Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to make midday statement  (Read 51343 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:07:00 »

Oh FFS. It was a gentle piss-take. And I thought I took life too seriously. Wouldn't worry about it anyway, I'll probably be following mex and ben out the door soon enough.

I know how you feel on this paul as it's all been said before and it's a real shame mex and ben will be withdrawing their support while di canio is here but as you do the whole football thing with your kids i think it would be an even bigger shame if you were to follow them.

i don't doubt you're torn and are disappionted with the appointment on moral grounds but i don't see how you could tell your boys that you'll not be taking them to football anymore, even if you were honest with them as to why i doubt they'd understand and you'd be the bad guy in all of this.

people have said that the club is bigger than all of this and it's up to individuals to make their own minds up on that but seriously think that family is bigger and think you really need consider that above anything else in this instance, i'd have been devestated if, for whatever reason, my dad stopped taking me to the football when i was younger
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:07:58 »

I would be more concerned if PDC had been appointed as leader of Swindon borough council as his political views would be relevant to the role. As manager of STFC I can't see him using this as a soap box to achieve world domination...

Couldn't agree more.

Apart from the bit about the Swindon Borough Council as it doesn't affect me in any way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #302 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:08:23 »

I know how you feel on this paul as it's all been said before and it's a real shame mex and ben will be withdrawing their support while di canio is here but as you do the whole football thing with your kids i think it would be an even bigger shame if you were to follow them.

i don't doubt you're torn and are disappionted with the appointment on moreal grounds but i don't see how you could tell your boys that you'll not be taking them to football anymore, even if you were honest with them as to why i doubt they'd understand and you'd be the bad guy in all of this.

people have said that the club is bigger than all of this and it's up to individuals to make their own minds up on that but seriously think that family is bigger and think you really need consider that above anything else in this instance, i'd have been devestated if, for whatever reason, my dad stopped taking me to the football when i was younger
Yeah bet they are devestated Ben will continue not to go Wink
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:09:07 »

Yeah bet they are devestated Ben will continue not to go Wink

yeah ok, ben doesn't really go anyway, point remains though
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #304 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:09:53 »

Paul quick question mate you don't have to answer.What if your kids want to still go to football? Will you not let them or what if someone else takes them.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:11:12 »

Paolo will win us promotion to the chamiponship according to SSN....

[url width=900 height=675]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/d689c03b.jpg[/url]
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:11:33 »

We need to tether a blimp at the bottom of Paul's back garden as encouragement to reconsider.  Once that has worked, the blimp (let's make it an orange one, for old times' sake) goes on tour to Ben's house and then Mexico/Brighton or wherever it is that Mex hangs out.

Apart from anything, we are going to need their pithy, insightful comments on here when the Oxonian hoards descend next season.  I'm feeling a lot less comfortable about next season without them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:12:05 »

i don't doubt you're torn and are disappionted with the appointment on moral grounds but i don't see how you could tell your boys that you'll not be taking them to football anymore, even if you were honest with them as to why i doubt they'd understand and you'd be the bad guy in all of this.

Thanks KT. That's a big part of the internal debate I'm having. Already renewed mine and the kids' season tickets so I've got all summer to mull it over. Wouldn't stop the kids going though, not right to make those kinds of choices on their behalf for something they don't fully understand.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #308 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:15:49 »

Be interesting to see just how many sponsors bugger off as well.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #309 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:18:44 »

Not many by the sound of it,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:19:12 »

Paul quick question mate you don't have to answer.What if your kids want to still go to football? Will you not let them or what if someone else takes them.
No, absolutely not, wouldn't dream of stopping them. I'll make my own decision in my own time, but it's not right to impose that on my kids. Although I suppose I have imposed going to watch Swindon Town on them for several years now which is probably in and of itself good reason for them to sue me for the cost of years of therapy when they grow up Smiley
spacey

« Reply #311 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:22:11 »

No Ben, No Lumps, No Mex, and now Pauld could leave?!

Don't worry though, TalkTalk's coming back..

Swings and roundabouts
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #312 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:22:46 »

Not many by the sound of it,

I think it's one smaller sponsor. Something to do with them being associated with a union.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:23:49 »

Only minor ones looking to pull out, it won't effect the club much at all.  Samsung said they are committed to sponsoring Swindon and would not get involved in the management process as it was the boards decision.  Di Canio will raise the clubs profile and with that will raise the profile for any sponsors profile.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 15:24:05 »

wray interview now on stfc world
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: