Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Evans  (Read 48636 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:01:28 »

They don't deserve that.

New ground and a fresh start....buckle would of been a good appointment.

Bit suprised he went to Luton. Thought he could have done better.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:02:24 »

Really? Buckle did an awful job at Rovers. Their fans hated him and so do Torquay's fans. He's a bit of a cock apparently and not a very good manager. Don't get why people think he would be a decent appointment really.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:06:18 »

Incidentally, where did this Paul Buckle: Superstar theory come from?

Buckle has joined arguably the biggest name in Non-League football and is back in the division where he enjoyed success. Looks like a good fit for both parties.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:08:17 »

Incidentally, where did this Paul Buckle: Superstar theory come from?

Buckle has joined arguably the biggest name in Non-League football and is back in the division where he enjoyed success. Looks like a good fit for both parties.

Exactly......get em up and then fuck off.

Clems Army!
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 21:37:52 »

Strong rumours that Evans has gone to Rotherham today. Couldn't have a lower opinion of him to start with but can't understand why he'd abandon a very good chance of promotion with Crawley. Surely the increase in money isn't worth missing out on promotion?

Once a cunt....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 21:45:11 »

Strong rumours that Evans has gone to Rotherham today. Couldn't have a lower opinion of him to start with but can't understand why he'd abandon a very good chance of promotion with Crawley. Surely the increase in money isn't worth missing out on promotion?

Once a cunt....

Crawley's 'Project Promotion' is just about to blow up. They've spent money they haven't got, and due to the fact they didn't draw Man U away in the Cup again, they had to sell their two main strikers to balance the books.

I bet Rotherham fans are pleased about the appointment...not !

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 22:00:25 »

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115000971

Think its fair to say they arent happy at all, who would be though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 22:06:12 »

"Imagine the disappointment of it all if Crawley then went and appointed anyone from Lee Clark/Mick McCarthy/Sean O'Driscoll!"

...If that's an idea of what Rotherham were expecting I feel they may have been being a little unrealistic.
Coca Fola

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 22:15:43 »

Rotherham are a bigger club than Crawley and have a better long term future with the new ground and everything so I can see why he'd want to go. But why would Rotherham want him in the first place? Crawley could have had me in charge and still made it into the football league with all the money they've spent. It's not down to Steve Evans at all.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 22:19:39 »

I'm pro-Evans to Rotherham because that should be a season without having to talk/think about him. I miss those days.
fatbasher

« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:01:40 »

We all have our opinions of this bloke, none that I have heard are complimentary, however he has for Rotherham, if true the "Di Canio" factor.

Ok, before any of you get all girly and reach for your keyboards to vent your spleen, think about it.

A potential manager like PDC is not going to or less likely to go to a club like the Millers. It's not got the potential dare i say like us, that's why Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle and Paolo came here. Evans on the other hand has managerial experience and has been successful. Yeah, Yeah he  has form and is an unsavoury character but for an ambitious club like Rotherham you'd look at that bloke and think "what could he do for us"?

JW I saw, in a pre-Wembely interview referred to a glass ceiling WRT Paolo's future ambitions and our clubs ability to match it. Well what future outlook do you put down for Crawley? It's abundantly clear that they are struggling financially although I doubt and hope for their fans they don't go bust in the process of achieving div 1 success as to balance the books they sold their best two strikers. As their manager what message do you think that sends out. Even if he got them promoted without the replacements that he has bought in, he'll be thinking "what will I have to work with next season?"

I think Crawley and particularly Evans has his face squashed firmly on the underside of that glass ceiling.

It may be all a vicious rumour but stranger things have happened. Evans is no Paolo by a country mile but he may be for the Millers and that fellow TEF ers is football and a situation we will as JW alluded to will come to face but hopefully not for a few years yet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:11:25 »

Big call on the Creepy forum for them to break the bank and get Lee Clark in as new manager if Evans does indeed go....delusional or what?

Apparently some of the players at Creepy have said he is as good as left already.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:19:07 »

Paul Hart to Crawley?

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:25:30 »

We all have our opinions of this bloke, none that I have heard are complimentary, however he has for Rotherham, if true the "Di Canio" factor..

I disagree with that completely.

Volatility is the only common factor here for me.

PDC is a big big name. He has the ability to capture the imagination of the public and to capture players that a club in our position have no right to sign. He is a statement of intent for this club.

Evans is a big big cunt. He has the ability to repulse and if he was appointed our manager I'd imagine season ticket sales reversing quicker than a playoff charge from Oxford. I can't see it being much different in Rotherham. I can't believe any players would be quick to buy into the Evans dream, more likely money and desperation will be the deciding factors in players going there just like they are at Crawley (see Clarke and Alexander).
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 08:27:40 »

Big call on the Creepy forum for them to break the bank and get Lee Clark in as new manager if Evans does indeed go....delusional or what?

I thought they'd done that several times over Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: