Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 20215 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:34:52 »

I believe that we cannot possibly know.

Indeed, there is no conclusive proof one way or the other.

I do wonder how the earth was created, how we came about, is there anything after death, who invented words, who decided something like 'alan' was a name?!

But, which ever supposed theory you use to try and answer those questions there is nothing factual.

Not that its a topic i'm too clued up on to be honest...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:36:15 »

Read the bible? That clears alot of it up.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:40:30 »

I always come back to one question.

If god does exist and is all powerful (he did create the universe after all), why is it that a large number of the worlds conflicts take place along religious lines.

It would suggest that if there is a god he's a bit of a babe
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:41:36 »

He is teaching man a lesson.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:44:28 »

I think religion does have an important purpose to many, providing a set of morals and promoting good lifestyle (generally) etc. Where it falls down is that many of these are dated and stupid.

I don't believe in a god or feel the need to practice religion in order to get the best out of life, but I can see why some people do.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:49:21 »

If god is the all powerful and omnipotent being that religion makes him out to be, why would he feel the need to be worshipped?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:50:45 »

He never said he felt the need to be worshipped. Jesus spread the word and the rest followed.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:52:24 »

I think religion does have an important purpose to many, providing a set of morals and promoting good lifestyle (generally) etc. Where it falls down is that many of these are dated and stupid.

I don't believe in a god or feel the need to practice religion in order to get the best out of life, but I can see why some people do.

Could not have put it better myself, Si Pie.

I must admit to feeling slightly superior to anyone who is gullible enough to practice religion...But at the end of the day, our laws are built around the foundations of religious morals - so if gullible folk want to believe in god, father christmas, jack frost or the tooth fairy to get through the day, then it's okay with me.

Wish people weren't silly enough to fight over religion (i.e. Northern Ireland, middle east conflict, etc).
König

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 16:55:58 »

You have to remember that God doesn't make all our decisions for us, conflict over religion is a man made thing, people decide to fight over religion because of how they interpret it, if God was to stop it or stop people from doing evil things, we wouldn't have free will we'd just be puppets.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:16:43 »

You have to remember that God doesn't make all our decisions for us, conflict over religion is a man made thing, people decide to fight over religion because of how they interpret it, if God was to stop it or stop people from doing evil things, we wouldn't have free will we'd just be puppets.

Best cop out I think I have ever heard bath............

Wise men say........
König

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:22:31 »

haha take it up with the big man himself then Wink
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:45:52 »

I've got no problem with people having faith and believing what they want, but I can't abide creationism being taught in schools or people saying the world is only 5,000 years old.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:51:08 »

I've got no problem with people having faith and believing what they want, but I can't abide creationism being taught in schools or people saying the world is only 5,000 years old.

If I had my way, indoctrination would be outlawed.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:56:02 »

But you don't.Thank fuck
König

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:57:16 »

I agree, but i think that most Christians are clever enough to know that this isn't the case, theres so much evidence that Earth is much older and a lot of evidence for evolution, but i don't think this can be used to discount the existence of God. I think a lot of the bible is metaphorical and shouldn't be interpreted too literally which some branches of Christianity does do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: