Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some people..  (Read 6665 times)
Muffin Man

« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:28:29 »

That is total cuntflaps, utter shite.
woolster

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:38:36 »

That is total cuntflaps, utter shite.
totally wrong regarding the game, but makes a good point about some not being up to it Hmmm
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:46:07 »

This made me laugh a lot

I thought Oxford controlled the game for at least sixty minutes and ‘allowed’ Swindon back into the game before waking themselves up again.

Must have been at a different game!
Muffin Man

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:55:33 »

This made me laugh a lot

That was the best post ever, thats like saying Hitler was a bit naughty....how wrong can you be?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:55:44 »

Like most of you I dont feel too bad about this defeat, there were plenty of positives there for PDC to work with...yet, we are in a bit of a hole and need to scrape our way out with some hard fought grindy wins and draws...

...all well and good but we have some tough games coming up, rotherham, crawley, southend. We need to shape up quickly else we could find ourselves in an even greater pickle...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:56:53 »

This made me laugh a lot

Even their manager said they were rubbish.

We all know it's the result that's important so enjoy your moment in the sun, Oxford. We'll have revenge in March.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 10:03:32 »

got this bit spot on though....and thats a worry...but i am sure we will get it sorted..:

'The gist of what he was saying was that they had been done by two set pieces and that was something they had to work on, but that Oxford didn’t pose any more of a threat. Maybe, but then again they didn’t need to. They came to get a result and set themselves up accordingly...'

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:22:26 »

..need to get a bit of balance.

YESTERDAY WASN'T THAT BAD!!

Yes, we lost to oxford and that feels fucking horrible, but the overall performance was pretty good.

The amount of knee jerk bollocks and finger pointing on here yesterday was fucking ridiculous (You know you're in for a depressing read when Barts decides to participate).

We're four games into the season, long long way to go yet.

Keep the faith.

Nothing knee jerk about 3 defeats in a row including losing to our biggest rival at home for the first time in donkeys years.
There are worrying signs i'm afraid. 1 win first day against a team without a win and who should have had us beat by half time doesn't look as good now.
We have some decent players but we also seem to have some very ordinary ones too.

People have been swept away with the Di canio bandwagon and that is great. But a reality check rather than blind optimism aint a bad thing.
We have to get better,and i'm hopefull that we will. It has to be sooner rather than later though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:31:08 »

People have been swept away with the Di canio bandwagon and that is great. But a reality check rather than blind optimism aint a bad thing.
We have to get better,and i'm hopefull that we will. It has to be sooner rather than later though.
A realit check is a good thing, but whilst you highlight the blind optimism of some, I feel there are far too many peope full of blind pessimism - people who saw nothing positive yesterday, as if we'd been drubbed 4-0 and never looked like scoring a goal. Plenty of reasons to have some hope going forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:35:34 »

..need to get a bit of balance.

YESTERDAY WASN'T THAT BAD!!

Yes, we lost to oxford and that feels fucking horrible, but the overall performance was pretty good.

I think most people that posted straight after the game stated the same - gutted to lose to the scum, and rightly so, but encouraged by what was comfortably the best performance of the season over 90 minutes.

When even a couple of Pox fans acknowledge we were largely the better team you know its not been a total disaster. Mind you I'd love it too if we beat the Pox undeservedly in March!

So the game is out the way, the worst result has happened. Now lets kick on with the season proper, because I'd take two Pox defeats as penance for promotion if it was offered
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:39:12 by Batch » Logged
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:38:30 »

I think most people that posted straight after the game stated the same - gutted to lose to the scum, and rightly so, but encouraged by what was comfortably the best performance of the season over 90 minutes.

100% agree Batch, if we play like that we will win more than we lose, very pleased with what i saw yesterday, just lacking that final bit of oomph up front, a bit of tinkering with the defence and that should be it, Looking forward to City and Shrewsbury
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:27:14 »

Nothing knee jerk about 3 defeats in a row including losing to our biggest rival at home for the first time in donkeys years.
There are worrying signs i'm afraid. 1 win first day against a team without a win and who should have had us beat by half time doesn't look as good now.
We have some decent players but we also seem to have some very ordinary ones too.

I don't think I've been swept away by di Canio. Yes it's disapointing to lose 3 out of the first 4 games, but most of us knew it would take time for a new team to gel.

There have been encouraging signs, particularly Sunday, that we are very close to being a good league 2 side.

Reality checks are find, but blind pessimism is as bad as blind optimism.

It's All Good..............
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:32:44 »

Pissed off as anyone. But the bottom line is they played more like a team than we did, and thats why they won.

Weve got some good players, but this game came too soon. We need to stop losing games or this could spiral out of control.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2011, 18:43:48 by Spencer_White » Logged
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 13:53:07 »

Weve got some good players, but this game came too soon. But we need to stop losing games or this could spiral out of control.

This is spot on. Looking forward to march. We will be better prepared. Short term I think it is likely to get worst as I think bristol will be a tough test. Im going to reserve judgement until a few more games, then hang my head in shame if things dont change.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2011, 14:04:31 by LittleRed » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 14:01:51 »

City is an interesting one. Gabilondo and an on-form Ritchie could cause them problems, and I'm more confident now we have Clarke and (hopefully) this Czech bloke.

Obviously dealing with Maynard at the other end will be a problem, but given City's poor start to the season there is at least some hope of an upset. It'd do us a lot of good to sneak a win!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: