Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Majority of out of contract players will leave Town, says Wray  (Read 10517 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 18:53:43 »

I thought I read somewhere that Pericard was the highest earner, but I could have made that up.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest just to rub more salt into the wound of how useless he's been!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 20:21:01 »

douglas is our top earner-fact

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 21:49:43 »

I just remember how much we were crying out for a Douglas type player before he arrived.
We had spent several years without anyone in central midfield who could win the ball back & move it on. Very simple (and often under-rated) stuff, but the kind of thing you need in a team.

We had Timlin before Douglas & he couldn't do that job then & I'm not sure he has shown that he could do it now.  That means that we are going to need someone to play in CM that can do that job.

Cuthbert on the other hand I'm less worried about, he showed last season that he needs a leader to play along side him, and that means signing another experienced Centre-Half. On that basis we may as well sign them to play alongside LJF or Flint.

A decent Keeper is a must (Lucas is good enough but too injury prone & Smithy is a good backup but not reliable enough as a #1).
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 21:53:59 »

Posh Red has summed it up for me - we really should be trying to hold on to Dougie.

I think that Cuthbert has more potential than LJF, but we prob don't need both.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:00:53 »

Douglas and Cuthbert will have (along with the rest of the players) a relegation wage deduction clause.

I think the club will keep Dougie and Cuthbert, I hope they do anyway.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 11:16:08 »

Couple of tweets from Gary Rose (Adver)

STGary_RoseGary Rose

Just been told by a source close to Dougie he is keen to stay. Negotiations ongoing but might not be resolved till he back from hol mid June

STGary_RoseGary Rose

Dougie also delighted with Di canio appointment. Would love to play for him

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 11:37:34 »

Sounds promising but wages could be the stumbling block here.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 14:21:00 »

Douglas will surely be aware of the wage cut that would of been agreed at the time or he would not have let it be put in the contract.

Don't underestimate just how much Douglas and his family love where they live at the moment.They are happy .
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 16:52:54 »

and even with the wage cut, the club could offer a big promotion bonus, if we go up they get it all back again.

Posh struck the nail on the head. This sort of player is not as easy to come by as you might expect.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:00:58 »

I'd love it if Douglas stays. We need to be building the team around him and Jedward.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:53:48 »

We need to keep Dougie, like Posh Red says we were crying out for a player like him for years. I don't actually think he was as bad as some people are making out this season, he was made to play a lot deeper and had the handicap of Prutton alongside him for most of it.

We already have most of the players to do a job in League 2, just need a leader at the back and a striker to play alongside Benyon. I dont think there will be a better midfield than JPM (or Caddis), Douglas, Ferry and Ritchie.

Wiggler

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:12:34 »

Prutton was top earner on £4k a week  Crying
Dougie is up there I believe, as was ALAN!!! on £3.5k

Unbelievable really considering ALAN!!! had 45 minutes of good football for us, and Prutton had 4 or 5 good minutes.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:13:54 »

dougie was on more than 4 grand a week
Wiggler

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:15:02 »

No he wasn't / isn't.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:17:44 »

can't prove you wrong so i wont try to argue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: