Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham match is off the chain!  (Read 16588 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:30:56 »

Totally pissed off.

1. Game could have been policed by 20 stewards. I am sure Supporters would have been well behaved if the game was on.

2. Out of the box thought. Change the fixture around and play it at the CG, therefore avoiding fixture congestion.

My little lad now is upset and probably will not be able to attend the re-arranged fixture due to school.

Fucking yobs, Police bottle it and once again the innocent victims pay.

Stick your fucking human rights up your arse and sort this fucking soft Country out please for the majority.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:31:38 »

Wrong thread i know but aint the cup draw on after the Wednesday match...looks like extra time.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:34:35 »

Cheltenham ticket office manager on phone to Glos police " got a big problem, loads of Swindon are coming up Saturday without tickets and are going to be in home end. Any chance you could get the game called off as our Stewards won't be able to cope " Wankers, hope twice as many Swindon turn up at rearranged fixture and take over !
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:37:47 »

Not sure if it's the real him, but check out some of 'Jason Scotland's' tweets.

http://twitter.com/#!/Scotty_Jay79
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:40:44 »

If it is him he's an absolute hero haha.
Spencer_White

« Reply #140 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:41:48 »

Blatently a Swindon fan pretending to be Jason Scotland for some reason.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:53:47 »

There will be a degree of politic involved in this no doubt. A mate of mine used to be fairly high up in GMP as a civillian (although now been made redundant ironically), apparently all the staff shortage and scare mongering stories that came out (pre-riots) is all carefully co-ordinated within ACPO, so at least one force gets a horrow story out each week.

Its a covert strike (work to rule) against cuts by the Glos Police - so why not send in the army - decent public servants who get on with it when the going gets tough - to break the strike?

we could police the game ourselves - we've seen that local vigilante groups police a lot more effectively than the pensioned pen pushers anyway who are too busy being wined and dined by the tabloids to deal with crime and disorder when it does arise

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:55:27 »

Our beloved leader David Cameron might have imposed his cuts to the police by the time this gets replayed.
The stupid cunt is still pressing on with that as stated today.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 20:57:21 »

This has to be the most ridiculous decision I have ever known.  I genuinely have no idea what prompted them to postpone this.

Very concerned about our back log of fixtures.  If this has been called off then it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dagenham game under threat also.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:00:27 »

I bet, with 100% honesty, if the rugby season was under way and glos were at home this weekend their game would have been on.  no doubt in my mind whatsoever
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:07:36 »

Very concerned about our back log of fixtures.  If this has been called off then it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dagenham game under threat also.

They are at home Saturday against AFC Wimbledon. It's still on because their police force aren't imbeciles.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:09:24 »

No idea what this is based on but just saw the following tweet...

lane_michelle (retweeted by @swindonred)
@swindonred Gloucester police admit it was called off cause of overtime payments and not safety!!!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:12:46 »

Cheltenham ticket office manager on phone to Glos police " got a big problem, loads of Swindon are coming up Saturday without tickets and are going to be in home end. Any chance you could get the game called off as our Stewards won't be able to cope " Wankers, hope twice as many Swindon turn up at rearranged fixture and take over !
There's a mention of something similar on the Cheltenham forum.  Apparently there was stuff on facebook about Swindon fans buying tickets for the home end, because we'd sold out.

The more I've thought about this decision, the more annoyed I've got.  Glos Police look completely pathetic in all this and deserve the comments being made on Twitter.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:20:05 »

I very much doubt that Cheltenham would have postponed a game after learning that, heaven forbid, some away fans have stated within a social network site that they're going in the home end... right?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 21:21:35 »

I dunno, this is the same Cheltenham whose supporters cried because of a lack of seats at Plainmoor.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: