Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise or...  (Read 32488 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 14:02:43 »

I disagree - he know's we don't have the firepower to shoot ourselves out of trouble and doesn't want to play risky tactics that could have seen 3-4 goals conceded per game.  If we only have the capability to score a goal a game we have to ensure we concede none - if we were scoring 3-4 goals per game after Austin left then it would be different and he probably wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Our problem was that under Wilson we were conceding more goals than we were scoring so the biggest problem to sort is goals conceded which I think he has stemmed to a degree but we were never going to start winning our games as we just don't have the firepower to do it

You are right in some ways, however, its his abilty to do nothing when the shit hits the fan that fucks me off.

Losing 1-0 or 4-0 makes no difference...so .... when we are a goal down to Plymouth or Exeter....fucking go for it and gamble....but oh no....we play it nice and cagey and still fucking lose.

I was there and saw it...

Clems Army!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 15:26:47 »

When we are still in with a chance of surviving, losing 1-0 or 4-0 can mean the difference between relegation or survival based on goal difference so again I have to disagree - the line is that fine, come the game where we HAVE to win and we find ourselves a goal down then I agree there is nothing to lose
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 15:52:38 »

I think its pretty fucking pointless worrying or even caring about goal difference when you are as far from safety as we are.

Losing 1-0 or 4-0 will have no part in whether we stay up or not.

However, the difference between losing 1-0 and going for it and snatching an equalizer or even more so the difference between settling for 1-1 or gambling and winning 2-1 will be.

Every game Hart has taken charge of has been must win. He hasnt gambled and we havent won enough.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:30:16 »

Arsene Wenger is bracing himself for a major shake-up of Arsenal's backroom staff in the summer, with the possibility that assistant Pat Rice could leave after 15 years working as his right-hand man.
Full story: Daily Express
From BBC news - he could come here if he wanted to with a few Arse rejects.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 18:44:48 »

The main problem this season has been an inability to score goals at home...and therefore win rather than draw games.

Our present total of 18 = the worst ever season of 55/56, when we finished 24th and had to apply for re-election.

All other seasons with a low total of home goals have ended in relegation 73/74....22 goals, 93/94....25 goals, 99/00...23 goals.  This season will be no different, apart from as things stand it will be the only season in our history, where we've failed to score at least 3 goals in any single home game at the CG. Thereby providing further evidence of the historic shitness of this squad.

Further evidence of historic shitness, comes in the shape of a new record for league games gone without a home win....11, which shades the 10 of 55/56.

Notts C next up who themselves today set up a record of 9 successive losses. Should be a cracker....
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 18:55:28 »

Further evidence of historic shitness, comes in the shape of a new record for league games gone without a home win....11, which shades the 10 of 55/56.

Notts C next up who themselves today set up a record of 9 successive losses. Should be a cracker....

Two impressive records on the line and head to head - one of them has to end - can't not go now
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 19:06:05 »

It'll be a veritable feast of football all right. Sadly my lad's playing in a tournament at 5.30 so won't be able to make it. Gutted
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 12:00:38 »

I don't think Fitton interferes per se, but the enforced club policy is completely inflexible. Get the contracts sorted in the summer transfer window for example.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 12:14:36 »

I don't he interferes anymore than the average chairman.

If i owned a club I'd find it pretty hard to not interference to some degree. As a fan we all think we are potential genuises at the management game, signing players, team lineups, tactics, etc.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 12:21:31 »

If he interferes people would say he shouldn't

If he didn't interfere people would accuse him of not doing enough.

And I too don't think he interferes that much. It seems to me that the current squad was Wilson's work.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: