Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Watkins defends FA Cup shirt sponsor  (Read 18631 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 10:34:13 »

I reckon this was all a PR master plan from the board.

Announce the white shirt. Wait for it to kick off. Then back track to show they listen to the fans.

Extra PR for the board, the club and The People. And you've all fallen for it.

Sometimes, very rarely, you talk a lot of sense. This is not one of those times. Big Brother is not watching you, he literally doesn't give a shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 10:49:55 »

Surely Johnny was either

a) Making a tongue in cheek comment

or

b)  Coming down
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 16:04:08 »

And while we're at it, how about a return to the white shorts as well.

I prefer red shorts a lot more i've got to be honest. I don't really think that either is 'triditional' as we've spent a pretty long time wearing both. Maybe we should be like Barcalona and alternate seasons (they do with red and blue shorts)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 16:17:37 »

Surely Johnny was either
a) Making a tongue in cheek comment
or
b)  Coming down

It was a).

Though Coca Cola were accused of doing this some years ago when they came out with their 'new cola'. I've also read of suspicions about Apple using similar methods to generate free publicity for their products (such as announcing product names that were already trademarked by other companies - iPhone and iTV for example).

Don't think our board are that clever nor that devious though (which is what Coca Cola said about the accusations).
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 17:00:25 »

Bollocks!  Just printed off a hundred T Shirts!!

Fucking U turners!

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 18:13:58 »

And while we're at it, how about a return to the white shorts as well.

Reading the BBC article, we will be...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-15570363

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 19:29:08 »

It's a coincidence that as we prepare to play at Vale Park, the match that The People reported as being fixed by Jimmy Gauld in 1960, was our 6-1 defeat in Burslem.  Harry Oscroft scored 4 that day....only Frank Clarke for Carlisle has matched that since.

Gauld had heard of a conspiracy to fix a Mansfield/Tranmere fixture so that Tranmre could stay up in Div 3, so bet on a Mansfield Swindon to lose double.

In this case as the web of deceit unfolded, it was the individuals and not the club who received the punishments.

Yep we've got some history with The People.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 21:22:08 »

Don't be so fucking daft Jonny.

Wasn't that a hit song by the Fine Young Cannibals?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 21:27:56 »

It's a coincidence that as we prepare to play at Vale Park, the match that The People reported as being fixed by Jimmy Gauld in 1960, was our 6-1 defeat in Burslem.  Harry Oscroft scored 4 that day....only Frank Clarke for Carlisle has matched that since.

Gauld had heard of a conspiracy to fix a Mansfield/Tranmere fixture so that Tranmre could stay up in Div 3, so bet on a Mansfield Swindon to lose double.

In this case as the web of deceit unfolded, it was the individuals and not the club who received the punishments.

Yep we've got some history with The People.

I'm hoping the trip to vale park will prove much more fruitful than that day Reg!  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:10:50 »

I prefer red shorts a lot more i've got to be honest. I don't really think that either is 'triditional' as we've spent a pretty long time wearing both. Maybe we should be like Barcalona and alternate seasons (they do with red and blue shorts)
I'd say white shorts definitely was the traditional colour. It was only recently that red shorst was introduced.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Swindon_Town/Swindon_Town.htm

I'd say any kit preference depends on when you started watching. Personally, I started in 1979 and red shirt, white shorts and red socks will always be the real Swindon Town kit.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:45:43 »

I seem to remember that we moved to red shorts because the white ones we used ti have were going see-through after they were washed a couple of times.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 00:05:32 »

Clearly we've spent more time in White shorts than we have red, but we've also even flirted with black shorts and/or socks at several stages and I really don't see at all at Swindon. I think either is perfectly acceptable but I may be slightly biased as being only 23, a good 15 of those years supporting Town have been in Red shorts.

On a completely different topic, when searching Swindon kits on google images, this mock up away kit comes up which I think is absolutely spot on (would also make sense being the colours of Wiltshire without making is look like Celtic)

[url width=414 height=414]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/kits/191662d1313335915-hermanchides-kit-request-thread-swindon_2.png[/url]
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 00:11:45 »

1. We shouldn't be sponsored by The P****e.  Ever.  It's not 'water under the bridge' It never will be. Ever.
2. Our traditional kit is Red shirts, white shorts, red socks.
3. Swindon isn't in Wiltshire anymore. 
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 00:18:29 »

Swindon not in Wiltshire ?
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 01:24:13 »

Swindon Borough Council, is a unitary authority independent of Wiltshire Council since 1997

Bit Partridge esque really
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: