Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup 2011  (Read 29728 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 09:50:36 »

Fucked up competition. Never thought I would see the chokers and the jokers in the final.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 10:07:46 »

I can't see the All Blacks choking this time, I really can't.  They were outstanding today.  Australia simply beaten by the better side.  The way they sat on that lead for something like 30 mins at 17-6 is something even we (STFC) could learn from.

The only nagging doubt I have at the back of my mind is that France might replicate their (Football) World Cup campaign of 1998 where they had a ridiculously easy group and then golden goaled it vs Paraguay, scraped past Italy on penalties, saw off Croatia in the semis and then managed to get Brazil to roll over for them - in bizarre style - in the final.  It still bothers me that they won that tournament.  Could they creep up and win this one too, after all their problems?  England rolled over for them, Wales got robbed by the ref.  Who knows what the final will hold?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:38:05 »

All Blacks on home soil, I can see them winning by a big margin (for a final).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 14:08:59 »

The IRB always seem to play the tournament at the wrong time for the Northern Hemisphere sides. Playing it in Sep/Oct is perfect for the Soutern hemisphere sides, as it's coming to the end of their season, whilst it's at the start of the normal season for the northern sides, as due to the fact they start preparing in June/July, they hardly get a rest from the previous season.

It'll be a major surprise if the French win this, but the All Blacks will know, don't discount them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 15:20:19 »

I'm sure that the French half of Monsieur Rolland's family were very proud of his performance.

I hope the All Blacks smash the shit out of the French in the final
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 19:24:49 »

The only nagging doubt I have at the back of my mind is that France might replicate their (Football) World Cup campaign of 1998 where they had a ridiculously easy group and then golden goaled it vs Paraguay, scraped past Italy on penalties, saw off Croatia in the semis and then managed to get Brazil to roll over for them - in bizarre style - in the final.  It still bothers me that they won that tournament.  
Agree about the rugby but I wouldn't be so worried bothered about the footie.  No other world cup winners have ever gone on to fluke the Euros two years after fluking the world cup  (and only one other team has ever been world AND European champions at the same time).
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 19:41:49 »

I can't see the All Blacks choking this time, I really can't.  They were outstanding today.  Australia simply beaten by the better side.  The way they sat on that lead for something like 30 mins at 17-6 is something even we (STFC) could learn from.

The only nagging doubt I have at the back of my mind is that France might replicate their (Football) World Cup campaign of 1998 where they had a ridiculously easy group and then golden goaled it vs Paraguay, scraped past Italy on penalties, saw off Croatia in the semis and then managed to get Brazil to roll over for them - in bizarre style - in the final.  It still bothers me that they won that tournament.  Could they creep up and win this one too, after all their problems?  England rolled over for them, Wales got robbed by the ref.  Who knows what the final will hold?

I agree, it's the All Blacks (Can I say that without Cola accussing me of being a racist?) game to lose, and no doubt, on home soil, with the crowd behind them, they will do the job.

I suppose it's their time really, they've been touted at every RWC I can remember as dead certs, and they'll not have a better chance than this.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 07:08:09 »

Its almost impossible (bar mass food poisoning like 1995 in SA) to imagine a scenario where NZ don't win.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 07:13:57 »

Is there a Rugby World Cup on? Thought it was just Mike Tindall's stag do.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 10:26:46 »

France didn't deserve to get to the final. They've had plenty of luck both against England and Wales. That said we didn't take our chances against France and made too many errors which you can't afford to do. Wales were not helped by the ref but even with 14 they should have closed that game out.

I really can't stand France in general and it's about time New Zealand won it. I really hope the All Blacks punish the French big time. Hoping for a win of at least 30 points or more.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 10:31:51 »

France didn't deserve to get to the final.

Matters not one bit, they are there. People always say that about our football team in the Euros or World Cup but you can only beat whats put in front of you, if you have luck, then so be it (you will need it along the way)

Never really like France, mainly for the reason that they are very racist yet raid the colonies to fill there sports teams

I come from a land down-under
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 10:46:38 »

No one can deny though, they have the best national anthem...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 19:38:17 »

Italy have. France would make the final though.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 19:56:01 »

Anyone who has been in the Millenium stadium/Arms Park for a Wales international game would probably disagree.

Whatever you think, one thing for sure it's far more inspiring than God Save the Queen
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 20:08:29 »

Anyone who has been in the Millenium stadium/Arms Park for a Wales international game would probably disagree.

Whatever you think, one thing for sure it's far more inspiring than God Save the Queen

Yeah but isn't every anthem?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: