Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Hart says good riddance to Grella  (Read 8529 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:02:50 »

True Spence but don't you think it's amazing how what sort of season you are having has a massive effect on fans opinions on things like this.

I remember a certain Matt ritchie doing exactly the same thing last season but as we were doing well it didn't seem to matter as much did it

Matt Ritchie was kept out last season by better players who were also on form and playing in a winning team.

I couldnt give you a decent reason as to why Grella wasnt playing any part, better players, not really.

Hart clearly doesnt fancy him (for whatever reason I dont know or care)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:03:21 »

If I say it enough times then maybe I'll start believing it. I'm trying to grasp a few straws and now you bastards are taking them away from me - regardless of whether they're real or not
Cheesy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:06:32 »

Matt Ritchie was kept out last season by better players who were also on form and playing in a winning team.

I couldnt give you a decent reason as to why Grella wasnt playing any part, better players, not really.

Hart clearly doesnt fancy him (for whatever reason I dont know or care)
As Hart said he played 5 out of 7 games.On the bench and he spits his dummy out,it's easy to have a pop at hart is what i'm saying due to our league position irrelevent of whether ritchie was kept out by better players he ultimatly did exactly the same thing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:18:13 »

As Hart said he played 5 out of 7 games.On the bench and he spits his dummy out,it's easy to have a pop at hart is what i'm saying due to our league position irrelevent of whether ritchie was kept out by better players he ultimatly did exactly the same thing.

I dont think Ritchie or Grella spat their dummy out. Both did the sensible thing.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:19:40 »

Have to disagree but that's football. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:29:39 »

Wasn't Ritchie recalled by Portsmouth en route to a game with Swindon? Ritchie had no choice, Grella did.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/5422281.Going_back_for_Matt/?ref=rss
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 19:33:13 by Costanza » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 20:09:28 »

I will try and find it but it came out after that he asked to go back.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 20:09:58 »

I will try and find it but it came out after that he asked to go back.

Fair enough.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 09:18:11 »

From memory Pompey recalled Richie just after he scored a mid week hat trick for our ressies. The reason he was playing for the ressies in the first place was because he really didn't look that good/fit when he came on in the first team.

Very few shed any tears but i can now say i'm glad we went back for him.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 20:13:44 »

Its almost as if you have to keep your loan players out of the team to be in with a chance of signing them. The fact Ritchie couldnt get anywhere near our team last season probably paved the way for Portsmouth offloading him. They may well not have realised the player keeping him out of the team had some of the best form in the entire football League.

Anyone remmember when Michael Reddy scored a few goals for us and so Sunderland wanted £5m for him? He was playing for Grimsby about 3 years after that.

We're playing Andrew too much at the moment, got no chance of signing him full time.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 20:58:42 »

We're playing Andrew too much at the moment, got no chance of signing him full time.

... and risk him getting in a strop and returning to Palace?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 21:02:47 »

... and risk him getting in a strop and returning to Palace?

Herein lies the problem with loan players,if there shit they go back,if they are quality they go back.....if they are mediocre they dont know whether they are coming or going.
As good as the loan system helped us last season it has really buggered us up this.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 21:22:51 »

Anyone remmember when Michael Reddy scored a few goals for us and so Sunderland wanted £5m for him? He was playing for Grimsby about 3 years after that.
Ended up going further norrth to Greenland and then going as far south as you can get and play football by playing in the Falkland Islands.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 21:50:30 »

Ended up going further norrth to Greenland and then going as far south as you can get and play football by playing in the Falkland Islands.
That was a Wikipedia myth that got all over the internet, and into an issue of FourFourTwo. He retired through injury and then did his coaching badges.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 21:58:15 »

I'm really going for this 85% bollocks recently
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: