Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1981753 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7875 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:53:42 »

I would imagine half of Glasgow are celebrating plus could open the way for Frank Lampard's Glasgow Rangers!

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7876 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 11:19:52 »

If Gerrard keeps Villa up this season, that would be a good achievement.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #7877 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 11:43:25 »

I would imagine half of Glasgow are celebrating plus could open the way for Frank Lampard's Glasgow Rangers!

He's currently favourite for the Norwich gig
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7878 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 11:45:37 »

Rangers may throw a spanner in the works so will be interested to see which club he ends up at.

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7879 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:04:39 »

If Gerrard keeps Villa up this season, that would be a good achievement.

I’d say that’s the bare minimum, decent squad, should be set a target of mid table I think
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7880 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:07:08 »

I think he has a better chance of survival than Howe at Newcastle.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7881 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:30:04 »

Massive step up from managing Rangers to Aston Villa, going from 1 of the 2 big clubs to being at an also ran trying to avoid relegation.

Will see what hes really made of, hes going from a big fish in a tiny pond to a medium fish in an ocean with Villa.

Former Rangers favourite Giovanni Van Bronkhorst will get the Rangers job as the board try to appease fans in appointing someone the fans love.

Gers fans dont seem overly bothered about losing Gerrard which tells you how much they though of him up there.

He’s definitely got flaws and still has a lot to learn, but I think he has a lot of up side as a manager.

When he leaves us it’s going to be interesting to see how his sides fare in a more open and expansive league where teams try to play and it isn’t a case of always having to break down a low block.

1 trophy out 9 and failed to make the champions league this year with a title winning squad , on paper there’s no way he warrant the figures people want here

Gerrard would be a massive gamble for any English club and that's without paying millions to get him. I don't see why folk are acting like Gerrard is a proven successful manager. Hes had one good season thats looking like a potential fluke at times. Would be madness to have a treasure trove of billions and then take the risk of appointing Gerrard.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7882 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:39:57 »

Massive step up from managing Rangers to Aston Villa, going from 1 of the 2 big clubs to being at an also ran trying to avoid relegation.

Will see what hes really made of, hes going from a big fish in a tiny pond to a medium fish in an ocean with Villa.

Former Rangers favourite Giovanni Van Bronkhorst will get the Rangers job as the board try to appease fans in appointing someone the fans love.

Gers fans dont seem overly bothered about losing Gerrard which tells you how much they though of him up there.

To be honest reads as typical football fan fare when a player/manager leaves for pastures new.

No idea how Gerrard will do at Villa, probably one of the better opportunities to take the step up as part of natural career progression so we shall see.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7883 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12:45:16 »

Not really sure there was a better alternative out there as a lot of the older managers have gone around the block a few times and the likesnof Gerrard and Howe are the next generation coming through.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7884 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 13:04:48 »

Not really sure there was a better alternative out there as a lot of the older managers have gone around the block a few times and the likesnof Gerrard and Howe are the next generation coming through.

I think things are changing, its noteworthy that the cabal of managers who were linked to every job (bar the really big ones), the Allardyces etc seem to be drifting away.

Pretty incredibly that at at age 43 Howe has already managed 545 games
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7885 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 13:35:17 »

Seems a bit risky from gerrard. If I was him I’d have stuck around at rangers this season and next, win probably win the league in both, and then be a shoe in when klopp leaves.

If villa goes badly he scuppers his chances of the Liverpool job

Things get better but they never get good
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7886 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 17:46:59 »

Scottish football is crap. As Rangers boss, all you have to really do is beat Celtic.

Ironically Neil Lennon, who has won a lot more trophies with Celtic could only get a job with the then Championship Bolton.

I don't think he'll last a year...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7887 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 17:51:57 »

Seems a bit risky from gerrard. If I was him I’d have stuck around at rangers this season and next, win probably win the league in both, and then be a shoe in when klopp leaves.

If villa goes badly he scuppers his chances of the Liverpool job
Risky i agree but he is probably better failing at Villa rather than Liverpool if he fails anywhere
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7888 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 19:18:40 »

True, but at least he’d have had a chance. Fail at villa and that chance is gone I think

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7889 on: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 20:20:06 »

True, but at least he’d have had a chance. Fail at villa and that chance is gone I think
Solskjær failed at Cardiff yet still got the United gig, Koeman failed miserably at Everton but still got the Barcelona gig. Anything is possible when it comes to ex players becoming managers so doubt the Villa stint will make any difference.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: