Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wray will act fast to appoint permanent boss  (Read 10410 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 10:54:30 »

...and they even lost to us!

have you not fucked off yet?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 10:57:10 »

Yes.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 10:58:12 »

He's waiting until the new manager is appointed. He will end up getting a phase 2 ST won't you Dan?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:00:43 »

No.

I also never said i'd completely fuck off - just I really dont care right about now and wont be getting a season ticket for L2 football, unless the new managerial appointment shows some serious intent to piss the league.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:02:20 »

You're still here and you never go. Why dont you do one?
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:03:32 »

Not keen on Wally Downes. He's not had many jobs and hasn't done great in the ones he's had.

Certainly got a right temper on him. But you cant help but admire his work with Coppell at Reading. Points record in the 2nd tier. Great achievement.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:05:22 »

They have also made a terrible appointment. Sorry to say that Bodin would probably work out the same for us.

why?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:07:16 »

No.

I also never said i'd completely fuck off - just I really dont care right about now and wont be getting a season ticket for L2 football, unless the new managerial appointment shows some serious intent to piss the league.

I know a number of people who didn't renew, but are now considering whether to dependant on who's appointed.  A good appointment will certainly pull in a fair few more - I'm not sure many will rush if it's Wally Downes tbh.
Just out of a matter of interest DV, who would fall into that category in your eyes?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:13:34 »

Honestly, I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Alan Mac has talked a really good game on the radio this season, so much so that I'd like to see him give it a go.

Other than that, just someone who will make me (well all of us i suppose) think 'right this guy knows what he is doing'  'this guy knows how to get the best out of his players' ' this guy knows how to get out of L2'

Someone who is a bit old school and sees the importance of the squad having the best fitness levels possible.

I couldnt give a flying fuck about good football. I'd take 46 ugly hoofball 1-0 wins next season in a heartbeat.

We need a winner who will bring in a winning, be the best mentality through out the club. Like Wise and Sturrock did last time. No fucking about, they were hard working winners.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:14:56 »

Certainly got a right temper on him. But you cant help but admire his work with Coppell at Reading. Points record in the 2nd tier. Great achievement.

Yes but that was with Coppell not on his own. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:15:11 »

I don't fancy having Wally Downes as our manager at all, hes had one managers job before at Brentford and nearly got them relegated from the division we are in now and the previous season they finished in 16th place.

Since he has been appointed defensive coach at the hammers have their results got any better? no, have they started conceding less goal? no.

Hes an assistant at best but not a manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:15:27 »

why?

Just think he would be an appointment based on his playing career. Same as Powell.

Dont think Trollope would be such a bad dissapointment myself, especially if it was with someone like Downes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:19:24 »

I couldnt give a flying fuck about good football.
Entirely understandable as you won't be watching it

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:20:27 »

i'm ruling out anyone that will cost compo money.
plenty of candidates that wont need paying out for.
if bodin wins the next 2 games then it could be his?
trollope wants it, make no mistake about that,but as time has progressed i am thinking it wont be him offered it.i think he would have come in straight away if he had been lined up for the job.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:44:45 by arriba » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:24:05 »

Entirely understandable as you won't be watching it

...even if I was.

Football is about winning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: