Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 377183 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:04:02 »

Got to disagree with the dinosaur. Politics have no place in sport. If football is an entertainment and not a  sport then politics have no place in entertainment. Rangers and Celtic would be better off removing themselves from religion and returning to the tyrue meaning of football, which is 2 sqauds battling it out on a pitch.
Remove politics and religion from the game.

I'm confused...

Within this statement have you not then agreed that if the political stand of a footballer, who has brought these views into the game, is diametrically opposed to your beliefs, you have a personal right to walk away?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #196 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:10:48 »

I think limpwrist would be missed less than some of the former members
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:14:09 »

I think limpwrist would be missed less than some of the former members
From this site Yes. From the County Ground no. The County Ground being the most important.
deltaincline

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:17:35 »

Dave Hanley's MOS site was the daddy. Period.

Ridell and his mates were in a different fucking time zone to everyone else, but, whatever the result, they were essential therapy for STFC fans on many a winter saturday night.

Townfish was equally fucking legendary. Always popping up on Pox forums with sublime cutting remarks and signing off with his cuntish fishy signature <(((())-(
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:23:52 »

From this site Yes. From the County Ground no. The County Ground being the most important.

A fan is a fan and it's sad to lose any, no matter how many we gain. We will continue to be a bit part club unless we can keep existing fans and gain extra

limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 00:28:21 »

A fan is a fan and it's sad to lose any, no matter how many we gain. We will continue to be a bit part club unless we can keep existing fans and gain extra

Here we have common ground. Forget politics, forget religion just go out to the park and watch a game for 90 minutes. How simple is that?  Now all you have to do is convince the rest of your  clique.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 02:05:14 »

Limpwrist, turn your PC off before you alienate anyone else, your opinion is as valid as everyone else's but that doesn't give you the right to slag everyone else off in the process.  The amount a fan spends has got fuck all to do with his level of commitment to his team, just like those that do not sing do not care about their club any less than those that do.

Glad you lost your glasses tonight, you might not be able to read what you have spouted off about tonight in the morning.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Doore

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 06:21:47 »

Can anyone direct me to the thread where Our Lord and Saviour announced his retirement from the TEF?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:06:13 »

A persons beliefs or political persuation has nothing to do with anyone else unless they try to push it onto others or use a vehicle like STFC to promote it.  How do we know that a member of the board, a player or a number of the fans aren't facists?  But because we don't know that they are that makes it ok?

I don't believe in god but I also believe everyone has a right to worship their god, as long as they don't preach it to me that is fine.

If a fans personal beliefs are that strong that they can't bring themselves to be involved with the club while PDC is here then so be it, people should not have a go at them for that because that is their personal beliefs, but alternatively the fans that are not outraged by this shouldn't be persecuted either.

My stance is, I don't have a problem with people having beliefs for either side of the arguement as long as those beliefs are not preached to me.  PDC has not preached his views to me or anyone else to do with STFC so I do not have a problem with him being here, on the flip side I have seen numerous fans preaching anti facists views on here and on other social media, which is where the ironic hypocrisy kicks in.

This is why we are lucky to live in the part of the world that we do, because we are allowed to have our own minds and beliefs and spout it on the internet.  Both sides of this particular disagreement would be strung up for airing their views in other parts of the world.  Ain't freedom of speech great.

P.S I am logging off now before the internet police hunt me down and string me up!  Night Night!

Thats pretty much my opinion as well.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:12:18 »

Any of you MOS dwellers know what happened to Leroy?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:12:33 »

Here we have common ground. Forget politics, forget religion just go out to the park and watch a game for 90 minutes. How simple is that?  Now all you have to do is convince the rest of your  clique.

Ah yes that clique, the one where a few people do one thing and others will follow and do the same. It's clearly happened here hasn't it?!

As for the other point about leaving politics and religion out of football, it's probably not as simple as that but would be brilliant if it could be. But regardless, a fan may stay away because Maurice Malpas/Paul Hart is in charge, or a self-confessed fascist is in charge. Fans can be as loyal as anything, but there's always a breaking point.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:16:27 »

i dunno why this is all still dragging on? what is the big deal? some people have given up on stfc for a while,for reasons we all know.why can't everyone just respect what they've done and move on?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #207 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:25:56 »

Yes but someone felt like winding a few others up and we've bitten.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:54:52 »

Just to address one or two comments since I logged out last night:

1) I understand that PDC's politics aren't an obstacle to everyone's support, and that's fine. They won't stop me following the club news on a daily basis or coming on here, but just like I don't give my money to other companies or charities with views which I don't want to support, I can't very well make a moral exception just because it's a cause close to my heart that's been hijacked.

2) Paolo di Canio's views aren't just the posturings of a footballer trying to suck up to the fans. Paolo is an avowed fascist and admirer of Mussolini, with the tattoos to prove it. I don't think it's ok to go along with him as long as doesn't use the F word in an after-match press conference. He does openly parade his views. If you overlook this side of him, is there anyone you wouldn't have as manager? You have to draw a line somewhere. He crossed mine.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 10:16:59 »

Just to address one or two comments since I logged out last night:

1) I understand that PDC's politics aren't an obstacle to everyone's support, and that's fine. They won't stop me following the club news on a daily basis or coming on here, but just like I don't give my money to other companies or charities with views which I don't want to support, I can't very well make a moral exception just because it's a cause close to my heart that's been hijacked.

2) Paolo di Canio's views aren't just the posturings of a footballer trying to suck up to the fans. Paolo is an avowed fascist and admirer of Mussolini, with the tattoos to prove it. I don't think it's ok to go along with him as long as doesn't use the F word in an after-match press conference. He does openly parade his views. If you overlook this side of him, is there anyone you wouldn't have as manager? You have to draw a line somewhere. He crossed mine.

Yes, you've told us already. Very admirable son well done and give yourself a big pat on the back for not betraying your morals.
Can you give it a rest now so that we can all move on? Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: