Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Evans  (Read 48492 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:07:59 »

It would appear the bubble hasn’t burst quite yet at Crawley, expect them to throw more cash about in the summer.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:10:20 »

This is how much I dislike Evans because before today Rotherham were just another team in league two but already I want them to fail because of him.

I feel the same, I can't work up as much ill feeling towards Crawley now he's gone! Rotherham however...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:10:21 »

It would appear the bubble hasn’t burst quite yet at Crawley, expect them to throw more cash about in the summer.
Just not as much as if they did go up, which I personally doubt they will. I still have a sneaky feeling Crewe will get into the playoffs and win it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:14:50 »

I feel the same, I can't work up as much ill feeling towards Crawley now he's gone! Rotherham however...

I was thinking (wierd I know!) about how many players/managers have stirred up so much hatred and anger amongst Swindon fans as much as is aimed at Mr Evans?

Avoiding the 6 fingered inbreds up the A420 such as Bumchump I can only really remember John McGinlay for his Bolton antics that has stirred up as much bile for Town fans. Yes there have been a few minor ones but none long lasting.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:16:30 »

Steve Evans certainly doesn't wind me up.

He's filled in the gaps when there's been little to talk about.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:16:50 »

If Crawley do go up, you can put your house on them coming straight back down again next season.  I actually feel quite sorry for Coppell.  Crawley Town?!  How ever did it come to this?

Just not as much as if they did go up, which I personally doubt they will. I still have a sneaky feeling Crewe will get into the playoffs and win it.

I know what you mean.  They key factor in winning the play offs is momentum, not position.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:26:05 »

If Crawley do go up, you can put your house on them coming straight back down again next season.  I actually feel quite sorry for Coppell.  Crawley Town?!  How ever did it come to this?

I know what you mean.  They key factor in winning the play offs is momentum, not position.

I thought we had the momentum against Mill.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:26:49 »

Sounds quite feasible actually Hmmm

I was thinking along the same lines too.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Peter Venkman

« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:28:20 »

Most definatley, and Crewe do seem to be playing with some style and class and getting good results lately. The form of the others in the current play off places.....Creepy, Sarfend, Cheltnumb and Pox are all very much up and down, and down down in the case of Cheltnumb.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:30:12 »

I thought we had the momentum against Mill.
We went into the playoffs with 1 win in 6 games, so no we werent on a good run of form.

Flashheart

« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:42:40 »

Steve Evans certainly doesn't wind me up.

He's filled in the gaps when there's been little to talk about.

Yep

Like-able character or not, he's still a character. Most football managers are really quite boring, it's good to have some that make things a little more interesting even if they are 'orrible fat cunts. This for me has been one of the most entertaining season I can remember. That's mostly down to winning and PDC, but fatty Evans has played his part also.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:44:12 by Flashheart » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:45:14 »

Yep

its good to have some that make things a little more interesting even if they are 'orrible fat cunts.

that made me laugh - very direct, to the point & extremely funny

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:47:01 »

We went into the playoffs with 1 win in 6 games, so no we werent on a good run of form.

With six games to go we were 2nd...unfortunately the pressure told and we ended up 5th....a lot can change in the last few games of a season.
kerry red

« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 11:03:12 »

Next in my pecking order of 'orrible cunts was Steve McMahon

'Get that scouser out!'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:32:13 »

Happened quite quick!

Any chance ..... The Crawley owners have had this idea for a while, Fatty didnt like it so was rather grateful when the chance to jump ship came along?

Or do I need to get my imagination back under control?

Apparently he is mates with one of the board, and they have trying to get him in for a while, so what you say does make sense.  Coppell has stated in the past he is done with management but not football so this all drops into place nicely for them really.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: