Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 377395 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 10:31:28 »

MOS lives on, in a truncated format (there's less online fights with bitter northern fans these days for one thing) here

http://www.fansonline.net/swindontown/mb/

Leroy is still a regular, though he's not been on for a week or so, so he may have deleted his account in protest at PDC not being right wing enough for his tastes.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 10:31:44 »

Yes, you've told us already. Very admirable son well done and give yourself a big pat on the back for not betraying your morals.
Can you give it a rest now so that we can all move on? Cheers

God forbid I might bore you with an alternative view to yours. I've contributed a grand total of two messages on the subject.

And at the risk of testing your tolerance levels, I don't promise I won't mention it again. Probably best you press the "ignore" button now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:00:53 »

God forbid I might bore you with an alternative view to yours. I've contributed a grand total of two messages on the subject.

And at the risk of testing your tolerance levels, I don't promise I won't mention it again. Probably best you press the "ignore" button now.

3 actually.

And I'm not a fan of the "ignore" button.

Can't wait for the next thrilling installment on how Red Frog is better than the rest of us morally bankrupt drones who have all suddenly reverted to extreme right wing politics just because Swindon Town have appointed Paolo Di Canio.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:04:22 »

Can anyone direct me to the thread where Our Lord and Saviour announced his retirement from the TEF?

It doesn't exist, mainly because he didn't want a thread like this one cropping up I think.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:06:16 »

Can't wait for the next thrilling installment on how Red Frog is better than the rest of us morally bankrupt drones who have all suddenly reverted to extreme right wing politics just because Swindon Town have appointed Paolo Di Canio.
He never said anything of the sort.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:06:49 »

If a fans personal beliefs are that strong that they can't bring themselves to be involved with the club while PDC is here then so be it, people should not have a go at them for that because that is their personal beliefs, but alternatively the fans that are not outraged by this shouldn't be persecuted either.
Of course they shouldn't. And I don't think they have been have they?

My stance is, I don't have a problem with people having beliefs for either side of the arguement as long as those beliefs are not preached to me.  PDC has not preached his views to me or anyone else to do with STFC so I do not have a problem with him being here, on the flip side I have seen numerous fans preaching anti facists views on here and on other social media, which is where the ironic hypocrisy kicks in.
There was a discussion on why some of us felt di Canio's very public espousal of repellent views made him unsuitable to be a figurehead of the club. Others, often very cogently, disagreed. I don't think either side "preached" and I don't see how people with differing views explaining them and arguing the toss constitutes "ironic hypocrisy". Calm down, dear, it's a discussion, as Mr Cameron might say.

This is why we are lucky to live in the part of the world that we do, because we are allowed to have our own minds and beliefs and spout it on the internet.  Both sides of this particular disagreement would be strung up for airing their views in other parts of the world.  Ain't freedom of speech great.
See this is where the irony might come into play. Because you're absolutely right, we can, we do, we love it. But we wouldn't be able to if di Canio's mob had his way. If di Canio's preferred system of government was in force in this country "Disappearing members" might be a lot more literal. But they're not and he's been appointed manager, not prime minister, so let's breathe a sigh of relief for that.

I appreciate this argument has now been done to death but thought I'd pop back in to at least speak up for us "hypocrites" and apparently (limpwrist) part-time fans who do have a problem with this appointment. For the record limpwrist, I'm a season ticket holder of many years standing, and who the fuck are you to sit in judgement on me, Mex or any other fan?

This season has been an absolute trainwreck, just horrible. Couldn't wait for it to end. Then it got dragged out still further by the managerial appointment, unavoidably. The decision that's finally been taken is a real shot in the arm for most fans and goes some way to restoring the faith/passion/whatever we all lost this season. For me and others, it's a kick in the head, a real tin lid on what was already one of the most soul-destroying seasons ever.

So I'll probably not be on here very much if at all for the next few weeks, not because I'm boycotting anything or having a go at the forum or anything but because I'm utterly fucking pig sick of football in general (except my kids playing) and STFC in particular. I don't imagine anyone gives much of a toss one way or the other. Cue a deluge of "Well fuck off then we can do without "fans" like you" responses. Have a good summer everyone (except di Canio, I hope his cock falls off)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:18:58 »

I just wants to support my football team is all.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:23:21 »

For what it's worth Paul, you have come out of this with a lot of credit for making your point clearly and intelligently, without being too overly critical toward those of us that welcome PDC.

I honestly think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face, and I really hope you change your mind and come along to the CG next season, it's going to be a roller coaster ride I'm sure...

Anyway I'm going against my original point which was that this has been done to death and we all need to move on. So I'm off to watch Survival Sunday in my Lazio shirt..
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:25:19 »

I'm now at the point where I think people can say what they want provided they keep it in this thread.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:26:21 »

why the fuck does it have to be those for di canio vs those who say anything not 100% convinced and creaming their pants about the appointment?
it's really dragged this forum down the last few days
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:29:56 »

why the fuck does it have to be those for di canio vs those who say anything not 100% convinced and creaming their pants about the appointment?
this x 100

I've said all I've got to say regarding my stance on Di Canio's appointment, I'd like to think I've remained fairly open-minded in debates and I've certainly not condemned anyone who is excited by the appointment. All of these arguments are now just going round in circles and are going to be the overall detriment of the forums.
Melksham Red

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:33:13 »

Cue a deluge of "Well fuck off then we can do without "fans" like you" responses.

Sounds like good advice to me.

Because that's what the lefties have created with their hate (tongue firmly in cheek)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:39:37 »

But we've always has topics where people disagree with each other. The only difference here is that much of the discussion is about politics and not football.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:41:24 »

But we've always has topics where people disagree with each other. The only difference here is that much of the discussion is about politics and not football.

I think what he means is why does there have to be such an intolerance for the other point of view. People should just get on with their own thing.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 11:45:48 »

Dave Hanley's MOS site was the daddy. Period.

Ridell and his mates were in a different fucking time zone to everyone else, but, whatever the result, they were essential therapy for STFC fans on many a winter saturday night.

Townfish was equally fucking legendary. Always popping up on Pox forums with sublime cutting remarks and signing off with his cuntish fishy signature <(((())-(

I met Townfish at the FA Cup game at Oxford a few years back. Leroy, I've never (knowingly) met, but I think he went to the same school as me (Faringdon) but he was a couple of years younger. Not heard from either for years.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: