higher division teams this year and the confidence in the team is clear for all to see. We always try to play our football and it's proven successful.

That said, it's not going to be easy. It's a cup final, so your lot have obviuosly done well to get there, and anything can happen over 90 minutes.
lambourn red

« Reply #207 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:13:39 »

I hope your team don't take us as lightly as some  of your fans we have lost 2 in 28 not conceded at home since 8th October . The confidence is absolutely sky high and with a backing of over 30k most Swindon fans will be going to Wembley thinking we are favourites. Natural order will be restored next season anyway with us above Chesterfield where we have historically been.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:18:07 »

Never mind all that. How did leon Clarke do for you overall?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:25:14 »

Hi lads. Spireite here. There are some really thick arrogant cunts on our forum who believe because we are in a higher division we will beat you.

I think anybody who has been a fan for more than a season would know that a one off can cause upsets. So you are in with a chance Smiley

In seriousness, our right hand side is pretty good. Our defence has been superb since mid September.  We don't have a reliance on a superstar striker. They are good but if you mark one out of the game we have the other , and midfielders and defenders that can score too.

Jesus that sounds over confident and big headed. Obviously it is a game we can lose, but I am confident.

Should be a great day out. If we lose I will be pissed off...but...it doesn't mean much other than kudos. Its not like a playoff final.

Have a great time, before the game. Not during it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: