Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 20469 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:57:47 »

Every human is different and it is a personal thing.
In countries where people have not a lot to look forward to in life it is important that they have some faith to turn to mainly to get through life.
I do not believe in God but i think every human has a spiritual aspect in there lives and that some people are more spiritual and believing in a god than others.

One thing is for certain there has been many times in my life that i have asked for help from someone/thing and i still regularly stop and visit churches for a few mins of absolute solace and peace,i sometimes pray but to be honest who i pray to i cannot say,my mind is not clever enough or disciplined enough to fully commit to something i will never fathom.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:57:53 »

can we all go back to slagging each other off and talking about di canio?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:01:56 »

can we all go back to slagging each other off and talking about di canio?

I don't believe he exists.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:03:52 »

there are a few folk who wish he didn't
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:05:00 »

no

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Barry Scott

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:44:43 »

If I had my way, indoctrination would be outlawed.

I agree strongly. I don't believe in any of it and can, within reason, deal with religion's existence. However, I do disagree, very, very, very strongly with it being taught in schools and being forced onto children. 

I will now leave this thread, as I know religious debates have less end product than a debate on Paolo di Canio.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:49:17 »

I do but I believe he's losing his power.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:49:32 »

I agree strongly. I don't believe in any of it and can, within reason, deal with religion's existence. However, I do disagree, very, very, very strongly with it being taught in schools and being forced onto children. 

I will now leave this thread, as I know religious debates have less end product than a debate on Paolo di Canio.
How are they forced on children? Some schools don't have these classes. They are not forced at all it's up to the parents to decide if they are sending these kids to the school.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:51:53 »

virtually all primary schools teach god as fact.
König

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:56:31 »

I think they teach it so that the kids can make their own decision when they're older, it's better for them to be taught it and to decide they don't believe it than for them to never be told about God and never have the opportunity to become a Christian etc. Also, would you rather they were taught that there is no God and no afterlife, do you think they can deal with their own mortality at a young age?

I also think that teaching them about God gives them good moral guidelines to live by.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:57:10 »

I had to do an RE exam.

I hope they liked my drawings all over the paper
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 18:59:51 »

Young children don't know any better to object to any notion of god. How can a kid who hasn't even begin physics lessons possibly know how to argue against creationism? Our kids look up to as for guidance in regard to what is right and how things work and stuff.

Therefore, we should not teach them stuff that we know to be bollocks.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:01:02 »

kids from the age of 4 are told that god did this, and god does that.hymns in assembly,and prayers before meals.
the children believe what they are told. they are too young to question whether god is real or not.
alot of morals in religions are good,but i completely disagree with it taught as faact to kids at such a young age.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:01:48 »

I also think that teaching them about God gives them good moral guidelines to live by.

That's something that gets under my skin.

My daughter will not be taught about any bible shit, but she will still be a good person. Personally, I'd be a bit unsure of any adult that needs a book to tell them what's right and what's wrong.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 19:03:02 »

Hahahahahahahah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: