Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194436 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:19:41 »

Ahem....the Bengals (note correct spelling) are on the up mate. Andy Dalton, A J Green, two first round draft picks...need I go on? Hmmm
They will always be 'Bungals' until they can stop choking both on and off the field.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 23:49:11 »

Right then - bit of NFL trivia

Who is the only player to play for Swindon Town reserves and the New England Patriots ?
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 01:40:42 »

That's the first thing that Google has failed me on..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 07:18:20 »

Right then - bit of NFL trivia

Who is the only player to play for Swindon Town reserves and the New England Patriots ?
I think his name was John Smith? Appeared occasionally on C4's coverage back in the 80's. I can remember him but I'm not sure of his name.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 08:09:39 »

I was right. Here's the sucker....

[url width=400 height=369]http://guy.com/a/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/PatriotsDolphins3.jpg[/url]
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 08:12:53 »

This is the guy

http://www.enotes.com/topic/John_Smith_(American_football)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:42:51 »

Sounds like Donkey might be disappointed, looks like his Jets won't be coming to London after all.

Evidently the Rams will be the home team for the next three NFL games in London, starting with one against the Patriots next year.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:55:22 »

Apparently the lease on their stadium expires in 3 years so rumours abound that they could become London's franchise.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 14:51:11 »

Not the Patriots again.

Currently looks like a pretty lop-sided game.
Potentially the superbowl champs against an also ran from a fairly weak division.

Unless Fisher can turn the rams around, this could be a rout of epic proportions.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 15:56:12 »

Apparently the lease on their stadium expires in 3 years so rumours abound that they could become London's franchise.

If anyone gets the Rams it will be LA, London is 2nd in pecking order so are probably looking at the Jags.

Can't complain about having Pats over here again, the most high profile team and QB in the game.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 19:31:43 »

Sounds like Donkey might be disappointed, looks like his Jets won't be coming to London after all.

Evidently the Rams will be the home team for the next three NFL games in London, starting with one against the Patriots next year.

Disappointed isn't the word. And the Patriots again. It'll save me a few quid as I have no desire to go. Hopefully I'll get to go to Wembley in the Paint Pot.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 02:00:03 »

Quite glad it's the Rams as they're the team I've always liked in the NFC but the Pats again is disappointing. Nothing against the Patriots but it's the same as when the Bucs came back this season, you'd like them to mix it up again.

Yeah big Stan Kronenke is more likely to ship the Rams out to LA rather than London and you can't really blame him on a buisness level. The blokes sporting team ownership is quite impressive but I'm glad he has never got involved with the Broncos. Think his company own the Nuggets (NBA), Avalanche (NHL), Rapids (MLS) and the Colorado Lacrosse team! as well as his stake in Arsenal and he owns the Pepsi Center in Denver. The guy makes the Glazer's look small time.

The fact a city the size of LA hasn't got a team at the moment when there are several teams that don't sell out most of their home games is a situation that would only happen in America. Don't see the point in the Jags with 2 other teams NFL in Florida (I'm aware that it's a huge state) and several good college teams. It can't be easy for a team to generate more interest from locals due the US TV blackout regulation. If the UK did get a team I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick kind of like Monarchs back in the 90's.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 06:22:03 »

The Rams used to be in LA, but moved out in the 80/90s. LA is Raiders country and difficult for the Rams to capture an audience.

Agree with the comment about a UK team going the same way as the Monarchs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 08:12:45 »

Oh don't think the UK could even support two games per season let alone eight. At the moment, people make an effort (and spend a lot of money) once a season to go to Wembley. Not only that but they come from all over Britain and Europe, therefore you get a virtually full house for the one game a year. Once you go beyond that though, the numbers would start to drop dramatically.

I've been to three of the Wembley games and will get dragged along next season as the missus is a Pats fan. I'd much rather see the 'real thing' in America (which we'll probably do as well in fairness)

Also, UK NFL fans have their own teams and have been following them for 20 years or more in many cases. There's people on here who support the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Rams and mighty all conquering Bengals. How many people would actually drop their team to follow a London franchcise? Not many I suspect.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 08:21:50 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 08:27:02 »

They will always be 'Bungals' until they can stop choking both on and off the field.
The Bengals confounded the so called 'experts' who had them down for 1-15 or 0-16 before the start of the season on account of their rookie QB and the fact that the whole organization was supposedly going down the pan, by reaching the play offs from, in my opinion, the hardest division in the NFL at the moment.

I do agree though, they need to have several more winning seasons and a few more play off appearances before they lose that tag by which you referred to them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: