Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Watkins defends FA Cup shirt sponsor  (Read 18700 times)
nochee

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 18:52:19 »

Swindon fans on the rampage due to sponsorship deal

[url width=800 height=335]http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/0/8/simpsons_angry_mob.png[/url]
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:05:15 »

There seems to be very few fans that aren't pissed off by at least one of the issues because it really is two different seperate issues and i'm equally pissed off about both to be honest.

It seems the club were most likely unaware of the history with 'The People' despite what they say. The one valid point Nick Watkins does make is that it is (likely, I couldn't say for sure) a completely different paper today (different journalists, chairman, chief exec, pretty much everyone involved) however it still leaves a massive bitter taste in my mouth that their logo is plastered on the front.

The comparrison with Liverpool being sponsored by The Sun is quite rediculous when you consider 96 lives lost, but it's not completely irrelevant....I think the point that is trying to be made is that a club like Liverpool would be more sensitive to who they allow in as sponsors when the fans have a rocky relationship at best with that national rag.

I really do think the club need a fan on board to stop this sort of thing from happening, or at least be in regular contact with someone who has the ear of the fans for things like this. It could really stop a lot of own-goals they seem to be making. I do feel sorry for them in some ways, as it obviously wasn't intentional....what was intentional though and they obviously would have been aware of (after Wembley) is the whole playing in away colours when red is available. This consortium saved the club and im eternally greatful, but that doesn't excuse fucking about with the clubs identity.

I'm not so against us wearing away kits away from home when red is available, along as it makes sense. If we wear our black kit with red trim away to Plymouth or Macclesfield, it's not something that pisses me off that much as it does others if it gets us a bit more cash. Wearing any other colour than red at home though (or not wearing red when it's available at Wembley) is not acceptable!

There's a lot to be said for the casual fan, they fuck us off to the back teeth sometimes but when they do come out on days like wembley or cup games and we wear other colours when it's not needed, it's embarassing.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:11:54 »

I really do think the club need a fan on board to stop this sort of thing from happening, or at least be in regular contact with someone who has the ear of the fans for things like this.
Maybe that apologist cunt from the Supports Club - Bennett? I think Fred would nominate Spencer.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:13:22 »

Bennett turns up in the Beeb article on this. He's telling fans to toe the line for a change.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:15:50 »

i am not linked to this nigel bennett feller, other than we share a surname, and we sort of support stfc, and we have tiny willies

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:19:56 »

So every Pakistani wont buy the News of the World because they exposed the players cheating?....if we had done nothing wrong then of course things would be different but lets face it as much as The People went to war on us the people at the club fucked us over even more really didn't they.

Shit kit...yes....not in red isn't great.......but apart from that who cares.

Who's to say that when the shit hit the fan all those years ago it wasn't a blessing in disguise....another few years of cheating the taxman and dodgy deals could have got us thrown out of the league and maybe no way back......like the board in them days who didn't give a shit about us nor do the board today.....get used to it and rock the boat at your peril because if you want to rock the boat over this they might just rock there boat out of town.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:26:15 »

Who's to say that when the shit hit the fan all those years ago it wasn't a blessing in disguise....another few years of cheating the taxman and dodgy deals could have got us thrown out of the league and maybe no way back......like the board in them days who didn't give a shit about us nor do the board today.....get used to it and rock the boat at your peril because if you want to rock the boat over this they might just rock there boat out of town.

Considering Chelsea and Spurs got found out and got a comparitive 'smack on the wrists', I think we would've got fined/points deduction also, as proved by the punishmets clubs like Chesterfield and Boston got.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:27:56 »

Swindon Town will play in RED People-sponsored shirts v Huddersfield Town. Full details on the official website later this evening.

This is why I like this board: When they recognise they make a mistake, they change it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:32:12 »

I really don't understand people almost saying we deserved our punishment. Our punishment was akin to Juventus' for three years worth of match fixing (I appreciate not the same people dishing out the punishment) whereas the likes of Spurs who commited similar crimes get away with nothing.

Either shows that these people really don't understand what happened or are simply massive soft cunts.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:32:44 »

Swindon Town will play in RED People-sponsored shirts v Huddersfield Town. Full details on the official website later this evening.

This is why I like this board: When they recognise they make a mistake, they change it.

Where did you see this?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:33:10 »

Considering Chelsea and Spurs got found out and got a comparitive 'smack on the wrists', I think we would've got fined/points deduction also, as proved by the punishmets clubs like Chesterfield and Boston got.

I agree......BUT THE PEOPLE DIDNT DISH OUT THE PUNISHMENT DID THEY!

The FA fucked us over but people didn't stop going to FA cup matches....or boycoting FA products did they...yes the People were a bunch of twats and i stopped buying it at the time but for me all that is over now ......lets get behind the club even if maybe they have made a boo boo with this.

Hopefully the fans reaction will be enough for them to learn from this episode.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:33:29 »

Well done the board!!! Now lets concentrate on the game and getting in to round 2.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:33:35 »

Where did you see this?
facebook innit

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:33:49 »

Where did you see this?

Gary Rose just tweeted it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 19:34:03 »

facebook innit

safe