Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 377170 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 22:28:13 »

cúnt.

Seems fine here DRS.
Talk Talk

« Reply #76 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 22:46:09 »

Time will tell, but I think the number of fans who feel so bad about this that they're 'considering their position' is relatively small.  The majority either don't care at all, or regret the Manager's sympathies but consider this to be peripheral to their love of the club.

Split the fanbase?  I don't think so.  (The pro- and anti-Wills/Diamandis split a few years ago was much more even and damaging, I would say.)  What I do regret though is that some of the people who have left the TEF today are people I have a lot of time for.

You're supporting a football club not a political regime ffs

Indeed Si.

I find it really ironic that I got completely slated because of my non-belief in politics -or alternatively my opinions that politics is a complete and utter load of bollocks and a waste of time. And yet we have a handful of self righteous (admittedly likeable - well sometimes) girlies who throw a strop because the manager of their football club happens to have an point of view that they don't agree with. It's a fucking football club. PDC ain't going to start the fourth reich for god's sake.

I stopped posting on here because I got fed up with the intolerance of forum members that had their own perspective and did not respect mine. And now we find that certain individuals have no tolerance either.

Drama queens.
Talk Talk

« Reply #77 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 22:53:20 »

Oh and Co-op Strong Export Ale by the way.

Here's a brimming glass full raised to di Canio, I can't wait for next season to start. The first match is going to be sky high with expectation. Let us just hope that the man can do the biz.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 00:03:12 »

Oops. I set my email up to auto-delete new member requests! I do remember occasionally to have a check, but there's never any waiting. Cheesy

Same!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 00:09:41 »

I used to be trogladite before some wanker deleted me. Just because I don't roll with the PC brigade. Good riddance to the intollerant bastards.
Coca Fola

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 00:46:53 »

Some of you need to step up and replace the outgoing members. It shouold be like the papacy and all that. Would be great! Make it happen higher powers.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 01:18:21 »

I know, and that's why I'm quietly publicising my disapproval rather than throwing my toys out the pram. Swindon is and will always be bigger than one man.

My spelling is fucking awful tonight.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 01:43:41 »

I know, and that's why I'm quietly publicising my disapproval rather than throwing my toys out the pram. Swindon is and will always be bigger than one man.

My spelling is fucking awful tonight.

Sorry, your post made it seem like you were drinking to numb your disgust which would be melodramatic.

Some people don't want to be invloved now due to their moral standpoint. Ok to them and they have done the right thing from their own perspective.

But have no shame in your continued support, until Di Canio starts throwing the odd Roman salute out to the town end, as a Swindon fan you have no association with fascism and neither does the club.

I don't think there was the same uproar on here when Bosnich was a rumoured signing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 01:53:13 »

Coke only harms the self though.

It's a pity that people have resorted to exiting from the forum completely. I'm semi excited about di canio, though do expect it to go tits up very very quickly. More importantly, whose going to organise the pervathon/stunners world cup now Sad And the primary school 1980 computer games. These are the issues we should be worried about Sad

Things get better but they never get good
santasdead

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 02:13:36 »

Nail Head.

I didn't see people deleting accounts when malpas was manager just because he was scottish. Pathetic. People who wont support Town just because of who the manager is, or what his beliefs are, are just doing the club harm - i know deleting acounts from the forum may just be a way not to get dragged into useless arguments, but not supporting Town because of Di Canio is like Crispy (only 'cos its the only example i have) deciding not to support Town because some polish immigrant is manager.

And yes i am intoxicated and probably havn't thought that through but i support swindon, dont care who the manager is as long as he gets the job done...which Di Canio probably won't.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 02:34:15 »

Coke only harms the self though.

Did he not do a nazi salute in front of spurs fans?

Di Canio's appointment is thus far fulfilling my predictions. It's started with some of our fans, soon enough it could be the media focus of his reign here and that could muddy the club's name and created an association with his political ideology, obviously not establishing a culture of it with the fans but in perception of outsiders anyway.

Hopefully the football will do the talking.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 06:13:02 »

More importantly, whose going to organise the pervathon/stunners world cup now Sad And the primary school 1980 computer games. These are the issues we should be worried about Sad

This
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:00:28 »

Did he not do a nazi salute in front of spurs fans?

Di Canio's appointment is thus far fulfilling my predictions. It's started with some of our fans, soon enough it could be the media focus of his reign here and that could muddy the club's name and created an association with his political ideology, obviously not establishing a culture of it with the fans but in perception of outsiders anyway.

Hopefully the football will do the talking.

Yeah he did, then claimed he did not realise the implications. Pfft.

Agreed with everything you've said in this thread.

It's a shame they've left and I hope the likes of pauld don't follow.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dozno9

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:09:38 »

Although the salute is associated with nazism it was used centuries before and then adopted by the nazi party. Di Canio uses the salute as a solidarity gesture.

If people cannot separate the two and choose to throw a wobbly over a political ideology then they should go and read some history and learn that ideology of solidarity is one thing, killing 6 million Jews is another. Di Canio has said he has some admiration for Mussolini others have admiration for Hitler also. The admiration comes from picking up a nation that is trouble and raising them up through the mire.

Some belive the ideology behind it works, Di Canio is not the 4 reich. He has stated he is an admirer of Fascist theory and past success, until he comes out and orders ethnic cleansing I'll be watching him at Swindon.

I doubt those that have left have stopped paying taxes which support oppression of innocent people in the name of freedom and democracy, itself a political ideology.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:20:58 by Dozno9 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 07:33:46 »

Can i be a mod
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: