Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1202343 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5100 on: Monday, September 18, 2023, 11:15:24 »

Watched The Lovers on Now (think it was actually made by Sky) over the weekend, was unexpectedly good albeit very hard to get the picture of the male lead singing the theme tune of Detectorists out of my mind!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: Monday, September 18, 2023, 11:45:41 »

reboots ahoy!

just started on quantum leap (2022), which is brain out TV and fine for it. good references to original - this is a continuation.

Frazier drops soon too. got reservations about that one

oh and I think neighbours is back in Amazon this week?

not watched The Full Monty sequel yet either
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5102 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 21:59:02 »

Just finished the last part of Reckoning, the BBC 4-parter about Savile. I knew he was a complete sicko, but didn't know about the even more revolting stuff covered in the last episode.

Brave of Steve Coogan to take the part.

I've since watched quite a few YouTube videos where Savile continually makes the 'joke', "I'm banned from all the girls schools in the country" and may other comments that now seem even more obvious confessions/boasts.

Was Jill Dando was killed because she was about to expose him?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #5103 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 22:02:09 »

Just finished the last part of Reckoning, the BBC 4-parter about Savile. I knew he was a complete sicko, but didn't know about the even more revolting stuff covered in the last episode.

Brave of Steve Coogan to take the part.

I've since watched quite a few YouTube videos where Savile continually makes the 'joke', "I'm banned from all the girls schools in the country" and may other comments that now seem even more obvious confessions/boasts.

Was Jill Dando was killed because she was about to expose him?
Watching that at the moment. Good acting and quite brave to take on the role by Steve Coogan. Interesting but certainly a harrowing and uncomfortable watch. Haven’t got to last episode yet but apparently certain scenes were going to be even more horrible but Coogan objected and said he wasn’t comfortable with it. 
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 14:12:23 »

Haven't watched it and probably won't but I wonder if his mates Thatcher and Charles Windsor will feature?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5105 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 15:47:19 »

Haven't watched it and probably won't but I wonder if his mates Thatcher and Charles Windsor will feature?

Thatcher is prominent in the last episode and they've got archive footage of him with the then Prince of Wales, and the Pope.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 11:51:48 »

Started The Reckoning last night, two episodes in and its OK, nothing really new in it and struggling a bit with Coogan's Savile often sounding and acting very much like Coogan's Partridge.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 12:17:27 »

For anyone who likes sci-fi, but not the glitsy stuff, then Invasion (on Apple) is great.  Just don't expect it to be fast moving, which is why I like it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5108 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 14:21:26 »

I know I'm late to it but where have I been? Just finished the 1st series of "Yellowstone" on C5. Can't wait for series 2 to be available for us terrestrial types.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5109 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 14:35:26 »

There’s a woman on Tenable at the moment who looks like Gareth Southgate.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 14:56:53 »

I'm doing Gen V on Amazon, a spin off of The Boys.

A university for Supes run by Vought International with all the business/ personal/ ethical/ political shit of The Boys.

Good watching so far
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: Thursday, October 19, 2023, 09:31:21 »

Does anyone watch Sex Education on Netflakes, be interested to hear opinions on the most recent (last) season to see whether its just me?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5112 on: Thursday, October 19, 2023, 09:49:04 »

The wife watched it, I'd watched all the seasons prior to this. Just felt it was a 'bit much' this time around, so didn't bother after 1 episode.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5113 on: Thursday, October 19, 2023, 10:37:25 »

The wife watched it, I'd watched all the seasons prior to this. Just felt it was a 'bit much' this time around, so didn't bother after 1 episode.

We just have the final episode to go, but my review so far would just be 'meh'.

It just seems like the writers have entirely run out of ideas, to introduce a whole bunch of new characters in what was known to be the last series, is just frankly odd (and whilst I can sort of see why they have gone for such an inclusiveness agenda, the way its just been shoehorned in is strange) and means for a large part of each episode you have whole sections where you are not invested in any of the characters or really care, plus with the main characters that have been there since day 1 they just seem to have been shunted off into peripheral roles or entirely changed in their characteristics, meaning you don't really care about them either.

Think we will stick to the end, but all seems a bit of a waste of time and a crap end to what was quite a good idea and series.   
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5114 on: Thursday, October 19, 2023, 10:46:29 »

I liked it. No spoilers as you seem to have not finished it yet but there's a funeral episode which is top notch TV.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: