Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some people..  (Read 6613 times)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 14:06:34 »

City is an interesting one. Gabilondo and an on-form Ritchie could cause them problems

Could be a great kick start to the season!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:45:13 »

Well I'm an old bastard & that's the first time I've seen us lose at home to the Scum.

That is cause enough for a knee jerk reaction fo me.

That said, having let the disappointment subside a little it's fair to say that we weren't that bad.

But on the basis that most teams at this level thrive on set pieces, we need to get that sorted. Once we do I think we will be fine.
fatbasher

« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 16:58:57 »

Ok then, my turn.

I've been waiting for my Oxford customers to ring me and give me a hard time...................

But lo and behold far from it. They said we deserved more and were the better side. They also commented that when we get into top gear we'll be a very hard team to beat but also cautioned not to expect to just turn up at some places, after all they thought like that when they went down to the pub league and it took them four? Seasons to get back. Their was recognition that we had a completely new rebuilt team out and it would take time to gel and were asking me about the czech international.

All in all a good game. Of course i'm concerned but as I said in another post we're not far off from being the real deal. Roma waza nota bilt ina weeeeekks.

Roll on Wednesday. 

Fatbasher
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 18:38:26 »

..need to get a bit of balance.

YESTERDAY WASN'T THAT BAD!!

Yes, we lost to oxford and that feels fucking horrible, but the overall performance was pretty good.

The amount of knee jerk bollocks and finger pointing on here yesterday was fucking ridiculous (You know you're in for a depressing read when Barts decides to participate).

We're four games into the season, long long way to go yet.

Keep the faith.

Great post - Needed that last night.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 20:05:44 »

Agree with what has been said in this thread. In some ways im glad the game is out the way now. There was a lot of build up and hype and in some ways I think it got to the players and PDC a little bit. Not it's time to focus on the league and not Oxford.
fatbasher

« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 26, 2011, 09:46:28 »

Ok then, my turn.

I've been waiting for my Oxford customers to ring me and give me a hard time...................

But lo and behold far from it. They said we deserved more and were the better side. They also commented that when we get into top gear we'll be a very hard team to beat but also cautioned not to expect to just turn up at some places, after all they thought like that when they went down to the pub league and it took them four? Seasons to get back. Their was recognition that we had a completely new rebuilt team out and it would take time to gel and were asking me about the czech international.

All in all a good game. Of course i'm concerned but as I said in another post we're not far off from being the real deal. Roma waza nota bilt ina weeeeekks.

Roll on Wednesday. 

Fatbasher

There you go Brizzle 0 Town 1

If you went you'd have seen a team capable of beating last seasons team and the one before in the making....AIMHO
of course.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 09:32:01 »

There you go Brizzle 0 Town 1

If you went you'd have seen a team capable of beating last seasons team and the one before in the making....AIMHO
of course.

Great result, I agree.  However, i can't help but expect more time before we start motoring.  If we can win by hook or by crook for the next month or so, we will piss that league.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 09:49:34 »

Great result, I agree.  However, i can't help but expect more time before we start motoring.

Probably a sensible expectation. I think now we have the tools to do the job with Clarke, Czechy, Ferry and McCormack . When we had Smith, Risser, Bodin and Di Vita as fist choice I couldn't see it happening any time soon - sure they could all be good players, but not ready enough to hit the ground running.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 09:52:39 »

The ball Fezza played into space for Gabi to cross was a beaut.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 09:54:43 »

As was the one he played before to Gabi with the outisde of his foot, but Gabi was offside, looks like he has really good technical ability aswell as being a big target man.
Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 10:05:00 »

As was the one he played before to Gabi with the outisde of his foot, but Gabi was offside, looks like he has really good technical ability aswell as being a big target man.

Personally, I've never thought Fezza would have quality as a big target man, and have real doubts about his ability to play as one. However, I didn't watch him against Shitty so I won't question your thoughts on him playing that role. Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 10:10:41 »

Probably a sensible expectation. I think now we have the tools to do the job with Clarke, Czechy, Ferry and McCormack . When we had Smith, Risser, Bodin and Di Vita as fist choice I couldn't see it happening any time soon - sure they could all be good players, but not ready enough to hit the ground running.
To be fair, Smith had a good game against City
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 10:13:06 »

Personally, I've never thought Fezza would have quality as a big target man, and have real doubts about his ability to play as one. However, I didn't watch him against Shitty so I won't question your thoughts on him playing that role. Cheesy

I thought exactly the same thing, I thought he was going to be built like a house but with the touch of a donkey, it didn't seem that way, but then again it's hard to judge on 10 minutes of football
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 11:25:23 »

A few people seem to have got a bit lost in this thread... Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 27, 2011, 11:36:12 »

A few people seem to have got a bit lost in this thread... Cheesy

It's not just me scratching my head then?!

(It feels like there's a whoosh somewhere.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: