Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 39639 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 15:23:35 »

Itll be trollope.

And i wont be happy

I doubt many fans will be over the moon. And even if he starts off well, they'll be enough fans waiting for him to fail that it will suck some life out of the crowd.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 15:26:52 »

Itll be trollope.

I genuinely hope to god it isn't. I'll be gutted.

We need a buzz. Like Wise and Poyet managed. Not a failed league 1 manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 15:47:20 »

I genuinely hope to god it isn't. I'll be gutted.

We need a buzz. Like Wise and Poyet managed. Not a failed league 1 manager.

As I never tire of saying, we got Wise and Poyet and all their other backroom staff, because we were spending money we didn't have.  That will not happen under the current regime, so it will be a cheap and cheerful appointment.  If Hart can conjure a few wins before the end of the season, it may well be him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 15:59:13 »

Yes I suppose that is sensible Reg. Don't get me wrong, we can't let ourselves go back to financial ruin. I'm not suggesting we will splash out on a top name and all their staff. Merely that Trollope and (for me) Hart are appointments of the Malpas type - uninspiring.

We've had Wilson. I thought he was a good calibre of manager when we appointed him. I'd rather see a Wilson type appointed that will give us fans some degree of optimism than a Trollope who largely won't.

For me a Paul Sturrock or a  Gary Johnson kind of experienced manager would be my kind of choice.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:08:51 »

If I were Fitton, I would pay compo and get Tisdale in and put him on a long contract, that could only really happen if we were to stay in this division though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:09:10 »

As I never tire of saying, we got Wise and Poyet and all their other backroom staff, because we were spending money we didn't have.  That will not happen under the current regime, so it will be a cheap and cheerful appointment.  If Hart can conjure a few wins before the end of the season, it may well be him.

But Fitton & Co do have the money don't they? Surely it would be in their interests to finance the appointment of a top calibre management team and a few players? (or as good as you can get in Div 4) Brighton have spent some serious money and are reaping the rewards. Spend some money now to get out of Division 4 and back up to the Championsip and then with the vastly increased revenues, the Club can become self financing and self sufficiant.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:13:39 »

Yes I suppose that is sensible Reg. Don't get me wrong, we can't let ourselves go back to financial ruin. I'm not suggesting we will splash out on a top name and all their staff. Merely that Trollope and (for me) Hart are appointments of the Malpas type - uninspiring.

We've had Wilson. I thought he was a good calibre of manager when we appointed him. I'd rather see a Wilson type appointed that will give us fans some degree of optimism than a Trollope who largely won't.

For me a Paul Sturrock or a  Gary Johnson kind of experienced manager would be my kind of choice.

You don't particularly need a name to get out of Div 4, but someone who knows their trade. Look at the managers doing it this season....John Sheridan, Alan Knill, Gary Waddock, Paul Buckle, Graham Westley, Coleman at Stanley. No names there.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:18:20 »

Here's one out of nowhere: Robbie Savage?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:21:52 »

You don't particularly need a name to get out of Div 4, but someone who knows their trade. Look at the managers doing it this season....John Sheridan, Alan Knill, Gary Waddock, Paul Buckle, Graham Westley, Coleman at Stanley. No names there.
I agree completely. And who knows, maybe next season we will be able to add Paul Trollope to that list. But why not 'throw some money' at the playing side for couple of seasons, get up to the Championship and then say ,"Right, the club now has to be self supporting" Which it will be feasible for it to be with vastly increased revenues.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:23:42 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:28:38 »

for all the money fitton and co have ploughed into the club it has got us nowhere where it matters,on the pitch.
i'd actually go as far as saying it's as poor a squad as i can remember currently.
i can't think of a single player we have that would command a reasonable transfer fee.

we are ok in most departments and i think in div 4 will more than hold their own.but i also think we will need to spend too.2 forwards are needed straight away.
i'd also stretch ourselves for a decent, proven centre half.one who could take the armband immediately.

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:31:12 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:35:04 »

You don't particularly need a name to get out of Div 4,

I wouldn't call a Sturrock or Wilson a "name". Just people who have experience and some success. We could go for an unknown and it work. However its less risky but more expensive to go with experience.

for all the money fitton and co have ploughed into the club it has got us nowhere where it matters,on the pitch.

I don't disagree but you need to look at the long game. Once off the pitch debts are paid off or are serviceable then things are more likely to happen on the pitch. i.e. you can't build on sand.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:37:56 »

i appreciate that batch,but i'm afraid fans look at results first and foremost.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:42:59 »

If I were Fitton, I would pay compo and get Tisdale in and put him on a long contract, that could only really happen if we were to stay in this division though.

Why on earth would Tisdale come to us?

He's a decent manager and alot of our fans have wanted him the last 3 or 4 times the STFC managers job has come up, now Exeter are a division above us. Why would he take the backwards step?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:46:59 »

i appreciate that batch,but i'm afraid fans look at results first and foremost.

Yes absolutely. And from the outside this season has seen reasonable investment in the team, its just been a total fuck up on who we invested in (or didn't invest in). Its not clear whether this was Wilson, or whether Wilson was working with handcufs on.

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, March 26, 2011, 16:48:35 »

bit of both i think batch
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: