Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham is your mother  (Read 7297 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:18:41 »

What talents that then?

Hows Michael Pook these days, wasnt he your captain last year?

What a joke
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:21:55 »

Hope you enjoy yours. There was nout sat suggesting you will be up the top at end of the season. All clubs bring in loads of signings we have had ten who need to settle. Trouble is some of your fans are like Bradfords  been in the premiership and think there to good for this division. But bradford have struggled to get out of the bottom ten for two years .Yes you have a bit of history but you are where you are because it's where you deserve to be like when you got to play off final you was there because you deserved to be there. We are a small club but we have been in the football league 11 years and spent four of them in league 1. every year the bookies right us of last season we was in play offs until exmas but it proved you need battlers and we had good football players who got bullied of the ball and we went on one mighty slide. this season we have mixed it up with a bit of talent and a bit of hard working players because teams like you we are not going to play off the park we just need to dig in and grind a result out and we did. We won't go down or up but mid table will be our aim.
Nobody's suggested we were any good on Saturday. We really weren't.

Oh, and one of the mods seems to have rudely removed all the commas from your post.
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:26:06 »

Nobody's suggested we were any good on Saturday. We really weren't.

Oh, and one of the mods seems to have rudely removed all the commas from your post.
Pook is on the transfer list he was good in his first season got given a two year contract and made captain last season and then was dog shit will be  glad to see him go. And yes my punctuation is poor but I don't care really.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:27:08 »

so whats the point in this thread then?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:47:33 »

I live in Stroud. Know loads of Cheltenham fans who always talk about us like rivals. I just laugh.

There's a few of us in Cheltenham too - probably substantially more than Chelt fans in Wiltshire.

I think Cheltenham are struggling to find any real rivals - historically was Gloucester City but left them behind about a dozen years ago.  More recently they've had rivalry with Kidderminster (who lost their league place) and Rushden (not based on geography of course), who've also disappeared.

From what I pick up they hate the Pox and Hereford more than anyone, and this year share everyone's dislike for Crawley, especially after they poached last season's top scorer.
I think that for them beating us is a bit like getting one over on your big brother!
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 21:18:26 »

There's a few of us in Cheltenham too - probably substantially more than Chelt fans in Wiltshire.

I think Cheltenham are struggling to find any real rivals - historically was Gloucester City but left them behind about a dozen years ago.  More recently they've had rivalry with Kidderminster (who lost their league place) and Rushden (not based on geography of course), who've also disappeared.

From what I pick up they hate the Pox and Hereford more than anyone, and this year share everyone's dislike for Crawley, especially after they poached last season's top scorer.
I think that for them beating us is a bit like getting one over on your big brother!
Your pobably right are main league rivals are Hereford and non league is Gloucester. I think we see Swindon as local derby.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 23:31:02 »

If they are taking fans off us in our area then for me they are rivals.

I sometimes think that if we had fronted up to Reading a bit more then there would be less of the saddo's wearing their Reading kits around the Town. We declared them non rivals so these people dont see the shame in it.

Have to say don't think I've ever seen anybody wearing a Reading shirt in Swindon....maybe I should get out more.

Always liked the fact that a football special would call at Stonehouse and Stroud, before heading up north for something or other...but we no longer have football specials  Sad
Coca Fola

« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 23:53:09 »

Stonehouse is a Swindon stronghold. I know 4 Swindon fans from Stonehouse.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 23:57:03 »

4 eh? Full of them!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 00:06:58 »

It's good to hear that tradition is maintained. I like that part of the world...used to drink sometimes with other Town fans in a pub near Standish, at the junction of the Gloucester line and one which ran up from Bristol. Beer, trainspotting and football. Take a bird with you and everything is sorted.

Don't suppose the pub is there now  Sad
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 08:56:20 »

It's good to hear that tradition is maintained. I like that part of the world...used to drink sometimes with other Town fans in a pub near Standish, at the junction of the Gloucester line and one which ran up from Bristol. Beer, trainspotting and football. Take a bird with you and everything is sorted.

Don't suppose the pub is there now  Sad
Reg, was that pub the Haresfield Beacon?If so it's still there Pint Stonehouse still has plenty of Town fans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:20:27 »

Reg, was that pub the Haresfield Beacon?If so it's still there Pint Stonehouse still has plenty of Town fans.

Could well be....right by the railway line.  Good to hear it's still there...too many interesting pubs closing.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:50:35 »

Your pobably right are main league rivals are Hereford and non league is Gloucester. I think we see Swindon as local derby.

Jesus wept....

Having lived in Hereford I know they have a healthy rivalry with Cheltenham, perhaps something to do with both having meagre backgrounds.

Unlike Bradford, we've escaped League Two before....
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:37:10 »

Could well be....right by the railway line.  Good to hear it's still there...too many interesting pubs closing.
Certainly sounds like it, I used to take my old man there every now, and then, to see Roy Kirby's jazz band.Decent food, bit of trad jazz, and a few pints, and the old man was in his element!Sadly Roy passed away quite recently Sad so haven't been there for a while.Must pay it a visit sometime soon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 14:31:05 »

Certainly sounds like it, I used to take my old man there every now, and then, to see Roy Kirby's jazz band.Decent food, bit of trad jazz, and a few pints, and the old man was in his element!Sadly Roy passed away quite recently Sad so haven't been there for a while.Must pay it a visit sometime soon.

I'd mainly sit outside on a summer evening....some lovely pubs for doing that around the Cotswolds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: