Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Mystery candidate linked with Town job  (Read 39715 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 17:06:33 »

Luggy to make a return?

Peter Reid with Andy King as assistant manager?
don mega

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 18:38:32 »

Its David O'Leary
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 18:53:36 »

How can Vic Chandler rate that scum paedo at 8/1 ahead of Dickie Dosh and Zippy?
Because that's how the bets have gone on?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 18:58:37 »

Because that's how the bets have gone on?
Paul you are not that naive are you? Victor Chandler have been fucking around with the odds as the please and had nearly two weeks of good free advertising from it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:05:11 »

Keith Hill of Rochdale and I'd very happilly drive him down to the CG and buy him a pint.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:11:49 »

Buckle - Torquay may go up to L1 but we have better prospects but I think he has been mentioned how about Shearer he always said he wanted to get back into managment

If it turns out to be Tisdale I think I would be extremely excited but unfortunetly I can only see him going to the championship
König

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:15:51 »

seriously why do people keep talking about Tisdale? he turned down Southampton when they were in league one and likely to go up, why the hell would he come to us in league 2, and when we're much smaller than Southampton. people need to get it into their heads that he wouldn't come here!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:32:38 »

Buckle - Torquay may go up to L1 but we have better prospects but I think he has been mentioned how about Shearer he always said he wanted to get back into managment

If it turns out to be Tisdale I think I would be extremely excited but unfortunetly I can only see him going to the championship

I thought Buckle may have been the 'already in a job' candidate who applied until I realised today that Torquay were in the play offs.

I can't believe he would have been applying for another job and being interviewed for it instead of preparing his team for a play off semi-final.

Even if he had, and it was him who the board had interviewed, they would not be saying they would be announcing the new manager on Wednesday when Torquay have a semi-final second leg to play on Friday followed of course by a possible (now looking highly likely) appointment at Wembley.

I was actually getting quite excited at the prospect of having Buckle as our next manager but as soon as I realised they were in the play offs, for the reasons given above it became apparent that there was no way that was going to happen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:35:04 »

Paul you are not that naive are you? Victor Chandler have been fucking around with the odds as the please and had nearly two weeks of good free advertising from it.
True dat. Sorry RedRag and I think DRS has your answer
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:36:39 »

Tisdale is the most successful/popular manager in Exeter City's history, it would take some significant behind-the-scenes problems for him to leave them.

...and then there's the whole L2 thing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 19:52:55 »

If Tisdale leaves Exeter over the summer, it will be for a Championship side. Why would he bother for anything less, he's earned a crack at that level
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 20:15:04 »

I thought Buckle may have been the 'already in a job' candidate who applied until I realised today that Torquay were in the play offs.

I can't believe he would have been applying for another job and being interviewed for it instead of preparing his team for a play off semi-final.

Even if he had, and it was him who the board had interviewed, they would not be saying they would be announcing the new manager on Wednesday when Torquay have a semi-final second leg to play on Friday followed of course by a possible (now looking highly likely) appointment at Wembley.

I was actually getting quite excited at the prospect of having Buckle as our next manager but as soon as I realised they were in the play offs, for the reasons given above it became apparent that there was no way that was going to happen.

Whilst I tend to agree you have to also remember his contract is up in 6 months. I'm assuming that despite his exploits with them this season he's yet to be offered a new one. Now I know i'd be looking if I didn't have long left in my current job. He may also be thinking he has taken them as far as he can espeically if players like Benyon are going to be sold off cheap. For him it might make sense to move to a bigger club where he can progress his career more. Staying at Torquay might damage his rep if they go up but come straight back down wherea getting us up and then taking us to the top end of L1 would see his rep rise more.
Marston Red

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 20:52:40 »

It's Paul Ince.....got overtaken by a Merc on the A419 with the numberplate 1NCE on Wednesday so fits with when interviews took place. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 20:58:51 »

It's Paul Ince.....got overtaken by a Merc on the A419 with the numberplate 1NCE on Wednesday so fits with when interviews took place. 
But doesn't fit with the mystery candidate
is believed to be a manager who is currently still employed by another club
Although as much of what the Adver "believes" is on a par with astrology, not sure how much that counts for
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 21:00:49 »

Can't have been Ince as his number plate is C U N T WITH A FUCKING GREAT BIG CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER - he drives a wide car.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: