Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham is your mother  (Read 7309 times)
Warlord CTFC

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:02:50 »

When you think you can walk any competition and get carried away, then the superior Cheltenham acts like your Mam and slaps you around the ears to put you down a peg or two to show who is the mega boss.

Born on the battlefeild.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:05:58 »

[url width=432 height=324]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/shparrish/Waambulance.jpg[/url]
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:15:36 »

BAN THIS CUNT PLEASE
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:17:04 »

Bye Warlord  Bye

Cats are better than dogs FACT
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 19:34:00 »

Fuck off you rapist cunt
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 09:48:04 »

Dont get too excited about your massive attendance for your first home game, Cheltenham. Seems like every other poster on here was in the home end on saturday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 10:44:16 »

There are forces at work, when it comes to Cheltnum, which are difficult to explain.  Spence asked the question, yet nobody has attempted an answer.

I'm not liking this....in 08/09, we started the season with a decent home win 3-1 against a team from the historic county of Cheshire.....everyone thinks we could be onto something...although a few doubts raised about the foreign import, recruited via agents and you tube.

Onto Cheltnum away, where despite having a number of chances our strike force of Paynter and Cox, cannot score, and we lose to their 10 men.

Such is the blow to confidence that we have one win in the next 11, which more or less seals the fate of the manager...we do however just about manage to avoid relegation.

A point at D and R would be acceptable....but di Canio really needs a win.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 15, 2011, 10:55:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:07:29 »

Why does Di Canio really need a win? 

He's a new manager with a lot of new signings so it's bound to take a little bit of time to gel.  Don't think he'd be under any pressure unless he lost the next 5 or 6 matches on the bounce or soemthing equally unlikely. 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:10:56 »

I'm with Reg - we're on a terrible run of form, with no wins and no points from the last one games. Di Canio's job is now on the line. The thought that we might not be top of the league again for atleast another 2 weeks, possibly even months is an absolute disaster and is driving this club towards ruin. Anything but a win against Daggers and I can only see us going the way of Boston.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:23:50 »

The defeat upset me Saturday, but after giving it some thought we beat Southampton around this stage of the season last year and they still got promoted so im not going to lose any sleep quite yet.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:25:59 »

ah yes, Southampton... thanks for that...I was struggling to think of an example of a team losing but still ending up getting promoted.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:27:27 »

Why does Di Canio really need a win? 

He's a new manager with a lot of new signings so it's bound to take a little bit of time to gel.  Don't think he'd be under any pressure unless he lost the next 5 or 6 matches on the bounce or soemthing equally unlikely. 

The general consensus among the more sensible posters at the start of the season, was that di Canio would either be very good or very bad....not just OK...new signings, time to gel, etc.  Signs of very good asap would be most welcome..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:28:47 »

personally I think a good start is needed in order to build the belief and momentum that we need for promotion.  2 games and 3 points its far too early to judge.

I do share concerns on whether we are good enough and have brought in the right players.  again 2 games is nowhere near enough to judge.

there will be a bit of a knee jerk reaction should we be on 3 points this time next week mind !

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:33:53 »

ah yes, Southampton... thanks for that...I was struggling to think of an example of a team losing but still ending up getting promoted.

More importantly, we got relegated, as Cheltnum are likely to be come May....
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 11:44:41 »

The general consensus among the more sensible posters at the start of the season, was that di Canio would either be very good or very bad....not just OK...new signings, time to gel, etc.  Signs of very good asap would be most welcome..

So because some posters that you decree are sensible say he'll either be very good or very bad that means after two games he is already under pressure and needs to show immediate signs of greatness?! 

Have a word with yourself Reg.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: