Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup 2011  (Read 30162 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 09:16:26 »

Thats a try!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 09:32:05 »

Paid the price for a shit England (or good French) start.

Hey ho, its only rugby.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 09:59:10 »

It's just like the England Football team.

They are great until they have to play against a decent team, then the wheels fall off.

Still, nice to see the media giving the Rugger Buggers are hard time for off the field stuff Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 14:12:42 »

Had a bit of a go in the second half and scored a good try, but there were still too many mistakes and the damage had been done in the first half.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 14:14:15 »

Wales would have murdered us in the semi anyway. Got to go to work with loads of Frenchies on Monday, not looking forward to it but I did say we'd lose so shouldn't get too much of a ribbing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 17:56:45 »

It's just like the England Football team.

They are great until they have to play against a decent team, then the wheels fall off.

Sorry Posh but I completely disagree with that comment, if you don't mind me saying it sounds like a typical football fan watching rugby quote.  I believe the England rugby team are nothing like the England football side. In fact if I was to compare the English rugby team with an international football side it'd the Germans I'd say they were like.  They know how to win ugly, they know how to progress and usually they get themselves there or there abouts.

Even the Gerries have off competitions, by that I mean they sometimes fall in the quarters, just like England have today.  Let's be honest if England had won today they'd have had a great chance of getting to the final, where they'd probably not had a chance of winning, as Aus/SA/NZ have too much class for this England team.  If that had happened you lot wouldn't have been complaining.

If the England rugby team were like the football team you'd have been out in the groups as they wouldn't have had the bottle to come back against the Argies or the Scots. England may not have played well this RWC but you have to respect the fact they ground out results in the groups and avoided potential banana skins.

Credit to the French too, all the reports of dispute in the camp, the potential players revolt/strike just made them focus on the job in hand.  Next week's semi-final v Wales should be another quality match up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:04:53 »

Wales would have murdered us in the semi anyway.

And I thought you were Scottish?!  Must have made that up.

I believe the England rugby team are nothing like the England football side. In fact if I was to compare the English rugby team with an international football side it'd the Germans I'd say they were like.  They know how to win ugly, they know how to progress and usually they get themselves there or there abouts.

Spot on.  I think one thing England have been guilty of this tournament is coming out of the blocks too slowly and then having to chase games.  Happened against Argentina and Scotland.  And then again today against France...only this time we left the fight back too late.

Credit to the French too, all the reports of dispute in the camp, the potential players revolt/strike just made them focus on the job in hand.  Next week's semi-final v Wales should be another quality match up.

Agree with this as well.  Wales have managed to peak at just the right time for the World Cup...which is what England managed in 2003 & 2007.  Gatland has turned them in to one of the fittest sides around and I think they have a great chance of making the Final.  And then anything can happen.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:09:16 »

Got Wales in the work sweep so I'm happy Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:26:39 »

And I thought you were Scottish?!  Must have made that up.

Spot on.  I think one thing England have been guilty of this tournament is coming out of the blocks too slowly and then having to chase games.  Happened against Argentina and Scotland.  And then again today against France...only this time we left the fight back too late.

Agree with this as well.  Wales have managed to peak at just the right time for the World Cup...which is what England managed in 2003 & 2007.  Gatland has turned them in to one of the fittest sides around and I think they have a great chance of making the Final.  And then anything can happen.

Wales certainly have come good at the right time but I'd be amazed if they could seriously challenge any of Aus/SA/NZ in the final, think any of those three would be able to defeat the welsh, the Springboks will have learned from the opener too.

And Bob's an english Jambo (if he supported Oxford he'd have the holy trinity of being a complete tosser ;-) ).
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:31:27 »

Wales certainly have come good at the right time but I'd be amazed if they could seriously challenge any of Aus/SA/NZ in the final, think any of those three would be able to defeat the welsh, the Springboks will have learned from the opener too.

I know.  But can you imagine, for example, a NZ vs Wales final?  Stage set for the biggest All Black choke of all time.  I'd be glued to the box for that one.   Wink

And Bob's an english Jambo (if he supported Oxford he'd have the holy trinity of being a complete tosser ;-) ).

OK...all makes sense now.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:34:08 »

Wales being in the final would be good, but I'm not sure I'd be hoping they won, that'd be unbearable if they won the thing, almost as bad as 2003 that'd be, especially as I work a lot in Wales.

I don't mind the All Blacks winning, but I'm sticking with the Aussies.  Cue them getting dumped out by the Africans tomorrow.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 18:43:43 »

Wales being in the final would be good, but I'm not sure I'd be hoping they won, that'd be unbearable if they won the thing, almost as bad as 2003 that'd be, especially as I work a lot in Wales.

I don't mind the All Blacks winning, but I'm sticking with the Aussies.  Cue them getting dumped out by the Africans tomorrow.

I continue to marvel at the fact that the Scottish, Carling/Guscott/Moore/Johnson-hating girl I met 6 weeks before we won the World Cup eventually agreed to marry me.  Odds were seriously stacked against that one, for sure.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:01:32 »

Scottish, Carling/Guscott/Moore/Johnson-hating

The two go hand in hand.  I hate all of the above too.  Had the misfortune of having to sit through a Brian Moore after dinner speech once, was actually relieved when he was completely shit, he nearly cried at one stage.  90% of the audience thought he was crap apart from one lad who (on his own) gave him a standing ovation.

Guscott's a pyschopath, and that's the words of one of Clive Woodward's management staff I spent a day with 'the only man in the England Rugby squad you wouldn't want on your team' as he's completely self obsessed.

Johnson's just a thug who got away with it, and what's not to hate about Carling, even his lager is piss poor.

Congrats on giving your future children a better life though Ardiles, the Celtic blood in their veins will stand them apart from the rest!
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:09:22 »

Wales defence was awesome today. Sean Edwards only went to be Wales defence coach because England wouldn't accomodate his request to keep coaching Wasps. On todays shockingly bad deensive display and complete lack of leadership our loss was definately their gain. Hope Wales lose to France. If not I will be cheering on SA/NZ/Aus in the final!i
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 19:13:18 »

Congrats on giving your future children a better life though Ardiles, the Celtic blood in their veins will stand them apart from the rest!

I thank you.   Smiley

There not so much 'future', by the way, as very much in the present.  Two little reasons that I've not made it anything like as many games as I'd have liked recently, despite being only 60 miles from Swindon.  (Indoctrination starts in earnest next year I think.)

I'm about to show your last post to the wife.  I think it's going to make her evening.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: