Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise or...  (Read 32680 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:42:38 »

He won't keep us up with that form Flash. If by some miracle we do stay up then that form will have obviously changed dramatically and then will probably have earnt a permanent deal.

I'm starting to agree with Hart's comments about our strikers being the key problem area. I know we've been shocking all over the pitch but we're looking better at the back. The midfield is a problem and I'm thnking it's because there is little spark in any area of the pitch. I reckon if we can pose danger up front it will pin back the opposition back and allow our other players the freedom they had last season.

Out of our current team (non-loan players) I'd say only Caddis and Ritchie look likely to make something happen. The problem is Ritchie gets bullied off the ball a lot, probably due to him being lightweight and having too many players mark him out and Caddis is a right back and not an attacker for fuck sake.

So is it tactics or players? I'm starting to see why Hart plays one up front if Andrew is the only one capable of scaring the opposition. We're treating every team with too much complacency and respect and that's got to be a mental issue with the players and not the manager.

I'm not a fan of Hart but I don't think it's fair to write him off until the season has run its course.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:45:47 »

How about Shearer - he wants to get back into management - would he drop to our level ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1376274/Alan-Shearer-reveals-management-desire-despite-doomed-Newcastle-tenure.html

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:48:16 »

Thought you meant Duncan for a minute there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:48:26 »

I'm not a fan of Hart but I don't think it's fair to write him off until the season has run its course.

It should be a simple equation....stay up, get the job....go down, someone else gets the job. As soon as we're mathematically down, Hart should go.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:54:15 »

Hart should only be released to make way for a new manager, like what happened with Wilson. Hart's a good coach and players do need to keep training, unless of course you're Andy King and you just let them get on with it.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 12:58:15 »

What we need is another manager who's in the Macari mould, I don't think Macari would come back into football management but what about Gordon Strachan? Don't think he's doing too much at the moment. He's got the know how, don't think we could do much worse.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:03:54 »

what about Gordon Strachan? Don't think he's doing too much at the moment. He's got the know how, don't think we could do much worse.

sometimes i despair!
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:18:39 »

Whats there to despair about, loads of other names are being bandied about, was only saying we couldn't do any worse than what we have at the moment. He's a biggish name, got experience up to international level, could probably motivate the players and don't think he would take any crap from them and has probably got quite a few contacts for bringing in better quality players, can't see any problem there.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:35:25 »

Arghhh

Its going to be fucking trollope
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:39:35 »

Yep i still reckon it will be Trollope - Manager / Hart - Director of Football / Charlie P - 1st Team coach.

If it's not that then:-

Charlie McParland Manager / Hart - Director of Football /  Another - 1st Team Coach
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:41:47 »

Whats there to despair about, loads of other names are being bandied about, was only saying we couldn't do any worse than what we have at the moment. He's a biggish name, got experience up to international level, could probably motivate the players and don't think he would take any crap from them and has probably got quite a few contacts for bringing in better quality players, can't see any problem there.

We're a Div 4 club, that operates on a tiny budget, Strachan is still probably being paid 75% of our turnover, by clubs that he's been sacked from and still being paid.

Back in the days of Louy, players although wealthy by most standards, generally still needed to work, and there was much less media stuff available.

Now big names, are much less inclined to go into management and risk humiliation.....look at someone like Tony Adams.

You get the odd one with something to prove like Paul Ince....I wouldn't be adverse to giving him a go, if we want a retread.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 13:59:09 »

Is that the same Tony Adams currently managing in the very splendid and worthwhile Azerbaijan Premier League?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 14:52:42 »

How about Shearer - he wants to get back into management - would he drop to our level ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1376274/Alan-Shearer-reveals-management-desire-despite-doomed-Newcastle-tenure.html

That cunt thinks hes a greek god...

The England role is below...talks a good game....i will always remember the Toon going down with a whimper with the Messiah in charge.

Great coup if we could get him at our level.......unlikely!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 15:13:05 »

Is that the same Tony Adams currently managing in the very splendid and worthwhile Azerbaijan Premier League?

I say fair play to Adams, he might be a bit of a loon, but at least he's out there working, rather than just sat on his fat arse talking about it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 15:28:36 »

Apart from mumbling platitudes on Match of the Day and getting the Newcastle job on the back of a wave of "He's the Messiah" fan clamour (a job in which he signally failed to achieve any kind of upturn in form or results), precisely what is it that Shearer's ever done to make anyone think he'd be a good manager? His sole qualifications seem to be being a bit of a media darling and in his own head.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: