Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Hart says good riddance to Grella  (Read 8528 times)
News Monkey

« on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 14:00:02 »

Hart says good riddance to Grella

Manager Paul Hart believes Swindon are "better off without" striker Mike Grella, who has returned to Leeds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9455637.stm
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 15:23:47 »

I remember McMoan sending Fjortoft packing.

And i remember what happened that year too!!

I understand the attitude of if he dont want to be here but Stevie Wonder could see he was one of best players and Hart looks the cunt in this story as the performance and selection at Exeter illustrates.

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 17:44:35 »

He's got the chance to play a part in Leeds' return to the top flight. Even if it is a small part. Probably feels if he's going to sit on the bench anywhere he'd rather do it at Leeds.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 17:53:33 »

I agree with Hart on this. He was hardly bombed out like Obika was.

People went all lovey-dovey with him because of some Tweets but I considered Grella's exit a bit of a cop out if I'm honest. He signed on until the rest of the season and it wouldn't have hurt him nor his Leeds career had he got stuck in and fought for his place (if we're honest, he's not to be at Leeds for much longer if they're moving towards the Prem).

Tremendous fan PR by Grella and I wish him luck but when we're looking for options up front, we are one down yet again which isn't all his fault but he hasn't helped matter.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 17:54:52 »

I can see both arguments to be fair.It's happened we move on,i say we wait til the end of season tbh before slaughtering Hart.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 17:57:55 »

I'm with Hart on this. He hasn't come across well in the way he's explained it to the press, but at the same time he knows the importance of having the right mentality in the dressing room. His job at the time was to get this team to win 5 out of 6 games, and he needs to do everything he can to keep up levels of morale, focus and determination.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:03:26 »

I dont blame him. And good to see a player capable of a bit of fan PR, not like some of the twittering fuckwits weve got here.

The cases of Grella and Obika show how stupid the club was to try and rely on on-loan strikers to keep us up. Neither player was under any real obligation to stay and fight.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:08:20 »

True Spence but don't you think it's amazing how what sort of season you are having has a massive effect on fans opinions on things like this.

I remember a certain Matt ritchie doing exactly the same thing last season but as we were doing well it didn't seem to matter as much did it
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:17:05 »

I dont blame him. And good to see a player capable of a bit of fan PR, not like some of the twittering fuckwits weve got here.

The cases of Grella and Obika show how stupid the club was to try and rely on on-loan strikers to keep us up. Neither player was under any real obligation to stay and fight.

Unlike Calvin Andrew of course Cheesy

Obika has shown at Yeovil he was capable,Grella was our best player in a few matches.

To be honest i hope Hart keeps us up obviously but i dont relish the idea of him being our next manager.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:21:44 »

Unlike Calvin Andrew of course Cheesy

Obika has shown at Yeovil he was capable,Grella was our best player in a few matches.

To be honest i hope Hart keeps us up obviously but i dont relish the idea of him being our next manager.
At least Hart has stopped us being cannon fodder. We're no longer beaten before we set foot on the pitch. For that, at least he deserves some praise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:42:45 »

Wilson had already stopped us being cannon fodder at home. One win does not a summer make.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:46:49 »

Wilson had already stopped us being cannon fodder at home. One win does not a summer make.
Agree.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:55:45 »

At least Hart has stopped us being cannon fodder. We're no longer beaten before we set foot on the pitch. For that, at least he deserves some praise.

Chalkies, youve said that before, but the results before Wilson left do not bear that out. In Wilsons last month we had 3 draws, lost 3 games by 1 goal, we did get beaten badly at Orient and Southampton. And lets face it, we would get hammered again if we went to St Mary's tommorow.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 18:59:59 »

We thought that with Huddersfield and Brighton didn't we.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:02:29 »

If I say it enough times then maybe I'll start believing it. I'm trying to grasp a few straws and now you bastards are taking them away from me - regardless of whether they're real or not
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: