Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wray will act fast to appoint permanent boss  (Read 10450 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 12:08:11 »

I just think why write off a boss (like Trollope) who has proved he can lead a L1 club? They were always a tough game until this season.

Bodin doesnt have the charisma in my opinion. He needs to get a job and be a success in the non leagues first. We dont want another Onoura. Base the appointment on managerial ability, not playing ability.

Every single manager ever known had to start someware,if you appointed a manager on managerial ability only.................you would never get any new managers surely.
If we are not to get a manager who will excite the masses then i would be more than happy with Paul Bodin.
Spencer_White

« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 12:19:14 »

Every single manager ever known had to start someware,if you appointed a manager on managerial ability only.................you would never get any new managers surely.
If we are not to get a manager who will excite the masses then i would be more than happy with Paul Bodin.

Let him start somewhere else?

Too big an appointment.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 12:28:08 »

how many so called successful experienced managers go onto have stinkers at other clubs?
our history shows rookie bosses have done well here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:03:27 »

My non-scientific ratings (others may disagree):

Good Rookies
Dennis WISE
Glenn HODDLE
Ossie ARDILES

Bad Rookies:
Maurice MALPAS
Iffy ONUORA
Jimmy QUINN
Steve MCMAHON
John GORMAN

Good Experienced:
Danny WILSON
Paul STURROCK
Andy KING

Bad Experienced
Paul HART
Roy EVANS
Colin TODD

Not sure what this shows really, other than its not an easy decision.

My opinion is the rebuilding job is so big that we need to hit the ground running. We are likely to do that with someone with experience.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:15:26 by Batch » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:11:10 »

To be awkward I thought I'd do the same...with a few changes.

Good Rookies
Dennis WISE
Glenn HODDLE
Ossie ARDILES
Lou MACARI

Bad Rookies:
Maurice MALPAS
Iffy ONUORA
Jimmy QUINN
Steve MCMAHON
John GORMAN

Good Experienced:
Danny WILSON
Paul STURROCK
Roy EVANS

Bad Experienced
Paul HART
Colin TODD
Andy KING

I've placed Gorman as a rookie as he didn't have managerial experience before us.  

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:13:03 »

What is the critera for experienced of otherwise? Gorman had one assistant job before being made manager. Malpas, as a 'rookie', had one year of club management and one at U21 at international level. Also Quinn had been a joint boss at Reading for two years or so before joining us.

Don't know what this means but some shuffling might be needed in that list.

Oh and Andy King was a fucking idiot, who couldn't even run Luton's club shop properly.

Bumclouds. Took me so long, Donkey sorted it out himself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:16:11 »

Gorman should have been down as a rookie. King was a difficult one, he was a gobshite. But yet he took us to the playoffs and had a good eye for a player.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 13:40:22 »

Let him start somewhere else?

Too big an appointment.

Exactly....Zippy had a go at Bath City, wasn't up to it and sensibly took a post more suited to his abilities.

In my opinion, the Board should wait to see the outcome of the Conference PO's then go and speak with Mellon....if Fleetwood make it, then he may want to stay with them...but if not we might be seen as progress.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 15:49:59 »

Are you on a percentage from Mellon's agent or something Reg?
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 17:11:53 »

I actually interviewed Mellon as part of a uni assignment this week. Fleetwood are flying and why would he leave them? They just had a new £4mil stand built and have had 8 promotions in 9 years. They look a tidy outfit too and are a club massively on the up.

I'm not massively keen on Trollope or Bodin, but don't think either would be a disaster. Downes is interesting tho....

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 17:24:25 »

I actually interviewed Mellon as part of a uni assignment this week. Fleetwood are flying and why would he leave them? They just had a new £4mil stand built and have had 8 promotions in 9 years. They look a tidy outfit too and are a club massively on the up.

Was he scary Scottish....like a Billy Davies.

I don't think he will go if they get promotion, but he might be tempted away by a sizeable salary and bonuses for promotion etc.

We need someone with a bit of experience and a bit of hunger to improve, even if it means they'll fuck off fairly soon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 18:54:08 »

I actually interviewed Mellon as part of a uni assignment this week. Fleetwood are flying and why would he leave them?
Possibly because their chairman's dodgy as fuck?
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=11777
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 18:59:49 »

Billy Davies reminds me of Nocky from the Boardwalk(Sky Series)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 19:22:34 »

I'm getting the definitive lowdown on Trollope's position at Rovers from reliable sources. I was also led to believe that Rovers couldn't afford to pay him of when they relieved him of his duties, so he's seeing out the remainder of his contract (i.e. gardening leave). Will update when I have more.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 19:23:42 »

To be awkward I thought I'd do the same...with a few changes.

Bad Rookies:
John GORMAN

To be fair to Gorman he had us playing decent football, with a bit of luck and Fjortoft firing from the start of the season we could have done better in the PL and then Kevin Morris' death had a major impact on the club the following season.

Don't think McMahon was that bad either, sure he got us relegated but he got us straight back up again.

Lumping them both in with Malpas is a tad distorted.

I'd like to see us going back to a player-manager as it worked well in the past, though admittedly it's a lot harder getting anyone of the class of Hoddle, Ardiles, Macari (and even McMahon) to do that nowadays.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: